Status
Not open for further replies.

niczgreat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 5, 2009
Chino California
Got bored with my Joyetech Penguin and decided to try a new Pod System. For me battery life, Vape Juice Capability are important and very hard to find in Pods. Also the truth is that I wasn't satisfied with the Vape Quality of the Penguin

It's a Small design, smaller than a pack of Cigarettes. Has a built in Tip and a lightweight Aluminum body. Holds 3ml of liquid and has a 1100mah battery. These are the absolute minimums that I need.

Positives
1. Form factor - small fits in my hand 3 1/2 Inches High (End of Tip to bottom),
1 5/8 inches Wide, and 5/8 Inches Thick
2. Materials - Aluminum which is Durable and lite weight
3. Manufacturing Quality - excellent. Everything fits together no rattles. Button is firm and precise. Magnets hold the back door on but since the aluminum is so lite, it's very firm and tight with no wiggle. Passed the drop on the carpet 3 feet without coming apart test.
4. Design - Metal chassis inside is the removeable Pod with circular removable atomizer. Well designed everything fits tight. I had a little trouble removing and inserting the pod but once I got the hang it's easy peasy
5. Vape Quality - very very good. Has adjustable air flow. I like it just slightly open. The Coil that I'm using is a .60Ohm mesh coil. Most important is no sputtering, No dry hits.
4.Built in Plastic Tip looks just like a big type C USB. For me that's a positive, never have to worry about losing the tip.
5. Replaceable Coil Positive for price negative for complexity
6. Juice - Holds 3ml of Juice which is large for an average Pod System.

Now let's go to the negatives, don't get turned off by the Negs, nothing that keeps me from enjoying the device.

1. the button is on the front, i would have liked a side button makes it easier for stealth vaping. Other reviewers have said that they really like the positioning of the button. I'm in agreement that aside from stealth vaping it's in the perfect slot
2. eliquid I would have liked 4-5 ml tank the 3 ml is just about the minimum that I can accept.
3. Filling - This is the biggest negative. The back has to be open to get to the interior tank. To check the fill level you have to take the pod out which is not very hard. The plastic is very dark so I have to hold it up to a light to see the fill level. You have to lay it flat to fill it and can't judge the fill level by sight. . I laid it flat, then filled to overflowing with my Unicorn bottle, and sucked it back in when it was overflowing.
4. Not sure if this is a negative or a positive. The Coil on this unit is replaceable. And it looks to be very easy to do. It's a negative because part of the reason you want a Pod System is simplicity on the other hand it's cheaper to replace a coil than a pod. As mentioned before the Circular Mesh .60 coil gives a great vape. No dry hits and no sputtering. But because of this extra step not sure if I'd recommend this to a grandma or severely technically challenged individual.
5. Juice - While 3ml is large for a Pod System, I would have liked at least 4ml of juice.

I'll check back in about Battery Life.

Brewdawg1181

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2017
Metro ATL
Nice write-up - this one has interested me. I really like my Nugget X- fastest firing mod I have, and the 2000mAh is plenty for a full day at 8W/0.58 ohm, 150-200 hits. So I doubt this one would make it I like the concept of it. Seems pretty good, being able to have different flavors in different pods, as well as the flexibility of 2 coils. It's on my watch list.

Reactions: stols001

Jazzman

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 24, 2013
High Desert, CA
Nice find @tomzgreat. It looks like a very interesting mod that check a lot of boxes for me. Here is a YT review I just watched.

The only questions the reviewer didn't answer was how was the flavor (pretty important) and what was the coil life like. The coils I found online were 8.95/2 pack, which would be great if the coils lasted well and not so good if they don't.

I also didn't see a place to buy spare complete pods or what the price is. As someone who likes having different flavors throughout the day I would like to find this out.

Please keep us updated on the device and let us know your thoughts on flavor and coil life when you've used the device for a while. And just a personal data point, I like having replaceable coils.

smoked25years

ECF Veteran
Mar 8, 2018
...The coils I found online were 8.95/2 pack, which would be great if the coils lasted well and not so good if they don't.

I also didn't see a place to buy spare complete pods or what the price is. As someone who likes having different flavors throughout the day I would like to find this out....

Myvaporstore has the pod for $4.49
Artery PAL 2 Replacement Pod Cartridges

...and a 5 pack of coils for $8.99 and $9.99, depending on resistance. I haven't seen 2 packs.
Artery PAL 2 Replacement Coil Atomizer Head - Pack of 5

ArminF

ECF Veteran
Nov 28, 2018
Switzerland
I do like the box as well. Only thing i am afraid is the vape quality and flavor. I still think that these drop in coils need a chip to regulate the wattage on them. Most of them i tested needed more power to get a good flavour out of my liquids. Would love to see such a system with a dna go or similar. As the box has space below the tank i still hope V3 will carry a chip.

Jazzman

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 24, 2013
High Desert, CA
Myvaporstore has the pod for $4.49
Artery PAL 2 Replacement Pod Cartridges

...and a 5 pack of coils for $8.99 and $9.99, depending on resistance. I haven't seen 2 packs.
Artery PAL 2 Replacement Coil Atomizer Head - Pack of 5

Good to know, thanks. The only link that popped up yesterday in a google search was the Electric Tobacconist in Colorado and they had listed coils as Artery Art 2 coils for 8.95. It didn't say it was a five pack, so a bit confusing, especially since I had never heard of the original Artery Art 1.

8.95 for a 5 pack is much better, and the pod prices aren't too bad either. And today the same search today shows a number of searches for the mod, coils, and pods.

smoked25years

ECF Veteran
Mar 8, 2018
The design looks pretty good. I like the magnetic panel and anodized aluminum-- much nicer than painted zinc alloy. Not sure of the pod construction or the performance of the coils. I suppose that's something that you won't know until you try it. The design of the mod and pods sort of looks like what I had wanted for a Lost Vape Orion 2.0 (except it's missing the DNA Go, of course). I thought a removable coil would be a particularly good upgrade of the Orion and might improve the MTL performance.

niczgreat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 5, 2009
Chino California
OOPs Moments → Not your Grandmas system

Thought I'd mention some Oops moments. I made some real dumb moves. It's a talent of mine!

1st Oops Moment is that I was trying to figure out if the cartridge was empty. Sometimes you get into a situation where when a cartridge is totally filled you can't see the fill line. Well I looked on the far left side and saw a little air bubble on the top, so thought it was filled, around 10 minutes later it started to feel dry and then I took in some unexpected very nasty dry burnt hits. It turns out that it has 3 chambers and they don't always fill easily. My SOP is that if I vape it dry I always assume unhealthful and regardless of the taste change cartridges. So this is a perfect opportunity to try the 1.2 Coil Cartridge. BTW I proceeded to order 5 of the .60 Mesh from MVS.

2nd Oops moment
I proceeded to take out the old cartridge put it in and then screw the metal piece on . After that I was only getting 3 red flashes and couldn't vape. I proceeded to take out the Atty and screw it to the metal piece and then screw into the Cartidge. This time it worked. I think if the instruction book was written better I wouldn't have made the mistake.

Last edited:

niczgreat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 5, 2009
Chino California
I'm still waiting for them to arrive at my vape shop here. We'll see how good it is. I've read some controversial stuff regarding this and other Tony B projects.
Either way, I hate such type of pod systems lol, but for other customers it might be a great replacement for icky sticks, I hope.
There is a saying in business, give the customer what they want, not what you think they want. This is a really cute little device that hits the mark a lot of ways. It addresses many drawbacks of Pod Systems and the form factor while not tiny is very small. What will be interesting is what colors that your customers will choose. I think that Red and purple will be the top sellers.

niczgreat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 5, 2009
Chino California
Well I've been one the 1.2 Ohm coil for 3 days and I have to say that the vape is excellent enough to make a convert to MTL out of me.

Flavor is great and temperature of the vape is perfect.

The battery lasts all day and the liquid lasts from morning until night. If you are a MTL Vapor, you don't even have to think twice about ordering one of these. Still no leaking or gurgling. I'm regretting that I bought the extra .5 ohm mesh cartridges.

dansus

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • Jan 16, 2016
    London
    Think a clear pod is in the works.
    pal2pod.jpg

ArminF

ECF Veteran
    Nov 28, 2018
    Switzerland
    So after a while i am still interested in this device. Clear Pods on their way. Sounds like a holiday traveller for me.

Watched now a lot of reviews on YT and all say that the 0.6 seems to be a winner coil.

JUST one thing which really make me curious.
    - How is the draw with a 0.6 and the airflow closed to 30% for MTL?

i mean i need (would like to have) a warm vape with some pressure while drawing. Lets say a tiny bit more open but with enough pressure while drawing to get the satisfying MTL draw.

Can someone enlighten me please?

thank you!

Jazzman

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 24, 2013
    High Desert, CA
    Recently got the Artery Pal 2 and thought I'd go through it a bit. This will be lengthy, so you are warned.

TL;DR: For $26.00 at electrictobacconist.com (the kit does come with a pod) it's a huge winner for me. Even with some caveats.

So I got the device in with a spare pod and a box of each coil type. The replacement pod was the clear and the pod with the kit was the original dark.. so OK the dark will be a challenge, but it will vape. The clear is easy to see juice level.

Put the filled pod in and the cover rocked and clicked every time I touched it... not cool and I can't live with that. Not sealing fully closed. Without the pod it was perfect and flush sealed all around. So either send it back or fix it. Poured a neat scotch to give it some thought and by the end of the 3rd glass had my answer... Fix the damn thing. Tore it to bits and decided to take a pic for the thread. Found a corner of double sided tape was folded over and was creating a very small lump right under the pod cavity. You can see in the pic where I cut out the offending piece at an angle near the camera. Slapped it back together and put in the pod and cover was a perfect fit. Nice!! That's some tight tolerance there.

As you can see it's a very simple system, but really well designed and manufactured. The entire business removes with the center tray and the case is just a shell it fits into. There are locating/locking tabs that hold it into the shell on 3 side and is a precision fit. Well done really.

The flavor is stellar, I can't say enough about that. And the flavor is equal for both the .6 and 1.2Ohm coils, whether DTL or MTL. I'm all about the flavor and this was the main reason I wanted to get this mod in the first place. Turned out to be a good choice.

The button... I like it, but I don't trust it. By that I mean it seems to be using pressure with no movement of the button. It does this with an extremely light touch. This means I will not be putting this in my pant pocket unless I 5 clicks off first. It just fires way too easily and anything that touches the button could fire it. Shirt pocket probably OK, but not pants for me. That being said, it fires perfectly every time and is pleasant to use, so I do like the way it works overall. Interesting choice of button that I've never seen on a mod before. I also like the button placement given the orientation of the mouthpiece, thumb or finger falls naturally on the button and the slight raised bezel makes easy to feel without looking.

Filling is a learning curve as all the reviewers state, but after the second fill not a big deal and not messy, just not something you'd want to do at a traffic light in your car. No real drama here, but I think there were better locations that could have been used for the fill port like the recessing the plugs on the side opposite the coil. That would have been much better and it looks like there is room to do that pretty easily.

As far as coil life I really don't know yet, but at 4 refills it tastes and vapes the same as fresh, so I'll see how that goes. But coils are cheap at $8.95/5pk so probably going to work out well.

Air flow and vapor production is very good. At full open the DTL is really good for a pod, better than others I've tried (including Orion). For MTL it really has to be closed almost all the way. Maybe just a hint of an opening and I have a draw that feels restrictive and give , at least to me, a good MTL resitive feel. I'm happy with that, others may want more restriction.

Not sure about the battery yet. It seems to go from blue/full to purple/50% very quickly and then stays on purple for quite a while. I think the calibration must be off. But I won't be able to go a full day on a single charge. At least it's easy to charge while driving or whatever and you can vape while charging, so not a terminal flaw but not the best.

Form factor is good, fits the hand nicely and is easily pocketable. Nice and light but strong feeling. No issues with ascetics or fit and finish. Nice looking device that's comfortable.

Final words... It's all about the flavor and vapor which makes the quibbles minor issues in comparison for me. The vape is really good and if this device last well I think I might be sticking with it for a while. BTW, the Pal 2 is back together without a scratch and that only took 2 more scotches.

Pal 2a.jpg

ArminF

ECF Veteran
    Nov 28, 2018
    Switzerland
    So got mine from overseas for 26 USD.
    Ordered 0.6 coils and a replacement pod.

First impression:
    - small... very small
    - Pod i got a new more transparent one
    - coils easy to install
    - filing.. ok here they should have place the hole somewhere better. But OK

Soaked the coil, refilled the pod and put all together.
    Have the same flavour in my billet box with exocet and must say the first few draws the liquid taste very very good on the pal. dense and amount of vape is good.
    MTL - yes it does MTL. Closed the airflow now to 15% and do feel a restriction while taking a draw.

Now further testing and vaping to see how far ich come with one battery load and how the coils behave a while of custard liquid.

IMG_2444.JPG IMG_2445.JPG DDE74598-E236-4E5C-9EB0-7E87F2BACDFF.JPG

• Agree
    Reactions: Jazzman

SonnyCooL

ECF Veteran
    Jan 12, 2018
    So got mine from overseas for 26 USD.
    Ordered 0.6 coils and a replacement pod.

First impression:
    - small... very small
    - Pod i got a new more transparent one
    - coils easy to install
    - filing.. ok here they should have place the hole somewhere better. But OK

Soaked the coil, refilled the pod and put all together.
    Have the same flavour in my billet box with exocet and must say the first few draws the liquid taste very very good on the pal. dense and amount of vape is good.
    MTL - yes it does MTL. Closed the airflow now to 15% and do feel a restriction while taking a draw.

Now further testing and vaping to see how far ich come with one battery load and how the coils behave a while of custard liquid.

View attachment 801647 View attachment 801649 View attachment 801651
    u like 1.2 or 0.6 ohm coil better ?

SonnyCooL

ECF Veteran
    Jan 12, 2018
    @SonnyCooL
    -> currently running the 0.6.
    Most of the reviewers told that the 0.6 brings a warmer vape and more dense flavour.
    So i might stick with them.
    ok, i currently using nord 0.6ohm, like the size but airflow is a bit lose side thinking of another pod with good flavor n MTL (stealth vape pod).

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread