Are Silver plated contacts better than solid Copper? Info I need for next purchase.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
if you are REALLY concerned about conductivity...
Silver contacts ( go for the solid silver, the plating wears off)
Oxygen Free Copper for the tube and have that silver plated...

Or, just use it until it gets flaky and toss it. That's our society today ... all about cheap throwaway devices.

Another alternative would be to use inert gas filled sealed switches or just add a touch of dielectric grease to the contacts. No arc.

That said, my Provari and my sigelei Zmax both exhibit the symptoms of contact bounce. I'm vaping and look down to see that the menu activated. It's just a result of cost effective manufacturing vs quality (but expensive) engineering.

Last edited:

sahsah

ECF Veteran
Oct 18, 2013
los angeles, california, USA
Yeah, gold is better than silver for conductivity. I think platinum is the best natural material, but I'm not entirely sure.

What are you talking about? Silver is number 1, then copper, and then gold. Platinum isn't even top three. You should really do more research before spouting off misconceptions as facts

sahsah

ECF Veteran
Oct 18, 2013
los angeles, california, USA
if you are REALLY concerned about conductivity...
Silver contacts ( go for the solid silver, the plating wears off)
Oxygen Free Copper for the tube and have that silver plated...
im still unable to find solid silver contacts for anything like a stingray, a xxix, a nemesis, hell even a turtleship v2. People always come up with the bull.... answer that silver is too soft but that's bull.... you can add like a percent of something sturdy to balance it out and it'd still be great. I don't even know if that would be necessary since I suspect solid silver on it's own may be resilient enough for our applications...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread