Status
Not open for further replies.

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US
I have a Totally Wicked 510. Are all the 510 accessories compatible? Can I get a PCC or atomizer or battery from another vendor that will work with mine? I assume I can but I'd like to get a confirmation before purchasing.

Thanks!

I have a few different parts from a lot of places and they are all compatible -except one**PCC I haven't tested anything but just by use, I tend to think the Janty batteries keep a charge longer. I don't know if it's the fact that they have no LED or if it's something else or if it's just my whacked perception :) I haven't had any attys fail but I do regular maintenance....

The PCC I got from Janty** - first 510 didn't have the slot for the manual, so make sure it's 'manual compatible'. I tend to think they all might be now but check. And frankly, if you're going to get one and also want some back up parts - a few of innovapor's kits - one with one ecig and another with 2, include either a PCC or pelican case in the package which you designate on checkout. Also grab the coupon codes in the 'suppliers' forum here.

igetcha

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 9, 2008
UK
www.E-Cig-Reviews.com
I have a few different parts from a lot of places and they are all compatible -except one**PCC I haven't tested anything but just by use, I tend to think the Janty batteries keep a charge longer. I don't know if it's the fact that they have no LED or if it's something else or if it's just my whacked perception :) I haven't had any attys fail but I do regular maintenance....

The PCC I got from Janty** - first 510 didn't have the slot for the manual, so make sure it's 'manual compatible'. I tend to think they all might be now but check. And frankly, if you're going to get one and also want some back up parts - a few of innovapor's kits - one with one ecig and another with 2, include either a PCC or pelican case in the package which you designate on checkout. Also grab the coupon codes in the 'suppliers' forum here.

if you do have a old style PCC without the slot then its easily fixed:-

YouTube - PCC MOD FOR TITAN E-CIG MANUAL BATTERIES

tromboneking

ECF Veteran
Jun 2, 2009
New Jersey USA
Thanks guys! BTW, Scott, I think you're reviews are great! Keep up the good work!

Your review (as well as ritalee's) on the 510 were what cinched it for me when the time came to replace my BES 401's that gave me a headache (not literally) despite the easy pull. Still getting used to the manual battery. Am looking at getting some additional auto batteries tho, as spares.

iduditz

Jul 6, 2009
igetcha .. love your videos man. I'm pretty new to the vaping... 10 days off analogs now using my joye 510 from e-smokeytreats. Anyways.. i find that i only get throat hits when barely creating any suction at all holding the manual switch down and it can take a good 6 to 7 seconds. Is this normal? I've experienced this with both atomizers and using various juices (18 - 36 mg juice).

igetcha

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 9, 2008
UK
www.E-Cig-Reviews.com
igetcha .. love your videos man. I'm pretty new to the vaping... 10 days off analogs now using my joye 510 from e-smokeytreats. Anyways.. i find that i only get throat hits when barely creating any suction at all holding the manual switch down and it can take a good 6 to 7 seconds. Is this normal? I've experienced this with both atomizers and using various juices (18 - 36 mg juice).

hi mate,

glad you like the vids!

when i inhale i use a medium to heavy inhale pressure and drag for around 5 seconds............great vapour and throat hit every time!

i was going to suggest that it might be because your nicotine strength is not high enough but i can see that you have even tried 36mg nic without success.
so im a bit puzzled as to why you are not getting a throat hit! what flavours are you vaping? i know that some fruity flavours tend to have weak throat hits when compared to tobacco flavours.

are you sticking to one atomiser or switching often? its best to stick to one atomiser so that it breaks in quicker, but 10 days should be easily long enough for both to be broken in!!

cheers,

scott

Boredoftheworld

ECF Veteran
Jun 22, 2009
Charleston, SC
They may all be compatible, but they sure aren't equal. I have four 510 atomizers, two are just over two weeks old and the other two atomizers are not yet one week old.

The oldest two are "wide-band" atomizers. One has never produced more than a few wisps of vapor and appears to have some sort of metal band around the little wick fibers.

The second of those atomizers worked well for a few days then began producing a very unpleasant burning taste which I tracked to the fibers that are packed under/between the bridge. I removed a couple of the fibers which did appear burned and the burnt taste went away for a brief time. It reappeared of course and I pulled a couple more fibers out and it looks like they ALL came out.

That atomizer then vaped like crazy for a couple more days. NOW it's producing very little vapor AND the burnt taste is back! Beyond that the whole experience with that atomizer is very inconsistent.

The newer two atomizers are thin band and the one my wife has been using has been excellent and I'm not going to touch it, as long as she's happy it must be doing what it's supposed to do.

The newer atomizer I've been using was doing an amazing job until yesterday when I got the burnt taste for the first time. Instead of finding the nylon looking fibers packed into the bridge there's what looks like actual wick. Poking around at it after the burning taste appeared seems to have dorked it up though because it's leaking juice, giving off inconsistent vapor AND tastes burnt. And it's running so hot that I get one drag from it and have to unscrew it and put it down.

At this moment I'd just about kill for an analog... and the last time I had one of those it practically made me sick, but at least it does what you expect it to do with minimal fiddling.

AGNES PEACOCK

ECF Veteran
Mar 13, 2009
The Mother Lode, California
I have a Totally Wicked 510. Are all the 510 accessories compatible? Can I get a PCC or atomizer or battery from another vendor that will work with mine? I assume I can but I'd like to get a confirmation before purchasing.

Thanks!

Hi tbk:

There's this post going on the board too (started 6-26) if you wanted to read it also. http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...ference-between-510s-various-suppliers-2.html

Scott: Love your vids and advise too! Thank you.

botw: I love you, funny! =)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread