APOLLO Battery equivalent??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wegot2

Oct 13, 2011
Melbourne, Australia
Can anyone tell me if the batteries on the 510 are the same size thread as the Apollo?
I've been buying from Apollo but sick of them mucking up my orders so I'm opting for another type of analogue looking ecigs with blank carts to drip into....Hoping to still be able to use my Apollo batteries/chargers
Any help would be appreciated :)

imsoenthused

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 19, 2011
Tulsa, OK
Looking on the website, battery is female. Looks like a 510 to me. Problem is, some manufacturers of kits like these purposefully reverse the polarity when they wire them up. That means the only thing you can't be sure will work is the chargers. For example, the apollo batteries may explode if you put them on a standard 510 charger, and standard 510 batteries may explode when screwed into an apollo charger. No way to be sure with out testing. Probably not what you wanted to hear, but you may be better off going with a new starter kit from a reliable company unless you already have the tools to test it onhand. The sad fact is you probably can't trust any supplier that doesn't clearly state the mah and thread type of their batteries.

Wegot2

Oct 13, 2011
Melbourne, Australia
Unfortunately I don't have the tools to test :( & I have just received 30 boxes of carts from Apollo so I guess I'll just use them up with the batteries I have....Was quite keen to start on a 510 and may even order a couple. I have been topping up my used carts with juice...gets me an extra 3 or 4 uses from each cart & I have HEAPS here...Makes sense to use up what I have on hand I spose. I did try a EgoT but didn't like it...I found it very messy & mine leaked :( I prob did the wrong thing but I do prefer an analogue "look-a-like" for out in public purely for the size & easy usage :)
Thanks for your help :D

imsoenthused

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 19, 2011
Tulsa, OK
The carts will work just fine on a 510, and 510 components should work fine on the apollo batteries. Again, it's just the chargers you can't be sure about. Easiest way to be sure it's 510 is if you can see if your stuff will screw on to the end of that ego and work, assuming you still have/can get access to it again.

Last edited:

imsoenthused

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 19, 2011
Tulsa, OK
Not many people like the ego tank systems, the love you see for ego batteries and their clones is for the battery itself, usually with an atty to drip into or cartomizers. And if small form factor is the most important thing to you you don't have to apologize for that. They have definite limitations and you are either willing to live with them or not. Most of us who have been around a while started with something similar and don't like them, but that doesn't mean you have to listen when we tell you to skip them. In the end it's whatever works for you. There is a fairly funny youtube video about the stages of vaping though...

Wegot2

Oct 13, 2011
Melbourne, Australia
I will have a hunt for my Ego but I won't hold my breath...I think my kids have lost it :/ Is the 510 the same size as the Ego (thread) ??
OK well I found the charger for the Ego and the Apollo battery doesn't fit on so if the 510 is the same thread as the Ego then I'm assuming the Apollo carts won't fit the 510 battery :(
I'll have to do a search on that Youtube video...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread