Status
Not open for further replies.

bsidb

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 10, 2012
Leroy,NY
looking good, delivers a satisfying vape. Able to replace my daytime daily PV without being dissatisfied.
argus (2).jpg
argus (2).jpg An airflow that seemed too tight I have adjusted to and enjoy. There two airflow choices.
The Argus Air lasts me 12+ hours of light (doing stuff) use, having never run out of battery or juice rather put away in favor of a squonk device.
The Argus Air travels in my breast shirt pocket and has not fallen out ever.
It is the fastest, lack of delay from press to fire device I have.
Just in case, I can see the liquid level within the pod which holds @3.2ml.

Last edited:

bsidb

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 10, 2012
Leroy,NY
Will get mine tomorrow.
How do you compare the PNP coils when it comes to draw and MTL behaviour?

I curious to know how open or close the draw will be. i do run caliburn kokos right now.
thanks

PS: interesting Bat Coin there... out of many, one!

I only have the Kanger .5 clapton coil in a Bilit Box to compare too, I'm not a big coil user, the Argus is tighter using the .6 it came with , if the pod is rotated 180 it will decrease airflow or use the pod cartridge thats included for a really snug draw, just to clarify there is a pod cartridge, disposable built-in coil . There is also a pod with the removable coil, PnP coil

Last edited:

ArminF

ECF Veteran
Nov 28, 2018
Switzerland
Hey,
yes i did and i am quite satisfied.
Handling of the pod with this silicone filler is ok. Was used to top fill with the caliburns.
Flavour is not so good as with the caliburn i have to say but i get a better throat hit from it.
Coils i do use the 1 OHM R1 pnp and use the device as MTL device. The DL airflow is way to open for me.

What i do not like is the gene chip which sets the optimal wattage for the coil and here i just can adjust +3 Watt more than the chip blocks any further adjustment. But the vape is not so dense as it should be.
So example. The 1 Ohm is autoset to 12 Watt. 15 is the max which the chip allows. But the vapor is not as dense so actually you should vape it at 18 Watt. This scenario cannot be archived. I hope a firmware upgrade will fix this in the future and release you from the settings range.
Autodraw sensor works and the device ramps up pretty fast.

I have to check the other coil option like 1.2 Ohm C1 ceramic and the 0.8 R2 as well as the fix pod which got delivered.

Payed around 35 USD here in Switzerland but the device is cheap in Asia where you can get it for 22 USD.
Does not feel cheap at all. Warm nice feeling. Not to bulky nore to heavy.

i quite like it! Especially in the evening watching telly. I can stay where i am. With the caliburn i had to switch pods every now and then....

By the way. Got the same grey as yours. Looks stunning!

ArminF

ECF Veteran
Nov 28, 2018
Switzerland
Thanks Gallant.
But the chip maxes out after a short while. You are not able to adjust outside the recommendations of the coil.
The 1 Ohm is set from 12 to 15 Watt. More you cannot adjust. The chip shows you a maximum message on the screen. Not optimal as the coil would take up to 18 i think. You can see it on the dense of the vapor. With 12 to 15 its more grey than white. I do use 50/50 Liquid.
Voopoo should bring a firmware which releases you from this limit. This would be cool. Maybe a warning message when you reach the 15 Watt. Something like you vaping outside the recommendations. But still let you go to set more Wattage.
I mean everyone is different when it comes to flavour. Some like it cold some warm. And here this chip reduces you to recommendations made by the vendor. Really not optimal or freedom of vape.

ArminF

ECF Veteran
Nov 28, 2018
Switzerland
Yes with the Drag S you can access the "blue mode" which is RBA.
But the argus pod won't allow this settings.
I will check the firmware later but the device is so new i don't think there is an update yet.
I might switch over to the RBA unit from Mechlyfe as this is a Kaifun Style Deck RBA with MTL for the Drag/Vinci/Argus series.

bsidb

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 10, 2012
Leroy,NY
Yes with the Drag S you can access the "blue mode" which is RBA.
But the argus pod won't allow this settings.
I will check the firmware later but the device is so new i don't think there is an update yet.
I might switch over to the RBA unit from Mechlyfe as this is a Kaifun Style Deck RBA with MTL for the Drag/Vinci/Argus series.

Please tell me more about an RBA for the Argus Air. Where to find it. What is it called?

ArminF

ECF Veteran
Nov 28, 2018
Switzerland
There are a few RBA for the Voopoo PnP Coil family out there.
- Voopoo themself offer one. But this one looks quite "airy" to me.
- The one i will test is from Mechlyfe. Kaifun Style and more for MTL
- Reevape Ruko but this one has thin poles and has no good machining. At least the one i had.

Voopoo
base-plateau-pnp-rba-vinci-et-navi-de-voopoo.jpg

Mechlyfe
MECHLYFE-Compact-RBA-Deck-for-VINCIFetch-MiniRPM-40_0067389dad85-550x688h.jpg

Reevape
reewape-ruok-rba.jpg

For me the Mechlyfe makes most sense. 2 to 2.5 mm Coils, easy to build and offers an MTL draw.
Keep in mind these are tiny. And for the Argus you have to use wire which ends up at 0.6 Ohm minimum.

I ordered mine from the Asian Shops.

• Informative
Reactions: bsidb

bsidb

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 10, 2012
Leroy,NY
There are a few RBA for the Voopoo PnP Coil family out there.
- Voopoo themself offer one. But this one looks quite "airy" to me.
- The one i will test is from Mechlyfe. Kaifun Style and more for MTL
- Reevape Ruko but this one has thin poles and has no good machining. At least the one i had.

Voopoo
View attachment 901971

Mechlyfe
View attachment 901973

Reevape
View attachment 901975

For me the Mechlyfe makes most sense. 2 to 2.5 mm Coils, easy to build and offers an MTL draw.
Keep in mind these are tiny. And for the Argus you have to use wire which ends up at 0.6 Ohm minimum.

I ordered mine from the Asian Shops.

Just ordered 2 of the Mechlyfe RBA,

dangkhoa02106

ECF Veteran
Mar 11, 2013
VIET NAM
I had an annoying problem with the Voopoo Argus Air. After I locked the fire button, I had no ways to access the device. 3 clicks in a row to change the wattage setting, nothing happen. 5 clicks in a row to access the sub menu, nothing happen. The device goes on standby mode after a few seconds and automatically turns off the screen. No ways to wake the device with the fire button but sucking the pod to activate the sensor will do this. How can I solve this problems? Thank you for any advice.

ArminF

ECF Veteran
Nov 28, 2018
Switzerland
oh that doesnt sound good at all. i did use the lock but was able to unlock, change power or turn it off.
ehm.. maybe vape it until the battery is emtpy. try to reflash the firmware (still version 1.0.0.0). i do not recall if there is more on the flash software something like "unlock".

good luck!

Reactions: dangkhoa02106

dangkhoa02106

ECF Veteran
Mar 11, 2013
VIET NAM
Alright, I had a annoying experience with this small guy. I afraid that this problem caused by a faulty hardware, a faulty fire button. After I flashed the firmware, my device was off. Right now, there is no way to turn it on - again.

PS: The device was normal when I use it in the first time. Just 3 hours later, I have to travled so I locked the device and stored it in my trouser pocket. After I came back home, about 8 hours later, the problem happened. I really can not believe it, just about 11 hours and the device was fault.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread