Aspire Atlantis issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nacholad

Mar 25, 2015
So I bought an aspire Atlantis and an eleaf istick 50w. After two days I started getting a burnt taste. Switched out the atomizer and got a burning throat hit. Switched it out again with the same result. No matter how much I prime it or douse it in ejuice I still get an awful burning throat hot that gets slightly less worse after 20 or so big hits. I get the burning hit no matter what wattage or voltage I set it on. I've tried 4 different atomizers now with absolutely no improvement in this problem. What's going on!? Is it the tank? The battery? Please help as I spent a decent amount of money on this and I really want to quit smoking :( this is so frustrating!

EBates

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 4, 2013
Texas
Welcome aboard
I'm a little confused. Is your issue Burnt Taste (Dry Hits) or is it Burning Throat hits? In either case I'd suggest first decreasing your wattage.
For the throat - water and/or changing your juice.
Try adjusting your air flow. Tighter draw - more juice available to atomizer. Loose draw - less juice available to atomizer.
Flooding can cause some pretty nasty throat hits.

Hannypoo

Verified Member
Mar 8, 2015
Idaho
My friend is having this exact problem with his Kanger Subtank on an iStick 50. He brought it over to me, and we were trying to figure it out just 10 minutes ago. The coil, wick, and everything looks fine. Nice and clean. He rewicked it, just to be sure. We tried various watts, and it still had that funky flavor. He said when he got it, it worked fine (same juice), and then suddenly it didn't. I'm very interested to hear the advice here. In fact I logged on to ask the same question.

Edit: Low nic juice (6mg), 80/20, tried all levels of airflow.

Last edited:
How did you prime the coil? I recommend dropping enough juice on the coils first to saturate them before installing and filling with juice. When your tank is ready to use cover the air flow control with your finger and take a couple quick puffs without firing it. Once you get a burned Atlantis coil then there is pretty much no way to save it.

Steven G

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2014
Southern California
I just had the similar problem with my Atlantis after a short time I would get a burnt taste whether on my Vapor Shark or IPV mini 2 three tanks in a roll no matter how much I primed them or even lower wattage. After trying all the fixes already posted in this thread nothing worked till I opened a new box of coils and have not had a bit of trouble since so I feel I got a box of defective coils.

stormjib

ECF Veteran
Sep 19, 2014
California
I have never owned an atlantis but I used to use nautiluses until I go so sick of the coils tasting nasty and not working right. I know they have new organic cotton coils out now, but it's too late, they have lost me as a customer. Kanger, on the other hand, has gained me as a customer. I have both the ST mini and the fullsized, of the two, the mini is the better. They're not without problems, but at least they never taste like a dog pooped in my mouth. :) I also like that I can rebuild the coils very easily.

kartoffelfaust

ECF Veteran
Feb 1, 2015
USA
Since I use 100%VG with my atlantis, its a real pain to prime, since the liquid won't soak in quick at all. So I throw a little in the coil. close off the air flow, take a bunch of cold hits, until no more air bubbles come back out, then let it set over night at room temp. Then I slowly ramp up power as the crappy taste goes away.

Its tedious as all heck, but once its going, its good for a while. The cotton coils are better, but not by much. I use it less now just due to cost of coils and the pain of changing them - I prefer the Lemo, though it doesn't have quite the same airflow.

Like someone mentioned you may have got a bad batch of coils, which would piss me off at $20USD a pack.

emc1

Mar 19, 2015
Chicago
Are you doing lung hits or mouth to lung? When I first got the Atlantis I didn't know it was designed primarily for lung hits (cloud chaser cool kid sold it to me in a b&m) - I had the same experience as you. Really hot and burning. Not until I opened up the airflow, used a heavier lower nic juice and did a stupid cloud lung hit did it stop sucking so bad. Not for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread