• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Anyone??

Status
Not open for further replies.

BobTheKlown

ECF Veteran
Sep 11, 2010
Red Oak, Tx
I've noticed that this group hasn't seen much activity lately.
I'd like to see us North Texas Vapers converse more!

So where about's is everybuddy? I'm down here just south of Desoto/Lancaster area, just moved here from Plano.

What's everybody's ecig model and flavor of choice? Mine's a homemade box mod w/ LR 510 atty and 40mg DIY waffle right now...

Anybody else wanna chime in?

:smokie:

BobTheKlown

ECF Veteran
Sep 11, 2010
Red Oak, Tx
Hello? (hello.. hello..)
Echo? (echo.. echo..)
Anybody there??
Nobody in North Texas wants to talk?? This is an awfully big area for me to be so alone... Dallas = Top 5 largest metro areas in US... Really, much smaller area groups have a lot more activity... Did I just miss the hay-day of this group? Nobody left to talk to? I mean, I'm not exactly sane, I talk to myself and everything, but typing just for my own benifit? I may have lost it now.... :)

jctgh

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 11, 2010
Allen, TX
Hey Bob!
I am in Allen--sorry to see that you left Plano! You know you are right--what is wrong with this group! Texans are supossed to be friendly!!!

How do you like your box mod? I am new to vaping and have an eGo but, I would LOVE one of those beautiful wood mods!!!
As for flavors, we (my husband and I) are having a really hard time finding a fav. We have tried juices from vaporescence (in Denton), Liberty-Flights, SimplyEJuice, and GourmetVapor. So far, overall, GourmetVapor is our fav. but, still not one particular favorite flavor. We are actually having a hard time finding the right vg/pg mix. This may sound crazy but, I think that pg makes my ears hurt! Have you ever heard of that?

So, why the move to Red Oak? How are you liking it? Think it will rain this weekend? It will, we are supossed to camp Sat. night!

Hugs!

BobTheKlown

ECF Veteran
Sep 11, 2010
Red Oak, Tx
Sorry if this is too cluttered with the quote boxes, wanted to respond conversationally:
:)
Howdy!

You know you are right--what is wrong with this group! Texans are supossed to be friendly!!!
Exactly my point! :glare: Comeon people!
How do you like your box mod?
I love it, vapes like a dream, fit's perfect in my hand, takes batteries I can buy anywhere, and I made it myself! :thumb::smokie::headbang:
I am new to vaping and have an eGo but, I would LOVE one of those beautiful wood mods!!!
Me too, but I'm not very good with wood, so I'm trying to talk my brother into making me a wooden box to build a mod in... :thumb:
As for flavors, we (my husband and I) are having a really hard time finding a fav. We have tried juices from vaporescence (in Denton), Liberty-Flights, SimplyEJuice, and GourmetVapor. So far, overall, GourmetVapor is our fav. but, still not one particular favorite flavor.
Yeah, flavor hunting is hard work... :) What flavors have you tried? You mentioned the suppliers, but, as a DIYer now, the flavor's a more important factor then who bottled it....
We are actually having a hard time finding the right vg/pg mix. This may sound crazy but, I think that pg makes my ears hurt! Have you ever heard of that?
I haven't heard of that in particular, but a lot of people are sensitive to one or the other in some way or another. I'm still lacking VG in my DIY supplies, but when I get some I plan on mixing up different PG/VG levels (right now, the most VG I could put into DIY mix is about 40%) to try and see what vapes best for me, maybe if we get a meet together (and I get some plastic bottles) I could mix you up some like that to find your 'perfect blend'?
So, why the move to Red Oak? How are you liking it?
The reason's primarily financial, I'm grossly under-employed (I get very few hours), and couldn't afford an apartment on my own, and Mom had an extra bedroom.... I like it fine, it just means my work's more spread out (I'm a merchandiser, building and checking on displays and stuff at all kinds of stores), and my friends are farther to visit (N. Dallas and Garland mostly)...
Think it will rain this weekend? It will, we are supossed to camp Sat. night!
Aww... I would have been wishing for it, but I won't since that would ruin your weekend! I love camping, but haven't been in soo long, I have to try to go before it gets too cold... I hope it doesn't rain on you!
Whereabouts ya'll camping?

-=Bob=-

jctgh

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 11, 2010
Allen, TX
LOL The quote boxes kinda crack me up! Wish that I would have checked your post last night! You could've come over and hung out with us tonight! We are just watching the Ranger game with some other friends that vape!
We were going to camp at Joe Farmer-Bethany Lakes park. It is a city thing where a whole bunch of people pitch their tents, the kids run amoke and they play a movie in the outdoor ampitheater. So, not real camping but, a ton of fun!
How are you liking the DIY thing? We plan on eventually getting there but, we really haven't figured out what we like enough to buy flavoring! lol We have tried all kinds of flavors! We tend not to like tobacco flavors as much as we thought we would. I think that I like fruits-really not sure, though. My husband seems to like maple cream and butter rum. How 'bout you?
Have you seen the wooden box mods that soemone on here is selling? They are amazing! I think they are about $135 *sighs*
So how did you make your mod yourself? Do you have pics?
It is so nice to meet you!!!
Hugs!
Cheli (pronounced "Shelly")

BobTheKlown

ECF Veteran
Sep 11, 2010
Red Oak, Tx
That's cool, I ended up working pretty late tonight so, I probably couldn't have made it, but we do need to try to get everyone together soon! I've never been a huge sports fan, but it's cool we're going to the Series!

That does sound like fun, more like the Girl Scout camping my mom does then 'real camping' but, sounds really cool...

I'm loving my DIY juices. I'm hoping to get some VG shipped this week, but idk if I can swing it yet... right now I've been working with a 48mg 50/50 pg/vg concentrate, but I just got some 100mg pg concentrate through a co-op, and all I have to mix it down with is a gallon of PG. Since I'm vaping 40-42mg and seem to prefer about 30-40% VG, the hunt begins! I'm also hunting for a local source of flavorings, alot of DIYer's say they get it at Wal-mart, but out of 7 I've checked, none carry the right stuff....

I have also tried all kinds of flavors, I liked the tobacco flavors for awhile, then fruit flavors for awhile, cheesecake and blueberry mixed was an all day vape for awhile, my tastes kinda changed with time. Right now my DIY waffle is my all the time vape, but I keep RY4 mixed also... I cant seem to get my cheesecake and graham cracker mix right (I haven't tried real hard though)... mmm... maple cream and butter rum, that sounds good!

Yes, all the wood mods are beautiful... One of the inspirations for building my own mods was looking at them and seeing that, in alot of cases, for $5-10 worth of parts people get $50-100! The wood mods are on another level because of the woodwork involved, and a lot of them use specialty woods that are not cheap....

I've actually made a couple of mods, my first 2 were usb PTs, one with an inline batt and a flashlight on the end, and one simple straight 5V PT, then I made a flashlight (tube) mod that ran (albeit not very well) on 3aaa batts, and I'm redoing it to fit an 18650 (big honkin' li-ion batt), my current carry around mod (of which I will be building a clone for use as a back-up) is a 4aa NiMH box mod that vapes awesome clouds for up to 4 days without a charge, and I'm about to build a box for a new aa batt chemistry (NiZn) that will let me go as small as single 2aa box (though I'll probably use 2 2aa boxes just to make it easier to make and easier for me to hold (big hands)...

It is also a pleasure to "meet" you!

-=Bob=- (pronounced "B-ob" :p)

BobTheKlown

ECF Veteran
Sep 11, 2010
Red Oak, Tx
Thanks for joining us MarBro!
Where at in ETx? I spent several years in Quitman (Lake Fork) and a couple of years in Tyler.....
Unfortuanatly, the group isn't just starting, it's been around for over a year, I think we may have missed the 'hay-day' when there were lots of active members... I've heard good things about the eGo and it's rebrands/offtakes, I switched from the 510 to building my own mods.... What flavors do you like? Can I guess MarBro? That was my brand for many years as well, never did find a liquid similar enough for me, at this point I like sweeter flavors anyway....

MarBro

Sep 23, 2010
East Texas
Close, I'm in Yantis, North of Quitman.
Maybe we can revive the group. I gave up on the tobacco flavors because I never did find one that didn't taste "Chemicaly" if that's a word.
I mostly vape a less sweet pineapple flavor and occasionally, apple pie.
Are there any good storefront suppliers close to downtown Dallas. I would like to find a place I can run by when I'm in need without having to wait 3 - 5 days for the postman.

BobTheKlown

ECF Veteran
Sep 11, 2010
Red Oak, Tx
Close, I'm in Yantis, North of Quitman.
That's awesome, I love it out there, gotta get back for a visit before it's too cold...
Maybe we can revive the group.
I'm hoping so!! I guess I'll try to keep posting new threads and hope for more responses! It's kinda sad to see groups for much smaller areas (both geographically and population size) that are soo much more active...
I gave up on the tobacco flavors because I never did find one that didn't taste "Chemicaly" if that's a word.
I mostly vape a less sweet pineapple flavor and occasionally, apple pie.
That sounds good, I'm vaping mostly DIY waffle, and DIY RY4 is my goto tobacco flavor, sweeter then real cigs, but alot better then most 'tobacco' flavors that, I agree, often taste of chemicals or medicine (especially the Dekang flavors)...
Are there any good storefront suppliers close to downtown Dallas. I would like to find a place I can run by when I'm in need without having to wait 3 - 5 days for the postman.

I don't know of any downtown, there's a thread on local suppliers here: Oh crap I need... (North Texas Retailers) . Personally, I go through James from DFWVapor.com in Lewisville for local supplies, he would probably meet you downtown...

If you hit a real emergency and can't find some juice, PM me, I don't have much to spare, but if some DIY juice or a carto will save you till payday or till an order comes in, I'm more then happy to help where I can! I hate the idea of somebody being forced back to smoking b/c they can't find/afford supplies (like I was for a couple of weeks when all my 510 batts, 5 of them, died in one day)!

newbutt

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Howdy, I'm in Bedford. Would like to see a little more activity here myself. Currently using an Ego w/510 carto's & a 306. Get 99% of my parts from RMV & 100% of my juice from the Vapor Station, also out of Lewisville. I vape his coffee flavors,Cafe Sumatra, Tiramisu, & Cafe Espresso. I've tried his other selections & all are good, but the coffee is what works for me.All his juice comes from India & has a great flavor,no chemical taste.

I've also used DIY Flavorshack & love Dawn's mixes, but Vapor Station is half the price & has super fast shipping. I have a ton of cappuccino from other vendors that just don't float my boat. But if you run out & are in a pinch,I'll hook you up.

Cheers,
NB

Jaguar G

ECF Veteran
Sep 19, 2010
Just west of Cool, Texas
Howdy,

I am from Mineral Wells, and would like to hear about more activity in N. Texas. I went to 8.0 Bar & Cafe on Sundance Square last Friday night, smoking my KR808 and had several people ask if I was smoking a flashlight. One guy said he tried it way back but gave up, I advised him to give it another shot, they have come a long way in a short amount of time.

I've only been vaping for about a month, trying different flavors mostly from V4L, and have been somewhat successful in putting a dent in my 27 year 1-2 pack a day habit. Yesterday I received my very own Phidias Woodimus Feedimus from a mod maker vendor on this forum and haven't had a cig all day. Going to give the ultimate test tomorrow, work...

Right now my favorite flavors are Vanilla, 555, and Apple-Cranberry-Cinnamon. I have some espresso, raspberry, and caramel I haven't much success with in the 808 cartos, but I haven't tried in the Phidias yet, hoping for the best.

Anyway, y'all take care, happy Vapor Trails.

JAG

bubbajoe72

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 18, 2010
Big D, Texas
Howdy everyone,

I'm here in Dallas and been a vaper for a little over a month. Since then, I've gone from a Blu to a Revolver Elite and am now on an Inferno. Still trying to figure out my favorite juice but I'm also dabbling in a little DIY stuff.

I think it would be great if we could have a DFW meetup sometime but I have no organizational skills :(.

Talk to ya'll later!

BobTheKlown

ECF Veteran
Sep 11, 2010
Red Oak, Tx
Good to see a little more activity around here! I hope ya'll keep hanging around...

bubbajoe, I *think* the group leader, Angel_Bunny, is going to arrange a meet soon, I know she's been recovering from a broken *shattered* leg....

I'm anxious to meet everybody too, but like you, no organizational skill here, and I would rather see everyone healthy then see everyone now. So, I'm sure once Angel's 'back on her feet', she'll get something rolling...

I hope she knows she can ask for help with whatever, anytime!!
:smokie:

DocWyatt

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 6, 2010
OK
I think the reason these social forums have few posts - or many do - is their is no easy way to see people posting on it unless you come back and look.

If the forum had a section of "My Forums" or something auto listed near the top - and you could see the latest post on it (like other main forum sections)...people would be on them all the time.

Just they way it seems to me...

BobTheKlown

ECF Veteran
Sep 11, 2010
Red Oak, Tx
I agree, and that's why I tried to make a title to grab attention.... So hopefully anyone who did check in would see it.... Need to keep throwing up new posts/threads, so maybe people will notice it in 'new posts' and become more active here, you can subscribe to a forum, I did for this one, so that you get an email of new posts everyday....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread