Are you smoking more than you used to?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shantia

ECF Veteran
Mar 9, 2011
Fredericksburg, VA
When my husband and I were inside smokers we each smoked about a pack a day, most often lighting up and getting distracted letting it burn out...then lighting up another. When i put a ban on inside smoking, I eventually dropped down to around 5 smokes a day, he dropped to around 10-12 a day. When we bought our ecigs, he seemed to reduce his intake even further which i thought would increase due to being allowed to vape in the house. I increased my intake by quite a bit cause the flavors are AMAZING! The strengths we originally purchased (ranging from 12mg-24mg) are to strong for the amount of vaping i enjoy doing, i get ringing ears a lot now. Planning on dropping to around 4-8mg to compensate my flavor craziness hehe.

The amount each of us vape seem very subjective. Like my husband.. taking the edge off is all he needs, no pressure to not waste a whole analog.

Last edited:

desertlover

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 4, 2011
Southern California
I noticed that I seem to be vaping constantly. The numbers DaveP put up regarding e-cig puffs to analog puffs are very helpful. I just got my kit on March 5th and haven't had a cigarette since. But, am concerned about the constant need to vape. I haven't found a way to travel yet and am concerned that when I'm around relatives that I'll want to vape constantly. Not going back to smoking, tho. I do not miss the coughing at all. I'm so glad to see the other posts here where others feel the same.
I am curious how much e-juice equals a pack of cigarettes and how much people smoke each day.

tsbrewers

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 15, 2010
MN
www.facebook.com
There is no reason you have to like the juice. My wife vapes menthol/tobacco flavors that she doesn't really like. It isn't terrible but she doesn't look forward to the taste, if that makes sense. So it keeps her from doing it just because it is there, or that she loves the taste. She goes through about 1-2 ego tanks a day, I go through about 4-5 since I am vaping flavors I like.

Brew

SilentVapidity

ECF Veteran
Mar 14, 2011
Minnesota
Yep, me too! I love the tastes and flavors (I'm turning into a flavor junkie. My stash of juice is growing to the point of being embarrassing) as well as the convenience. I vape in my office, at home, etc. I wasn't an indoor smoker, and I live in Minnesota where the weather is a little rough on smokers in the wintertime, so not having to go outside to get a nic hit is *fabulous*. I think those are the two reasons for me vaping more than smoking: flavor and convenience.

BTW I started mixing flavors last night. Started with 12 drops of cola flavor + 3 drops of rum. It was so fun, and I don't even drink alcohol!

kwanYin

ECF Veteran
Mar 4, 2011
TN, USA
I am vaping more than I smoked. I am like the rest of you, I could only smoke in my garage, It was so pathetic in the mornings going out to the garage with my coffee and cigs I would only smoke 2 and would go back into the house freezing my bottom off. My husband would sometimes come out there and could not believe that I could stand to be out there for even a few minutes. In the morning now I am in front of my computer for two hours reading this forum or purchasing off of the many e-cig websites nice and warm. After work I just sit and vape away. I am a little concerned as I only smoked 17 cigs a day. But I really enjoy the taste and the freedom to relax and stay warm.

NCC

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2010
Fla Panhandle, USA
Absolutely not. I gave up smoking cigarettes more than a year ago (1/15/2010), YAY ME!

Looking beyond your faux pas ... I probably am pretty glued to my PV, although not as tightly as I was in the beginning. As others have noted, you can take a couple hits and quit for a while ... not obligated to SMOKE for the duration of a cigarette to avoid waste. I am quite sure I've reduced my nicotine addiction and that it would be much easier for me to quit vaping than it would've been to quit cigarettes cold turkey.

boughtrecords

Verified Member
Feb 4, 2011
Ottawa, KS
I know that the first day I had my first e cigarette I made myself sick and I was vaping 0 nicotine juice. It was just so cool to be able to smoke again and know it was not harmful. Then I got my e pipe and made myself sick again the first day I had it as well. So novelty is definitely part of it. Also keep in mind that I had not smoked anything for 5 years when I started vaping. I will say this, I notice that the people that I turned on to e cigarettes that were current smokers have all reported that instead of taking the several drags that an analog takes to smoke they were only taking a couple of puffs at a time and then setting it down for a little bit and then taking another couple of puffs. I would imagine if they added it up it would be comparable to the same number of puffs that they used to smoke on a regular cigarette in the same time frame. So if they took 12 drags off of a cigarette once an hour they may pick up their e cigarette 6 time in the hour and take a couple of puffs each time. Being an ex smoker when I started I have been in love with being able to smoke again but I expect my usage to decline over time as the novelty wears off.

VHATVAPR

Feb 22, 2011
AURORA, CO
YEP,..me too. I think my smoking was more about the "breathing" for relaxation, rather than inhaling into my lungs deeply with analog smoke. Vaping has become more of a privledge,..enjoy it more,..I think it's because, as I tell my friends, "whatever flavor you want to taste, you can"...and that, I think makes me vape more, for the sheer enjoyment of the flavor. I always smoked light cigarettes, so I usually vape 18 or 11mg, have really enjoyed some "samples" at 8 and even -0- nic. I think I am becoming a flavor junkie though,..now it's about what tastes good to me, I think maybe even more than the nicotine habit. I could probably quit easier if I chose to,..but I enjoy it,..so why quit?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread