• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Are Liberty Flights selling fake Ego batteries?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mammoth

Jul 1, 2010
England
I thought it time to replace some aging Ego-T batteries so I bought a replacement from here but I'm not sure it's genuine.

My original Ego-T batteries have a metal finish, have Ego-T printed on the side, a blue LED in the button and a 5 click switch off.
The blue replacement I got from Liberty is plastic finished, no print, white LED and no 5 click switch off... is this normal?

I notice Liberty Flights are not listed in the 'Business Partners' section of the joyetech website...
http://www.joyetech.com/about/business.php

Have I been sold a fake?

ctourtelot

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 3, 2009
Richmond, VA
I have genuine joyetech, Riva and joye knock off batteries and they all pretty much work the same. Most vendors will note if they are selling "genuine joyetech" batteries. If it just says ego batteries they could be an off brand, but I've never worn designer clothes either so I guess as long as they work, it doesn't bother me either way.

Abe

Unregistered Supplier
Jun 1, 2009
UK / US
www.liberty-flights.co.uk
UK shop? No one in the UK can sell Joye products apart from 1 (well, 2 companies). The batteries are clearly listed as not joye. We don't sell them as Joye, we can't sell Joye, that's the end of it really. It's a Joye business model, not much the rest of us vendors can do.

In the US we are allowed to sell Joye products, you will see the products sold as Joye.

ctourtelot

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 3, 2009
Richmond, VA
Strange attitude!?

Would you also be OK ordering Duracell batteries off the net and receiving something that looked a bit like Duracell but obviously wasn't?

"As long as they work"?

If they said "Duracell AA Batteries" and weren't Duracell...I would have a problem. If they said "AA Batteries" and were AA, no problem.

If the description says "Joyetech Ego Batteries" and they weren't Joyetech... I would have a problem. If they said "Ego Batteries and were Ego batteries, no problem.

As long as they aren't advertising them as branded, genuine egos...they aren't doing anything wrong. Ego is the model..not the brand name. There are dozens of 510 batteries out there that aren't Joyetech too, but are rebranded.

orson

ECF Veteran
Feb 8, 2012
United States of America
UK shop? No one in the UK can sell Joye products apart from 1 (well, 2 companies). The batteries are clearly listed as not joye. We don't sell them as Joye, we can't sell Joye, that's the end of it really. It's a Joye business model, not much the rest of us vendors can do.

In the US we are allowed to sell Joye products, you will see the products sold as Joye.

Hi Abe,

I recently purchased an joyetech ego-c from you.

Why is the brand logos on the cone on opposite sides of the cone unlike any of the other pictures of genuine Joyetech ego-C models I've seen?

Also, why do the tank cartridges already have a hole in the bottom when everything I've read indicates you have to press the tank onto the atomizer and rotate it to cut a hole in the tank?

Traver

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 28, 2010
WV
If they said "Duracell AA Batteries" and weren't Duracell...I would have a problem. If they said "AA Batteries" and were AA, no problem.

I think in this case a better anology would be:
If you ordered quality AW batteries and received an unknown brand of dubious quality and safety.

Joye is known for it's quality and the use of quality parts in the battery.

I think in this case a better anology would be:
If you ordered quality AW batteries and received an unknown brand of dubious quality and safety.

Joye is known for it's quality and the use of quality parts in the battery.

you're correct Traver but in this instance you would know ahead of time that you are not ordering a Joye product, it's stated in the description, I my self have a pass-trough Rive from Liberty Flights and and it performs every bit as good as the eGo, someoneelse may chime in with better information but It's my understanding that the battery "inside" the battery so to speak is to the same spec, if not identical (may well be a Joye as it happens)

Traver

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 28, 2010
WV
you're correct Traver but in this instance you would know ahead of time that you are not ordering a Joye product, it's stated in the description, I my self have a pass-trough Rive from Liberty Flights and and it performs every bit as good as the eGo, someoneelse may chime in with better information but It's my understanding that the battery "inside" the battery so to speak is to the same spec, if not identical (may well be a Joye as it happens)

Right, I should have made it clear that I wasn't referring to Liberty Flights. It's one of the places I send people.

That doesn't mean that all of the other egos are made the same way.

McAldo

ECF Veteran
Feb 16, 2012
London
The question might be "do they perform as well as Joey's ones"?
I never bought batteries from Liberty Flights, but today I received an SD keyring from them, unfortunately DOA.
It charged ok but then it wouldn't give any vapour and attempted at cooking the charger when I tried reconnecting to it.
Smelled funny too, good it didn;t damage my usb.
It was a matter of an email and a phone call for them to ship me a no quibble replacement. They even called me for confirming this.

Finger crossed, tomorrow I should have a working Keyring in my hands :)

So, if I had to get a battery I would be inclined getting it from them. They seem caring and responsive in case of problems, which is the main thing when buying online.

Abe

Unregistered Supplier
Jun 1, 2009
UK / US
www.liberty-flights.co.uk
The SD key rings have been decent in terms of number of failures, still, its an auto battery and they all go the same way eventually.

Orson, I am not sure why you are seeing a difference. We got the eGo C in very early on so it might just be that. We buy either through Joye or in the case of the eGo C due to them not being available to most oem vendors till March so they come through one of the two Joye resellers that we use.

Charlz

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 14, 2011
upstate NY
"knockoff" is something that Joye and "another manufacturer" seem to want to brand in our heads. I have non Joye brand ego type that are great quality batteries. And I also have a not so great battery I bought impulsively. You just need to buy from a supplier you trust and who will answer your questions if you want to know who the manufacturer is. If you prefer Joye, just look. If it is Joye, it will always be listed. If it just says ego, it's not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread