Aspire BDC - First 2 Days Review

Status
Not open for further replies.

bradrintn

Aug 23, 2013
memphis
Id love to know how to clean these aspire heads is there a way without having to totally disassemble it?? can i rinse and dry burn or.. remove the top part covering the upper coil and leaving the entire bottom piece intact effectively exposing it like a protank coil??
also

i found and bought the davide bdc uses aspire coils..

from got vapes it can use the protank coils or the aspire with very little and simple modification so can switch back and forth... and other than a diff base peices the parts are interchangable with the davide bcc .. its bottom fill full tank.. and pyrex..

Hmm....

I've taken a fancy to these range of BDC but i'm just concerned, as compared to the PT 2, how does one clean and dry burn the Aspire's atomizer head?

cloudcity

ECF Veteran
Oct 6, 2013
Boston MA
My small one was the same way. I tightened the coil and no more issues.. Hope this helps ya..

Yeah I finally got it working without leaking. I think the seal on the head wasn't sitting right and just needed a little coaxing. I took it off, put it back on not quite as pushed up against the lip and it stopped leaking. It could have also been what PB described, I might have had it screwed down to tight on my battery... Either way It hasn't gurgled after fixing this...

So now that my headaches are over lol, this thing does vape like a beast. Flavor is better than all the other clearos I've tried in the same price range. These also handle thick juices better than any other clearo I've tried.

I managed to dry burn the coils, (no, I did not take the cap off, it doesn't seem to come off without taking the whole thing apart and damaging the threads...)

I soaked the atty for a few hours in vodka. After that I blew it out I ran it under the tap. I let it dry out and then did 3-5 second pulses, blowing down in the hole every few times. It took a good 7-10 minutes but eventually I could see both coils glowing down inside. Once I could see both coils glow, and there was no smoke or sizzling and it was all set...

I filled the tank up and after 2 or 3 draws there was not noticeable burny flavor, it performed like it was brand new :) I'm going to see how long I can keep this atty going by cleaning it every 2 days...
hoping I can get a few weeks out of each. We shall see...

Also, MFS has the tanks and heads for less, $8.95 (glass) and the coils are $10.95 :vapor:

Last edited:

bradrintn

Aug 23, 2013
memphis
Just got my Davide BDC like the regular davide with a adapter peice and rubber ring uses the aspire coils love love them figured out a simple way to take apart and clean.. screw the head onto base take pliers,grasp the upper part of the head and pull/wiggle it pops off very easily the head being attached to the base makes this easy to do... exposing everything take off the upper and lower wrapping materials and you can clean and dry burn it like a protank head.. re wrap the base and upper material push the upper part of head back on and you are good to go..

cloudcity

ECF Veteran
Oct 6, 2013
Boston MA
Thanks for the link.. After looking it looks like they only have the mini. also if you look close it looks like the coils are the old 4 hole design. I should call and see but if they are i will pass as those tend to flood..

Also, MFS has the tanks and heads for less, $8.95 (glass) and the coils are $10.95 :vapor:
[/QUOTE]

The tank I ordered came with the 2 hole heads. Just ordered replacement coils and I am assuming they're also 2 hole, ut won't know for sure until they get here ...

mgavilondo

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 19, 2013
I just got the glassomizer version of this at Vivid Smoke...-really sexy colors although with my iTaste Chameleon it looked best in silver.. Vape and taste is stupendous :) and the one I have is a 2.5ml shaped like an evod... Not looking forward to cleaning cause I'm an ultra newbie at cleaning and dry burning.. Wish someone would do a video about the glass version... hint lol
ysy3aty3.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

cloudcity

ECF Veteran
Oct 6, 2013
Boston MA
The tank I ordered came with the 2 hole heads. Just ordered replacement coils and I am assuming they're also 2 hole, ut won't know for sure until they get here ...

Please let us know..Thanks[/QUOTE]

Got the heads today from MFS and they are the 2 hold holed versions...

(Also got my second Aspire tank (in black) ... this time around No problems at all ... not a gurgle or leak yet and I'm on my second fill ... These are without a doubt my favorite tank atties so far.)

Bill's Magic Vapor

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 8, 2013
USA
Very interesting. This sounds like a clearo to watch. Seems as though most prefer this one over the Protank II, which has been hugely popular lately. I'm not a dual coil fan myself on a clearo or carto, but if they're vaping that well, easy to fill and clear and clean and maintain, maybe we have something here. I appreciate all the posts. Clearos come and go all the time. It's rare for a new one to emerge and become dominant for any length of time. Interested to see if this one has legs.

cloudcity

ECF Veteran
Oct 6, 2013
Boston MA
Definitely worth giving a shot for only $8.95...

Also, if the Davide is now adapting these heads (and I believe the Pro Tanks will in the future too, it seems like all the big manufacturers are seeing these as being much better heads then the previously standard BCC's that were in most tanks...

Also a thing to note, they handle thick liquids incredibly well. There are a few juices I can't vape in most of my tanks and only work well in my RDA, but this thing has no issues with them. Haven't had a dry hit yet.

Flavors also switch out easily and quickly... Pluid is the only one of my staple juices that can be very hard to get rid of. A 5 minute vodka bath and a little bit of drying time has made it painless to switch flavors after vaping a whole tank of Pluid... really liking these and can see myself staying with them for quite some time..

GoodNews!

Moved On
Oct 25, 2013
Vaping, USA
I reviewed the Aspire, and despite wanting it to be a miracle device, I got very little flavor (if any) from it, other than a very yeasty inhale and exhale taste with all juices, and tested out 3 different juices in it. One juice, a dark chocolate-coffee juice, burnt right up on the first hit, tasting like a charred popcorn kernel. Another juice, an extremely watery rum juice, tasted like nothing and yet had a horribly yeasty taste, and caused dry hits after only a few series of puffs. Another juice tasted extremely harsh and searing because of the higher nic content. While there's no leaks or gurgling, I also get tiny splatters of juice in my mouth from this tank, even with no air blockers. And I tested the tank out mostly at 3.3v, with a few tests a 3.8-4.2 once 3.3 wasn't showing any promising signs.

I'm not sure if there's a design flaw with my tank that doesn't allow it to wick well or what. I also notice that a tiny air bubble keeps trying to form where the center tube meets the head's little suction-rubber thing. No air bubbles seem to really come from the head's holes, though, and no condensation seems to be forming in the tank, which condensation in the tank is something that always seems to happen, for me, when the vape is working like it's supposed to and tastes great (on other devices.) Another consideration is that while I'd have thought 2 1.8ohm coils would have given a very safe total ohm (3.2+), it would seem that the coils simply still get too hot to really taste any flavor, and burn things up at around 3.8 or higher.

To me, vaping isn't all about a nicotine throat hit and having flavors be a "little background addition" to the roughness. I simply want flavored vapor, nothing more, and it seems the Aspire isn't the device for that type of vaper.

Last edited:

tearose50

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2011
Tennessee :-)
Good --- It sounds to me like the head isn't sitting in the device properly. Check out PBusardo's video. He mentioned that.

Also, make sure you have not blocked off the air flow by having it too tightly attached to your battery device.

Of course, it is always possible you got a defective head. Quality control issues do occur.

There is certainly something off if you get a burnt hit with low voltage and then liquid splatters.

I'm not familiar with a yeasty taste with any liquids, so I have no idea what that could be. Sorry.

And, if it's too hot -- turn it down. Try it at 3.4 volts. You may see a big difference. All Clearomizers are made to work well with ego's and ego twists, though they can be used on APV's and I believe ego's are set to be 3.4 volts. Lower voltage may be much more appealing.

Last edited:

cloudcity

ECF Veteran
Oct 6, 2013
Boston MA
Yeah, I'll say from my experience, there is a small learning curve with them... They're finicky the 1st time you use them. They do need to sit for a few minutes when you first fill your tank...

Let it sit for 10-15 minutes before vaping...

Once you figure out the quirks though, they are definitely are the best replaceable clearo heads out there ATM. the flavor and TH is heads and shoulders above every other clearo head I've tried... They don't have wicking problems or require you to tilt your tanks... they're pretty hassle free after the 1st fill...
(I hated mine when I 1st got it. it leaked everywhere. The next day I checked all the seals, filled it and let it sit for a little bit - and hooray....)

Sure it's not ideal that they're a little finicky - BUT if the Davide adopted these, and from what I understand the new PT's are going to as well - these aren't going anywhere soon.

They kick hard on the TH and flavor is GREAT. Just check all your seals and let them it for a little bit before vaping. They really do outperform other tanks I've tried like PTs, EVODs etc if you dont just fill them and try and vape them immediately....

Ryedan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2012
Ontario, Canada
Very interesting. This sounds like a clearo to watch. Seems as though most prefer this one over the Protank II, which has been hugely popular lately. I'm not a dual coil fan myself on a clearo or carto, but if they're vaping that well, easy to fill and clear and clean and maintain, maybe we have something here. I appreciate all the posts. Clearos come and go all the time. It's rare for a new one to emerge and become dominant for any length of time. Interested to see if this one has legs.

Couldn't agree more Bill. A lot of people like trying devices when they first come out and there's nothing wrong with that! I wait a while. It's amazing how opinion about products can change after they're in use a month or two and many people really get to know them. So many variables involved, equipment, juice, vaping style and more. This one has potential :thumb:

Nightcall

ECF Veteran
Aug 29, 2013
USA
It's been a week now with my glass Aspire, with only one juice used though: HHV Legend. I still like it, vapor, throat hit, and draw are excellent, but I like the way Legend tastes in the Vision Nano better. Actually, nothing has topped the cheap little Nano for me as far as flavor and overall vaping. The Protank II is a clean and smooth vape, but I agree with others that it is a bit too airy. I'm getting used to that though.

I ordered more heads for the Aspire so soon I'll try different flavors. We'll see. I'm finding that dual coils do something weird to flavors. Same thing happened with the iClear16. I think I prefer single coil devices.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread