Aspire BDC - junk?

Status
Not open for further replies.

thatguy188

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2014
Charleston, SC
Let me start off by saying I am brand new to vaping, matter of fact, it's been 7 days and 1 hour since I bought this kit.

I am on my 2nd coil as the first one started to taste horrible, like metal, no matter what voltage I used.

Earlier my 2nd coil barely produced any vapor so after a bit of reading I decided to clean it.

I washed it out under hot tap water, then put it in boiling water for 10 minutes. Put it in the oven for an hour at 200 degrees to make it nice and dry again.

Dry burned it 5 times, coils lit up at 2nd try.

Well now it tastes even worse than my 1st coil did. Nasty, strong, metal taste.

I don't use dark e-liquid, I do use "Menthol Tobacco" with 6 drops of "Sweet Charleston" by ecigcharleston.

As mentioned in the subject, it's an Aspire BDC and I'm just trying to get some insight as to why they seem to be going to crap so quick.

Btw it's a 2.1 ohm coil and I tried voltages between 3.3 and 4.

I also ordered a Protank 3 yesterday, hope it gets better :eek:

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Ca Ike

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2014
Cali
The aspire bdc uses similar heads to the pro tank 2. My guess is you didn't prime the coil first and let it soak in and clean the tank before using it the first time. My aspire came with a lot of machining residue and tooling oils taste like hot metal. Get new heads and soak the tank in rubbing alcohol overnight then rinse really well.

Now the pro tank 3 you ordered can be touchy. Make sure the coil head is screwed in tight then when you put it on your batt, go no more than 1/4 turn past where it makes contact with the center pin on the batt

thatguy188

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2014
Charleston, SC
I've put in 4 drops into the coils (how the lady at ecigcharleston told me) and put juice in and let it sit for 10 minutes.

Anyways, I put my 3rd coils in now, tastes OK again.

I also ordered 4 new juices from lucky 7 vapors.

One of the reasons I started vaping was 1) to quit smoking (haven't had a cig since I started a week ago) and 2) save money.

If I go on a crazy spending spree bow the wife would kick my you know what :p

thatguy188

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2014
Charleston, SC
While I'm at it, could it be I'm using knockoffs or do the tanks/coils always say "MyStart"? It seems to be the thing ecigcharleston uses.

tubezyja.jpg

thatguy188

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2014
Charleston, SC
I bought 2 of the same tanks and some replacement coils at ecigCharleston and have nothing but good things to say about them. Pretty sure everything they sell is repackaged for them under the My start name.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Maybe I just have bad luck or am too stupid to use em lol.

We'll see how the pt3 does.

wheelie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 12, 2014
Ont. Canada
www.independentont.com
I've put in 4 drops into the coils (how the lady at ecigcharleston told me) and put juice in and let it sit for 10 minutes.

Anyways, I put my 3rd coils in now, tastes OK again.

I also ordered 4 new juices from lucky 7 vapors.

One of the reasons I started vaping was 1) to quit smoking (haven't had a cig since I started a week ago) and 2) save money.

If I go on a crazy spending spree bow the wife would kick my you know what
:p

Better bend over and tell her to make it a good one. Don't think I am saving anything but I keep myself entertained maintaining them. But have not smoked in months.

_JB_

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 9, 2014
Michigan
I bought an Aspire ET-S BDC because I needed a glass tank. The 1st half of the first tank was good then it started putting out less vapor and got that metallic taste so I cleaned it real well and let it air dry. The 2nd tank was no better than the second half of the 1st tank. Its a dust collector now.

Last edited:

thatguy188

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2014
Charleston, SC
I bought an Aspire ET-S BDC because I needed a glass tank. The 1st half of the first tank was good then it started putting out less vapor and got that metallic taste so I cleaned it real well and let it air dry. The 2nd tank was no better than the second half of the 1st tank. Its a dust collector now.

What is it you're using now and what kind of setup?

Thanks!

Markus765

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 31, 2014
Nipomo, Ca
I use the Aspire BDC's on a Spinner, 2.1 (or 2.2, can't remember which) @ 3.8 or 3.9 & don't have any problems. When I change a coil I put the new one in, drag easily on it a few times, then vape away. No problems at all, don't have to put any drops on it, or let it sit for long or anything. Maybe I'm just lucky?

_JB_

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 9, 2014
Michigan
What is it you're using now and what kind of setup?

Thanks!
I replaced the Aspire with a Mini PT2 and I like it real well. I also still use the 1st bottom coil tank I ever had which is a Vision V-Tox. Those work about as well as the Mini PT2 but are plastic so there are juice limitations. These have other advantages compared to the Aspire too. The can be rebuilt quite easily weather it be a new coil and wick or just a wick. The Aspire is one the more challenging rebuilds IMO. I use these tanks with all my batteries but they work best with the VV Batteries. I like my coils at 1.8 Ohms.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread