Aspire BDC - First 2 Days Review

Status
Not open for further replies.

TOC5SFG

ECF Veteran
Feb 8, 2014
Hidden Hills, CA
^The Nautilus costs more than I wanted to pay but it's a nice tank for sure. They're sold out everywhere, which is always a good sign.

The Nautilus is my only non-RBA/RDA these days. I grabbed a few and use them fairly frequently. Great vapor, love the onboard air-controller, dig the look.

The Aspire BDC never did it for me, regardless of what I'd attached it to.

De Oppresso Liber

djezewski

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 31, 2013
Wayland, New York, United States
Sadly, I am having the exact opposite results. I am going through coils in 2-3 days, where my PT2 coils will go for 2-3 weeks. Not sure why, but this is going to be an expensive tank if this keeps up! I'm hoping it is subpar quality coils and that the next order of coils will fix the problem, only time will tell!

I am finding I can go much much longer with a BSC than a BDC. I have had them either fail after 1-2 times even with cleaning in Everclear..or the taste is so muted the juice tastes nasty. I am thinking I may just DC tanks to SC tanks.

EmE247

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 8, 2014
Los Angeles, CA
New to vaping. Started with my eVic and Aspire BDC.

Question for those that know about Mech Mods and the Kayfun RBAs...
1. Will the vape on a Mech/KF be that much more better than the eVic/Aspire?
2. Will the flavor be more intense on a Mech/KF?
3. Will i enjoy vaping that much more?

Thanks in advance.

PaulBHC

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 22, 2014
Arizona
Collected 5 gunked coils. Made 5 single coils with 30ga 9 wraps on a 16ga needle. Twisted cotton wick. Watched Rip Tripper's videos on Nautilus and BDC rebuilds. Made two. Had a hard time getting the cap back on. Filler is a pain. Ruined the rubber insolator on one. Second one didn't flow right. Took apart, removed filler, works great with one coil. Tests 2.2 on itaste VV V3.

4redstars

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
Chicago
I tried rebuilding the Aspire BDC coil last night and failed miserably lol!

I kept getting really low ohm readings and I didn't have the light to really see what I was doing...I never really fired it cause I kept testing with the ohm meter and never felt comfortable using it.

I'm going to try again but first I have to figure out what I was doing wrong.

Otherwise I love my Aspire BDCs but it's been cold in chicago and I have to fire them with high voltage or they leak like crazy.

Nice review. The aspire BDC is my goto tank. For whatever reason, the large pyrex ones never worked that well for me - off taste, inconsistent. But the little cheap plastic clearos they sell for like $8 work great...go figure. Also have the metal tank with the window - seems to maintain a metallic taste for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread