Status
Not open for further replies.

MattyTny

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 8, 2013
New York
screw it. went ahead and got one lel

I think you will enjoy the SE. I wouldn't say it's better than the V2, but different. The positive post will spin, but you can tighten it down. I treat it the same way I do the V2, such as holding the positive post still with pliers as I tighten the screw to not over tighten the post. Top fill is a nice feature too.

h00ligan

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 2, 2015
London, UK
So I'm seeing this as low as $65 in the USA. But I want to make sure he sites selling are authentic not repackaging good clones. I appreciate he dropped the pricing so much to combat cloning.

So for a mouth to lung guy it doesn't seem like there are any real benefits to this over the v2. I can't believe he didn't release a plug for blocking half the deck in single coil mode like the goblin mini etc. using these for temp control is a pain in the .... with kicking it off using only a screw. I'm guessing part of the reduced cost is the fact there was very very little r/d / prototyping done as well as 304 steel (food grade is fine with me but I don't like cheap clone "pig steel" as it tastes bad)

Anyone switch from a v2 to the se? Anyone compare this to other similarly priced items like the expromizer? Anyone using this for mouth to lung ?

Finally it's a bit concerning to me that everyone who has then seems to be greatly reducing price and or they are out of stock. Is there an issue with them? Or now that it's been cloned well did foot on just say screw t? Buying in the right means $45 plus shipping (about the same as $65 in the USA

Why are they on sale so fast after release and not being stocked much ?

The fx looks terrible to me. I have no desire to spend that amount of time building s cool. Also he looks to have taken mark bugs design ideas for the deck. Which is fine. But then seriously over cimplicated it

Last edited:

MattyTny

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 8, 2013
New York
So I'm seeing this as low as $65 in the USA. But I want to make sure he sites selling are authentic not repackaging good clones. I appreciate he dropped the pricing so much to combat cloning.

So for a mouth to lung guy it doesn't seem like there are any real benefits to this over the v2. I can't believe he didn't release a plug for blocking half the deck in single coil mode like the goblin mini etc. using these for temp control is a pain in the .... with kicking it off using only a screw. I'm guessing part of the reduced cost is the fact there was very very little r/d / prototyping done as well as 304 steel (food grade is fine with me but I don't like cheap clone "pig steel" as it tastes bad)

Anyone switch from a v2 to the se? Anyone compare this to other similarly priced items like the expromizer? Anyone using this for mouth to lung ?

Finally it's a bit concerning to me that everyone who has then seems to be greatly reducing price and or they are out of stock. Is there an issue with them? Or now that it's been cloned well did foot on just say screw t? Buying in the right means $45 plus shipping (about the same as $65 in the USA

Why are they on sale so fast after release and not being stocked much ?

The fx looks terrible to me. I have no desire to spend that amount of time building s cool. Also he looks to have taken mark bugs design ideas for the deck. Which is fine. But then seriously over cimplicated it

If you're seeing them sold as an authentic it's probably the real deal. It was not priced too high originally, about $80 in the States I believe.

You can block one hole with the screw and just put wicks in the blank spot just like the V2 if you want to use single, would have been nice to have an included plug though.

I use both the V2 and SE and switch back and forth. The V2 has a 0.7 dual and the SE has a 0.5 dual, but I don't really favor one over the other. The SE can get closed down pretty tight, but I like the V2 for a tight draw and the SE for a open draw. Over the course of a day I probably end up using the V2 more often because of the larger capacity and the tighter draw/lower wattage is more relaxed for a few pulls here and there, depends on what you have in them I guess. You can get a pretty identical draw to the V2 if you close the SE enough. I love using both tanks though.

MattyTny

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 8, 2013
New York
Can anyone snap a pick of your setup in single coil mode? I did not receive the deck screws when I purchased mine and just curious how the screws work in the wicking channels.

One of the extra post screws go into the deck airflow, it is threaded. The liquid channels can just be filled with wick to block liquid from seeping up on to the deck.

El Lobo Solitario

Sep 30, 2015
Thank you all for sharing your thoughts and experiences on both V2 and SE. I have a question if owners of both versions can answer I'll be glad. Which one do you recommend as a final decision? I read and learned all the pros and cons (mostly due to the nature of their structure resembles) but I just need an opinion or a reason to convince myself because I do not like to throw $100 buy stuff and let them collect dust in the drawer.

Again thank you all those contributing to this topic. Have a great day/night ahead all.

Cheers.

MattyTny

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 8, 2013
New York
Thank you all for sharing your thoughts and experiences on both V2 and SE. I have a question if owners of both versions can answer I'll be glad. Which one do you recommend as a final decision? I read and learned all the pros and cons (mostly due to the nature of their structure resembles) but I just need an opinion or a reason to convince myself because I do not like to throw $100 buy stuff and let them collect dust in the drawer.

Again thank you all those contributing to this topic. Have a great day/night ahead all.

Cheers.

I think both are good choices. It's kind of cool that you can interchange some parts as TheBloke pointed out earlier in the thread. If you're looking for a tighter draw go with the V2. The SE can get a tight draw, but can open up a lot compared to the V2. Filling both is easy, the SE top fill is nice, but the V2 tank can be filled very quick compared to other RTAs. It's a close call for me, sometimes I use the V2 more and sometimes I use the SE more during the day. If I had to get rid of one of them after using both I would keep the SE.

The clone version of the SE is out and looks nice and I'm thinking of getting it. V2 clones are still around too, I also have second V2 since I love it. If you can I would get both. I'm a fan of the Aqua V2 and SE, like too much of a fan since it's all I've been using recently. Too much reading on Roxy's V2 clone thread got me addicted to Footoon.

El Lobo Solitario

Sep 30, 2015
Dear MattyTny,

Thank yo so much for your detailed reply and helping me made up my mind because initially I want to buy an authentic one to support the gentleman who creates these wonderful atomisers, and I honestly did not want to make a mistake throw it away at the end of the day.

I had my eye on SE and after your reply definitely will get the SE :).

Again thank you so much, very kind of you to reply with that much detail and make it clear for me. Have a great weekend.

Cheers

Reactions: MattyTny

MattyTny

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 8, 2013
New York
Great glad I could help! I suppose others will chime in soon.

Honestly it's all personal opinion, but there is no doubt they are both good atomizers. You will enjoy the SE if you like open airflow and the top fill makes up for the lower capacity compared to the V2. Hope you enjoy the SE!

h00ligan

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 2, 2015
London, UK
A member here who picked up a couple of v2 and didn't end up using them just sold me two authentic v2 so I'm going to stick with those. Couldn't pass them up at this price.

I'm a mouth to lung guy as I mentioned earlier. So the v2 is a good choice for me. I need to find a nice small 20x1 hybrid. I'd love to find a lpg clone with that threading pattern.

Anyone know of a small 20x1 (that's the threading of the v2 right?) that supports a 350 battery or is very small
For a 18650 and has a good button setup that doesn't pocket fire?

MattyTny

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 8, 2013
New York
A member here who picked up a couple of v2 and didn't end up using them just sold me two authentic v2 so I'm going to stick with those. Couldn't pass them up at this price.

I'm a mouth to lung guy as I mentioned earlier. So the v2 is a good choice for me. I need to find a nice small 20x1 hybrid. I'd love to find a lpg clone with that threading pattern.

Anyone know of a small 20x1 (that's the threading of the v2 right?) that supports a 350 battery or is very small

I've also been looking for a 20x1 threaded mechanical tube. Check out this Fasttech thread with some compiled results:
https://www.fasttech.com/forums/vapers/t/1213200/mod-and-atomizer-list-by-threading/1

As for a 18350, there are some telescopic mechanicals in there like the Gus Lord. There are also 18350 tubes like the Tree of life or Caravela. If you do some web searches you may find more too, but that's the biggest list I could find that was all together.

h418982

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 28, 2014
Des Moines IA

. I have an ihybrid copper Trinity I am not using I could let go for cheap. It is 20x1 threaded. I actually got it just for my se lol.

h00ligan

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 2, 2015
London, UK
. I have an ihybrid copper Trinity I am not using I could let go for cheap. It is 20x1 threaded. I actually got it just for my se lol.
Pic and price? Authentic or clone? Ilising a mech mod is very secondary for me so honestly I'm probably not willing to pay for an authentic. I typically use temp control setups but it would be nice to have a small mod to go out with occasionally as a fashion accessory typically

h00ligan

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 2, 2015
London, UK
I've also been looking for a 20x1 threaded mechanical tube. Check out this Fasttech thread with some compiled results:
https://www.fasttech.com/forums/vapers/t/1213200/mod-and-atomizer-list-by-threading/1

As for a 18350, there are some telescopic mechanicals in there like the Gus Lord. There are also 18350 tubes like the Tree of life or Caravela. If you do some web searches you may find more too, but that's the biggest list I could find that was all together.
Hey FYI the LPG is 20x1 and its outstanding. The clone is spot on and the mod can be tiny or full sized. The recessed area is fantastic as is the button. No pocket firing but easy to fire. It's probably the best mod clone on fast tech.

MattyTny

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 8, 2013
New York
Hey FYI the LPG is 20x1 and its outstanding. The clone is spot on and the mod can be tiny or full sized. The recessed area is fantastic as is the button. No pocket firing but easy to fire. It's probably the best mod clone on fast tech.

Thanks for the recommendation. I was looking at the 18650 clone variant on FT after you posted. I see it has some grooves for airflow due to the extended body design, how does it function with a tank like the Aqua v2 if you have one and have used it in hybrid?

Can anyone please recommend me a single coil atty with the same intense flavor as the aqua se just with a tighter draw or maybe get another one? i mean the flavor is off the charts on any of the eliquids i tried at by least two steps up from my kayfuns and subtank mini.

There are some good recommendations in this thread for mouth to lung inhales.
https://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/threads/the-overlooked-tootle-puffer-gear-thread.703116/

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread