Not open for further replies.

bfrie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 12, 2013
Circle Pines, Minnesota
Trying to decide between these two for my 14500. Both seem sweet

The arrow is a genesis. It also is leakproof. I really like the idea of that because I love gennies but I hate that they leak

The spheroid is a silica (I think?) Atty. I also love these.

What I want is people who have owned both or at least one of them to give me their opinion.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 4

Thrasher

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2012
Madeira beach, Fla
one thing to keep in mind is the spheroid is truly spill proof, will not no way spill or leak and taste like a dripper on steroids.

the arrow is a leakproof design wich prevents the atty from spilling juice by closing off the driptip and airhole, but it will still fill up the cap if left sideways long enough, I have not seen how or if the fluid drains back into the tank when held upright again.

so far my assumption is you may have seeping when you decide to go use it and reopen the holes again if too much fluid is in the top. I keep having this vision of it laying on its side all day, open it up to take a hit and a big mouthful of juice like when you overfill a dripper or the wick is too flooded to fire first few times. just guessing here but something to mull over.

Mozzer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 20, 2013
Rohnert Park CA, USA
The arrow is great - one of my favorite gennies. Some caveats: it's a little tricky to build the dual coils because it's rather small. Best to roll the coils on the wicks outside of the atty, then install and trap the leads; it's a fairly tight draw, even in the "wide open" setting.

The procedure for "unlocking" it after carrying it around sealed is: first open the drip tip by aligning the notches; stand it up for a bit and allow any juice to drain down; then align the breather holes. If you do the breather holes first there can be some seepage from them.

bfrie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 12, 2013
Circle Pines, Minnesota
The arrow is great - one of my favorite gennies. Some caveats: it's a little tricky to build the dual coils because it's rather small. Best to roll the coils on the wicks outside of the atty, then install and trap the leads; it's a fairly tight draw, even in the "wide open" setting.

The procedure for "unlocking" it after carrying it around sealed is: first open the drip tip by aligning the notches; stand it up for a bit and allow any juice to drain down; then align the breather holes. If you do the breather holes first there can be some seepage from them.

Can you drill out the air holes without removing the leak proof design

Mozzer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 20, 2013
Rohnert Park CA, USA
Can you drill out the air holes without removing the leak proof design

I think you could, but you'd want to drill both holes on the cap and the atty well rim. One of them is oblong. Not sure if I'd want to mess with that one. Maybe just drilling the round ones would be enough

Euphonious Nonsense

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 6, 2013
Anaheim, CA
OP, Check this post out.

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...ips-tricks-updates-thread-5.html#post10406242

If youre willing to experiment, the spheroid really is a versatile little atomizer. Far and away my favorite and without a doubt one of the best I have ever tried. I preference it over a kayfun simply due to the size. As for a comparison with the arrow, gennys in my experience tend to be higher maintenance but the tradeoff is obvious. The Spheroid is the closest thing I have found to the superior taste/vapor of a genny (or SS Mesh wicked device) without extra time/care required for a genny style device. That being said, I still prefer the spheroid over the arrow but like most things with vaping that is my personal preference and you may find the opposite for yourself is true.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread