Status
Not open for further replies.

Dieseler

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 24, 2011
Illinois
So Babe just have to chime in and say the originals works great for me have 3 going with 3 new ones in box and the spring loaded screws will be a nice added feature. These are simple and for me personally better than any thing else up to this point.
Too bad according to Bad the newer screws most likely will not fit the original setup grrrrrrrr cause i wanted to get some and change them over.

vikeme28

ECF Veteran
Jan 16, 2012
Waste Lands
The one I have is great. Just need to mod for use on my provari. When I get more and extra tubes I'm going to try drilling an air hole in the tube by the coil area but big enough to fit a gasket and pin from the vision vivi heads to bring the pin right next to the coil. Then I wont need to have it barely screwed on.

Thanks for the update!!!!

Krispers

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 22, 2010
Pennsylvania
The one I have is great. Just need to mod for use on my provari. When I get more and extra tubes I'm going to try drilling an air hole in the tube by the coil area but big enough to fit a gasket and pin from the vision vivi heads to bring the pin right next to the coil. Then I wont need to have it barely screwed on.

Thanks for the update!!!!

Explain that please? I havent had the pleasure of getting one so I dont know what you mean by modding it for provari.

vikeme28

ECF Veteran
Jan 16, 2012
Waste Lands
Explain that please? I havent had the pleasure of getting one so I dont know what you mean by modding it for provari.

If you screw these tight on a provari it cuts off all air flow. some have dremeled slots in the bottom to create an air channel to the connector. i do not have a dremmel so i have to have it on loosly. some put holes in the side of the tube which will work for a genisis style mesh wick thats standing and right next to the tube but with the coil and wick in its natural position have just a hole in the side its too far away from the coil so if i can put a gasket and pin from the vision vivi in a drilled out hole in the tube should bring the air flow right next to the coil.... in theory lol will see if it works when i get some extra replacement tubes dont want to screw up the only one i have.

Dieseler

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 24, 2011
Illinois
On my boxmod i built i use a 510 extension . On provari it would work but of course it like poster mention it takes away from the looks but .....
Yes Krispers them figs are wonderful , oh and i have 5 total srt's but went to another vendor to try cause they supply 6 extra coil/wicks plus the 2 ohm that comes with it.

Hey no offense to GV they get my retirement money as well and these days have to spread it around a little to help everyone out. ; )
But i will defintely get the new improved srt from GV when it comes out to try but must say again like a skipping 45 record oh wait you might not member those Babe !...lol these srt's work right out of the box just make sure the legs are tight to the screw and that coil sits almost to the floor right above that airhole, dry fire the coil to burn off any residue off from manufacture. Prewet the coil and wick coming off coil then fill after a 1/3 of tank it should be good to go.
I use between 3.6 to 4 volts on my mod because i also make my own coil/wick assemblies for it .

RichardV

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 26, 2012
The Golden Isles of Georgia, USA
Krispers
What was wrong with the Phoenix 3ml sleeved tank that had to be "worked on"?
Other than an airy vape that I solved with a bit of tape it is a great tank. I hope the work required isn't the same as was done to the Raven.:facepalm:
I am still vaping on the one that i purchased 7/25 with only an ocassional rinsing/no dry burns. I have vaped at least 45 ml thru it.

Also, the on the one I received the cap/drip tip inserted into the tube not the sleeve as described on the item page. The first time I removed the tip I thought "Oh S___! I broke it!" Did I receive a "hybrid" version? It looked more like the sleeveless version with a sleeve added to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread