Apex Alpha Ultramax

Status
Not open for further replies.

jkoppk

ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2011
hanover,PA.
I have wanted to try one of these with the RES system for some time now but my wife wasn't having it since it's about $200 with a battery and shipping.I saw one on the forums for $100 shipped with a AW 17670 and the wife approved so I got it.After using it for almost 2 weeks I gotta say I really like the device and the way it performs.The mod is fairly small,lightweight and looks very hi-tech.The RES system took a bit of time to get used to,but once you get the hang of it your vaping experience will be great.It wicks the juice to the atty very well and adds no taste to the juice at all.I started at 3.7 volts with IKV 510 LR 1.5 attys and the RES was able to keep up all the time with no dry hits and good flavor and vapor.Then I vaped with 2-3.2 volt AW's at 6.4 volts with a IKV 3.5 ohm i06 and 4.5 ohm 510 and got great flavor and vapor and the RES kept up unless I chain vaped it.Then I would just give a quick pull or two without power and start vaping again.Last I tried 2-3.7 volt AW IMR's which gave me 8 volts under load with a Joye 510 5 ohm atty.Wow,almost too much for me,huge vapor and still nice flavor but too warm.The RES couldn't keep up with juice demands at 13 watts of power but then I didn't expect it to.I'm really glad I bought this and I would recommend it to anyone wanting a nice mechanical tube mod.

BIL

Mar 26, 2011
BKLYN
Glad you found the Ultramax, the RES system is pretty different from anything else out there. I have had mine for 6 months or so and while you have to clean the nickel finish almost daily, I have cleaned the RES maybe 3x and have switched atomizers only 5x. I just keep refilling it and it keeps working good with clean flavor for long periods of time. I have stopped using egos and other mods and have settled my vaping arsenal down to 3 PVs: an Apex ultramax with RES, a provari with a carto, and a GGSSTS with UFS. All 3 are great in their own way. I have never quite gotten great results other than at 3.7 volts on this thing and sometimes the draw seems slightly airy, polishing is a pain, but the main reasons I keep it in rotation is flavor. Cartos don't deliver it. Direct dripping in my opinion is the best, direct dripping is a pain, the RES delivers direct dripping flavor with little hassle. Plus it looks like a mini lightsaber.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread