• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Ashtrays????

Status
Not open for further replies.

sugismimi

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 13, 2010
SOUTH CAROLINA
Seems like a nutty question, but, what have yall done with your old ashtrays?????
I have them in a pile on my kitchen counter waaayyyyyy back beside the microwave. I was thinking an ashtray smash party!!!!!
Ya know break the nasty habit,break the nasty ashtray!!!!
could be a meaningful activity at a meet??!!

sugismimi

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 13, 2010
SOUTH CAROLINA
lol!!! one reason we quit was because no one around our family smoked except DH and I, so no reason to save the nasty things, Ummm.... puke catchers???? no don't think so, eeewwwww.. but thanks for the idea????:blink: i assume this idea came from experience tho. my kids were projectile pukers so that wouldn't work lolol

sugismimi

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 13, 2010
SOUTH CAROLINA
Well, seems like they have no humph!!!
I can't tell if they r full or when they r running low. Seems like they burn liquid faster than reg atty's. I drip most of the time .
I'm vaping on the Riva, using the cone with whistle top mouth pieces, and when I use the carto, it'stoo short for the cone, but w/o it, I leak all over and what a mess.I've been able to put 1-2 ml. in a carto, and let it sit, hell I even shake it around and roll it between my hands to distribute the liquid. When I start to vape, I get what feels like a few good pulls then , almost acts like it's run out already. Any ideas or is this a personal problem, lololol!!!!!:blush:

Doctor Vapor

ECF Veteran
Oct 9, 2009
Charleston, SC USA
www.youtube.com
Well, seems like they have no humph!!!
I can't tell if they r full or when they r running low. Seems like they burn liquid faster than reg atty's. I drip most of the time .
I'm vaping on the Riva, using the cone with whistle top mouth pieces, and when I use the carto, it'stoo short for the cone, but w/o it, I leak all over and what a mess.I've been able to put 1-2 ml. in a carto, and let it sit, hell I even shake it around and roll it between my hands to distribute the liquid. When I start to vape, I get what feels like a few good pulls then , almost acts like it's run out already. Any ideas or is this a personal problem, lololol!!!!!:blush:

This sounds like a job for the "Mad Scientist of Vaping" !!

It sounds to me as if you are overfilling and flooding the carto. This is a very common problem.

The trick with any method, be it carts, cartos, or dripping, is to keep the atty or carto wet, but not to overfill. Always keeping your atty or carto wet will ensure good flavor and will increase the life of the atty or carto. If you're leaking, you're adding too much juice.

A good rule of thumb for Dripping is to drip 3 drops of juice into the atty and then refill it before the juice starts to taste burnt or you get an off flavor. Drip a little, but drip often. You'll get the hang of it after a while and you'll never leak again.

With Cartos, you should make sure the fiber is wet, but that juice is not pooling on top. If it is, simply blow into the battery connector end and blow out any excess juice into a paper towel or something that will not be a mess. Once again, don't overfill, but refill often. Don't let the cartomizer get low on juice. The fiber inside the carto can burn if you let it get too dry and produce bad flavors.

Check out the these videos.
YouTube - Care and Feeding of Cartomizers Part 1

YouTube - Care And Feeding of Cartomizers Part 2

YouTube - A Great Way To Fill Cartomizers

Last edited:

kno

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Oct 8, 2009
Myrtle Beach, SC, USA
sounds like you may be overfilling them. You shouldn't try to squeeze more than 1ml into a carto - no matter what others say lol... i would recommend starting with about 12 drops, and letting it all soak in without running before you start to screw it on and vape it. Also with the ego, the cartos don't work so well with the cone, because of airflow issues. This is what I've noticed. I also much prefer an atomizer to a cartomizer at 3.7 volts, however, at 5-6 volts - the cartomizer can become an invaluable friend :)

good luck.

sugismimi

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 13, 2010
SOUTH CAROLINA
I used Dr Vapors method and OMG What a difference. Now if I'm thinking correctly isnt the riva a higher volt battery? I have noticed now , since filling them a different way that i do like them better. the atty i used today at work, just didnt seem to do it for me!!! a lot lighter hit, and much less vapor.
I was hoping to meet you sunday, but next time huh?

kno

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Oct 8, 2009
Myrtle Beach, SC, USA
Doctor Vapor's videos have been invaluable to me too lol, i would have given up on filling cartos without them too haha...

so you know, the Riva is not a higher voltage battery, it's a pulse modulated 3.7v battery, but since it has no cutoff, it can supply constant voltage longer. Depending on the manufacturer it may or may not be built "high drain"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread