Anyone Vaping No Nicotine?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey all: I quit smoking cigarettes about 6 weeks ago. By the time my first e-cig kit came i was already off nicotine, so I continued to stay off it.

I do, however, enjoy vaping very much. I use an ego system now with a 1000 mahh batt & a cylinder style atty, although I prefer using the "mega cartomizers".

Briefly, I smoked 40 years, had a heart attack, that didn't make me quit. Had an additional 3 heart catheterizations with stent implantation........that didn't make me quit either.

I've tried all the NRT's as I'm sure alot of us here have.

vaping's the only thing that gives me confidence I won't relapse to smoking.

Was wondering if anyone else here has been or is in the same boat?

Thanks for any input, and, thankyou for a forum like this.:facepalm:

gscratch

Sep 10, 2011
Edmonton
Good on you for finally kicking the analog. It's true - smokers are among the strongest willed creatures on earth. No matter the hazards - we just seem to keep going back to weed to get kicked again.

I've got a lot of non-nic juices that I routinely enjoy - particularly when I've just had enough NIC, but want to keep vaping.

My biggest problem is that with analogs, I can have one - and leave them for an hour. Vaping seems to be a constant over the time period. I wonder if I'm just not finding a flavour / strength that can give me the 'buzz' without keeping at it like it's a patch.

judybr

ECF Veteran
Sep 5, 2010
Land of the Dragon, Western NC
Congrats Joanie!
There is a new product being produced for those having a hard time staying off analogs even with nic, WTA. I know I want some as I can't get past using nic and that just might help. I still have to have the very occasional analog to maintain me, others use snus, and other things to not use analogs. It just tells us that the nic, while being the primary reason we smoke, is not the only thing that we are addicted to.
Happy Vaping!

Boodle

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2011
Las Vegas, NV, USA
altcig.com
Congrats on being smoke, tobacco and nic free. Wow. Good for you. I've only been vaping 8 months. I stressed over lowering my nic too soon and jumped back up to 18mg. I have 24 in case of a cig crave but don't need it often.

I've just started vaping 0 a few hours a day. I got into DIYing in August and finally made the juice of my dreams. I love it so much I vape it prolly too much. Made a batch at 0mg for guilt-free vaping. I can see transitioning to all 0mg juice over the next year. I'm so stoked about not smoking that I decided not to stress about nic for now.

It would be interesting to hear what your doc is saying about any recent X-Rays/scans you've had. A vaping co-worker had a checkup and her doc sent her back to have the tests redone. Such a positive change the doc thought they mislabled the chart with a different patient :)

Cheers to you. What an accomplishment! Your story is inspiring. Will be joining you nic-free down the road.

leftfeild

ECF Veteran
May 21, 2011
Scotland
I vape 0mg sometimes and some days I do only 0mg. I don't feel I need nicotine anymore but I really miss the throat hit nicotine gives me so I can't stay on 0mg forever before feeling that vaping isn't as satisfying as I know it usually it. I don't often use more than 8mg nicotine but even in that low amount it gives a throat hit. There is some stuff called qhit that's meant to simulate it without nicotine but I haven't seen raving reviews about it so I'm reluctant to buy it in.

I know there are others who vape 0mg and others who vape really low mg strengths so you're not alone.

JQside

ECF Veteran
Oct 16, 2011
Canada
I smoked menthol all my analog smoking life, so nicotine-free vaping for me is almost exactly the same. Right now I'm waiting for my menthol crystals to arrive so I could concoct the right amount of menthol flavoring on my cartridges.

If I vape with non-menthol juice, it has to have a nicotine mixture so I could feel that throat hit I was looking for. Otherwise, I'd prefer menthol-flavored juices.

If I were you guys I wouldn't even worry about nicotine addiction. I don't think it's the same as when smoking real cigarettes. But that's just me. The only reason why I don't need it in mine is because I get the throat hit already when I use menthol flavored ones. I think moderation is always best.

;-)

Last edited:
Hi Judybr: Thanks for responding. Just want to say you have an excellent point when you said the nic's not all we're addicted to. For me the "hand to mouth" thing is so addictive as well. I may have traded one expense for another, but, vaping has got to be at the very least a "harm reduction" as well as a good-tasting experience. I'm lovin it, and, I just wish it was around years ago before I started having all these heart problems. Better late than never!!

Hi Boodle: Thanks for the words of encouragement! I've ordered several no-nic juices, but, I am aware that the diy aspect would be smarter, and, I think I'm gravitating toward the possibility of just that. I haven't told any of my doctors that I've quit smoking yet because It's only been 6 weeks, and, I want to make sure I'm over the hurdle...so to speak. However, I definitely feel more confident because of being able to vape as a substitution. 40 years is a long time to smoke. It's hard to believe when I put it in words like that. Wow, the time went fast. So your co-worker has seen an improvement? That's awesome and inspiring. Any gains to getting of the cigs is a positive. Have a great day!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread