Aspire Atlantis mod

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok I've searched and haven't seen where anyone else has done this so I'm going to post it up. I loved my new Atlantis tank but the air draw lacked in my opinion. So I talked to my local b&m and the owner told me to come see his solution. What he had done to his personal Atlantis tank was remove the air draw ring to open up all the air holes for maximum air flow. I tried it and wow what a difference. So here's some pics and explanation of how I did it (this mod was done using the advice of a local expert. Please be careful as you are modifying the tank from it's original state and risk damaging it and yourself if this is done improperly.)
Ok first thing I did was I took a small knife blade and inserted it in between the ring and bottom cap, then taking a small hammer I gently tapped the top of the blade, slowly working my way around the whole tank. The goal here is to separate the bottom cap from the tank. Once you get enough of a gap start trying to fit a small flat head screw driver into the gap. Then with your small hammer once again tap your way all around the tank until you get enough of a gap that the screwdriver fits into it. Then use the screw driver to gently pry the bottom cap the rest of the way off. Now you can simply slide the air flow ring off, but if you ever plan to put it back on be careful there are small springs inside the ring that are part of the locking mechanism. If you just pull the ring off these will fly out to be lost to the gremlins forever. Once the ring and springs are out set the tank on it's chimney, and make sure the tip is out. Then take a small socket that'll fit snugly over the connector on the bottom cap. Place it over the connector and take your small hammer and gently tap the socket. This'll push the end cap back on the tank, and the socket ensures it seats itself back on nice and level. Once you've gotten the end cap snugly seated back down, and while the tank is still vertical I recommend taking your small hammer and gently tapping on the outer edges, while turning the tank. This ensures everything is seated back down well. Now for the sake of peace of mind attach it to a tester to make sure there's no shorts or anything. That's it screw it into your preferred device and enjoy the enhanced flavor and draw. This is my first mod and write up so be gentle with your opinions. If you have any questions just ask I'll do my best to answer. Thanks for your time and everyone on this forum who's contributed to helping me get to where I'm at.
596fb9377858901853dbc8c40f00faca.jpg

ebb3b7bc7a9ada741e56b8d12ced3770.jpg

48664e92fdd28168ed5518a1cbc5eb22.jpg

a93e03d61bada338be0c5e804e22754c.jpg

1e967165c25bf7b99af6af636bf505a3.jpg

Sent from my LG-D631 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread