Status
Not open for further replies.

KY_Rob

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2013
Kentucky
Has anyone had issues with leaking or gurgling?

I like the ease of use of a ProTank, and they perform quite well through the first 1/2 or 2/3 of a tank, but get leaky & gurgle when the level gets low.

I don't want to get something like the aspire bdc and have it perform the same or worse.

Thanks in advance!

cloudcity

ECF Veteran
Oct 6, 2013
Boston MA
These look exciting.
But what difference does the bdc give over a bcc

If you watch PBusardo's review, he takes the coil apart. It is a VERY different design from the same standard BCC atomizers you get in protanks, davides etc...

Here are screen shots, from busardos review... (might take a few posts... and since I'm new here, I have NO idea if screenshots are ok????? - Hope so, and apologies if not!)

Screen Shot 2013-10-15 at 4.52.28 AM.jpg
Screen Shot 2013-10-15 at 4.53.15 AM.jpg
Screen Shot 2013-10-15 at 4.54.43 AM.jpg
Screen Shot 2013-10-15 at 4.55.00 AM.jpg
Screen Shot 2013-10-15 at 4.55.30 AM.jpg

It looks like the atomizer has a carto-like filler (for flavor?) inside the shell. Inside that shell is the actual atty which has 2 coils (protected so not to burn the rubber seal, and a heating filler (that might also help with flavor) lining the shell... A much different and seemingly more thought out BCC design than the standard Kanger / EVOD/ Davide coils we've seen so far... I like!
Here's his review, he gives this thing some really high marks.

cloudcity

ECF Veteran
Oct 6, 2013
Boston MA
Got mine today (the pyrex Pt style.)

Unfortunately the one i got gurgled on the 2nd draw and continued to gurgle worse and worse until it leaked out all over my battery :mad:

I cleaned it out and filled it again and the same thing... No vapor, all gurgle and leaking.

Checked the seals, everything was tightly sealed together both times... I'm hoping I just got one with a bad seal...

Bummed, was looking forward to vaping this thing all day ...

h8louzn

Oct 7, 2013
nev

h8louzn

Oct 7, 2013
nev
Got mine today (the pyrex Pt style.)

Unfortunately the one i got gurgled on the 2nd draw and continued to gurgle worse and worse until it leaked out all over my battery :mad:

I cleaned it out and filled it again and the same thing... No vapor, all gurgle and leaking.

Checked the seals, everything was tightly sealed together both times... I'm hoping I just got one with a bad seal...

Bummed, was looking forward to vaping this thing all day ...

My small one was the same way. I tightened the coil and no more issues.. Hope this helps ya..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread