Anyone Vaped Caffeine?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tmckendry

Jan 18, 2012
Canada
Hey folks.

I'm new to the vaping community and it struck me that instead of spending lots of time and money ordering and drinking coffee that perhaps I can create an e-liquid with caffeine instead of nicotine and carry it around in a tank.

I was wondering if anyone has every attempted this, and where I should go about researching it.

It seems you can get a kilo of caffeine extract in a powder form for ~$15 from China. Lasts for ~2 years. No idea if it will dissolve in a PG or VG base though.

Ladypixel

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 3, 2012
La Verne, CA
Hah, I just answered this question in another thread. Now, where the heck did that thread go...

The short answer is that while there have been a few vendors who have sold caffeine liquids, caffeine doesn't tend to absorb the same way that nicotine does. So while yes, you can vape it, it has minimal effect unless you're constantly vaping it for a long period of time.

I have a caffeine juice in the house right now. I'm a heavy coffee drinker who needs a couple cups to get me coherent in the mornings. So I thought hey, I'd supplement the morning cup. What ended up happening is that I personally got little to no effect from it, and in fact, the place that I got the juice from has yanked the juice and is reformulating it right now because other people also reported little to no effect.

From other threads, it seems to be that you're getting at or about as much caffeine as you'll get in a cup of decaf. But it does taste different, at least! :)

Ladypixel

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 3, 2012
La Verne, CA
*grin* I've actually found that once you find the right juice to go with your morning cuppa, you get a great combo of flavors, still get the morning ritual of the cup and the inhalation, keep drinking stuff (which is important when you're vaping -- both PG and VG can dehydrate you) and it's easier than futzing around with trying to dissolve caffeine. ;) Still... the vendor I got my caffeine juice from DID go back to reformulate it recently. It's possible someone'll make it work. It just hasn't happened yet!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread