Aspire BDC - First 2 Days Review

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vokell

ECF Veteran
Just received the Aspire BDC from nhaler. This is the newest, pbusardo is raving about them on tasteyourjuice.com.

I have the following comments. Overall, the BDC is excellent, great throat hits, great vapor, it isn't as "pretty" as the pro tank, however the product works as advertised. I am not using anything that can degrade the tank; as pbusardo mentioned, you can use your old vivi nova tanks. Here are a few cons.

1. The threading is not great, it was hard to get the threads started, hopefully that will get easier the more it is used.
2. The capacity, you can't fill the tank "to the top" due to the design, but the throat hit and vapor are great. I have been using the tank on ego batteries, and a vision slip. The unit did not work well at all with the provari mini when it is "cranked" all the way down. Have to leave some room for air flow....Plus, I got an E4 reading on my provari...
3. nhaler is the dealer where I purchased the nova tank, regular size for $10. Their shipping was quick, however the BDC was not in a box, and I did not receive extra coils. The one coil that I did receive with the unit was the "newer" 2 hole coil, rather than the original 4 hole that they had problems with, per the pbusardo video. Also, if you want to order the extra coils (5 of them), nhaler charges $13 for them. I did not order the extras, since I thought I would get other coils with the unit. Thats not good, but will use them again, I guess to get coils. The coil that came with my unit was 1.8 ohm. This is what it looks like, think vivi nova without the top coils.....
aspirevivi.jpg

So, the net of this mini review, the Aspire BDC works great, looks ugly, but it works!

Hope this is helpful to you guys. Be safe!

Vokell

SpaceAce

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 15, 2013
oHIo
Just received my two in the mail today, ordered from the same place as you, and also received it in plastic with no extra heads. Loaded up a tank of Melon Boba and I have to say it is performing quite well. Great Vapor, nice even draw, good TH and nice flavor.

I will say it is not outperforming my Phiniac or my JonBoy Lava Tank, but, it's definitely less work, basically fill it up and vape away, no concern for loading cartos or getting a bad carto. I saw somewhere on FB yesterday that there's already a V2 coming out late Oct early Nov that has a glass tank so you can use whatever juice you like so I will probably hold off on ordering any more heads until that baby is out.

If you're on the fence I'd order it, it seems to be performing quite nicely.

I just received my order from NHALER. I got 2 of the Aspire mini Nova style and 1 of the larger one and all 3 came loose in a pouch. I Love the product but I was surprised that they were not in the manufacturer's original box. It seems the manufacturer's box for the larger tank actually comes with 2 extra coils in the box. SO again the price is very good and the tanks work A+ but getting the tanks loose in a pouch was not what I was expecting but i guess that is how they are able to keep the prices very reasonable. I wish they were a little more forthcoming on their web site because I most likely would have ordered the extra coils at the same time. I just wrote NHALER to ask if the coils come in a box or loose in a pouch like the tanks did. To use a word i have not used in a long time I thought shipping out the tanks loose in a pouch was a tad " CHEESY" or is it " CHEESIE" OH WELL the ASPIRE Tanks work great and I will get more

mseymour67

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2012
Columbus OH
I received mine as well, loose with no extra heads. I loaded it up with boba's bounty, and I don't think it works as well as the Protank. I can't try any other juices as I only received the one head and don't want to cross flavors. I contacted Nhaler, and they said the website said it came as the clearo only....which it doesn't say that...unless they have updated their site since I contacted them. I will wait and see if another vendor gets these in, and will order extra heads at that time. Not happy with the bait and switch at Nhaler....they show a pic of the unit in the OEM box, but ship in a plastic bag.

Iron

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 27, 2013
Grapevine, AR USA
I just got the Ego and the Vivi Nova versions. I've been playing around with the smaller one on my Vamo for the last hour or so. Initial impressions? The protanks are more sturdily built, hold more juice, and look better. However, the main thing I look for is vape quality, and it truly blows the protank away in this category, IMHO. Of course it's very subjective. My wife loves the protanks, while I have never been very impressed with them. I put some Ahlusion all VG Smooth Criminal in it, and the flavor and throat hit are great, and I'm making clouds in my kitchen almost as well as my Fogger RBA does. No wicking problems at all so far. I'll be interested to see how long it'll keep working this well.

Just ordered the Vivi Nova style yesterday after seeing the PBusardo review. Was a little confused at first since the version reviewed by PBusardo came in a box with extra coils. The website must have been updated recently because it DID clearly state that an order quantity of 1 would contain 1 tank and 1 atomizer.

I recently switched from vision mini vivi novas v2.5 to the protank 2, which has been an upgrade for the most part. I was getting used to the 2.5 ohm protank heads and adjusting the voltage accordingly (based on whatever juice I had) so I hope the 1.8 ohm heads are as robust as claimed. It'll be nice to take a break from refilling at half tank volume...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread