Are smoktech and boge the same diameter?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nodnerb

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 8, 2011
Winnipeg
I am wondering if the SmokTech Dual Coil 510/eGo (1.5ohm) xl cartomizers, will be the same diameter as the standard boge 2.0 I've been using. I am having bad luck with the boges in my vpx tank and want to try them. I realize they will be longer but that should be no matter, right? Is 1.5 ohm too low for my ego t batteries?
I've heard one hole rather than two in the smoktechs works best, correct?

Thanks.

Killjoy1

Ω Destroyer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 15, 2011
New Hampshire, US
It's not a problem if your carto is longer than your tank, just as long as the holes/slots are in the right place ;-)

Yes, the Smoktech dual coils are the same diameter as the Boge cartos

I only do one hole in the dual coils, more than that and I get problems with flooding. YMMV, of course

And no the 1.5 ohm isn't too low for your eGo batteries, they are actually two 3 ohm coils wired in parallel for a total resistance of 1.5 ohms. For an eGo batt, I definitely wouldn't go above 1.5 ohm on those cartos, the regulated 3.3 or so volts of those batts really isn't enough power for the higher ohm dual coils. The performance obviously won't be spectacular, but they will work just fine (when I first used them I was still using those batteries).

All of this is from my own experiences with the above hardware, so may not be perfectly in-line with the advice of all others, but I hope the information is useful to you just the same :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread