Aspire cf sub ohm battery with rda?

Status
Not open for further replies.

anthonyiro

Mar 24, 2015
Michigan USA
Hi i have the aspire cf sub ohm regulated battery(mod i guess) is it safe to use that with a rda? specifically i ordered the tobh rda. my battery says it can take from .2-.8 ohms i understand all the safety with building coils so i dont need any of that and also if i was to build a less ohm for exampe a .2 would that kill my battery quicker than a .8? Thank you!-anthony:)

Hi i have the aspire cf sub ohm regulated battery(mod i guess) is it safe to use that with a rda? specifically i ordered the tobh rda. my battery says it can take from .2-.8 ohms i understand all the safety with building coils so i dont need any of that and also if i was to build a less ohm for exampe a .2 would that kill my battery quicker than a .8? Thank you!-anthony:)
Yes it would kill your battery quicker the lower build you go as the lower you go in ohms requires more volts from your battery. I wouldn't recommend an RDA for that battery, I would recommend the Aspire Atlantis or the Kanger Sub mini... IMHO

Thrasher

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2012
Madeira beach, Fla
Yes it would kill your battery quicker the lower build you go as the lower you go in ohms requires more volts from your battery. I wouldn't recommend an RDA for that battery, I would recommend the Aspire Atlantis or the Kanger Sub mini... IMHO

Correction- lower resistance pulls more watts which pulls more amps. Voltage does not increase.

Ohms are ohms the battery sees no difference where they are coming from.
Dripper, kayfun, genesis does not matter, if it is rated to handle the coils you put in them it will run

Correction- lower resistance pulls more watts which pulls more amps. Voltage does not increase.

Ohms are ohms the battery sees no difference where they are coming from.
Dripper, kayfun, genesis does not matter, if it is rated to handle the coils you put in them it will run
Yeah you're exactly right!

Cacique

ECF Veteran
May 4, 2014
Orlando, FL
Check your mod, I have the CF Mod, the one you put the 18360 battery in instead of charging through USB, but they might both have the same limits. If it's the same, you can only go as low as .3 ohms. Make sure your battery can handle what you're trying to do and you'll be fine. I've used mine with an RDA before and it worked fine, unless you want to go below .3.

nyiddle

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 9, 2014
USA. State: Inebriated.
what would happen if i got very close too 1.0 ohm? would that ruin my battery

No -- while it depends on what kind of wire you're using/how many wraps/around what mandrel -- you'd probably have a tough time getting 1 ohms to heat in a reasonable amount of time. There'd likely be some "ramp-up" time, ie: press button and start inhaling, keep inhaling for a couple seconds, moderate amount of vapor even if you really chug on it. The flavor would likely be pretty good, you'll just have to deal with the minor delay. But you might be into that, idk.

TheotherSteveS

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2015
Birmingham, England
okay gotcha and lets say i went under .2 that would kill my battery extremely quick or possibly over heat it?

both I reckon!!

Lets say the battery is providing 4.2V across your coil at full charge. With a 0.2ohm load, this amounts to 88 watts....!!

Last edited:

TheotherSteveS

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2015
Birmingham, England
IMG_1992.jpg

CF sub-ohm with Marquis atop! Looks like they were made for each other! The build is dual 26g at around 1ohm as far as I remember..a bit slow to ramp up but great when it does. Best with a freshly charged mod!

Netop

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 25, 2015
Providence, RI
I have had no problem with a few different builds in my Kanger SubTank Mini on on the CF Sub. I'm still a newb, and wanted to explore rebuilding. Built a couple of 28g Kanthal coils just to compare to the 1.2 stock OCC from Kanger. Worked fine on both Istick 30w and CF Sub. Recently I got some testers of some very strong Naturally Extracted Tobacco juice. Strong flavor and 18mg (I am vaping 12mg). Too much for the me on CF Sub with 4.2 V. So, I built a built a 1.9 Ohm coil (30g Kanthal) , figuring it would be comparable to my Naut Mini. (Wasn't going to throw that Tobacco juice in the mii, because it gunks coils like it's getting paid.) Pretty good luck with that one also on both devices. Smokes a bit like a pipe, rather then a cig- long smooth draws rather than strong quick drags. It works for that liquid but

Also, I've thrown the Naut mini on the CF. It'll hit around 9.5w. 9.5w???... Yeah, it ain't much and people are cranking an order of magnitude higher these days, but for sitting around the house, I can vape that all night without over nicking (or blowing through half a bottle of juice). More of a relaxed kinda lounging around vape, rather than a "smoke break" nicotine fix sorta vape.
In short… just worry about the low end. If it's over .5 and it looks good, slap it on there.

anthonyiro

Mar 24, 2015
Michigan USA
hey how do i know how many watts its taking and how do i know how many watts is ok? i order an ohm reader it has a place to screw on your battery also to check for volts or whatever. again im new too this so idk the terminology . should i not worry about that as long as im using the correct ohms?

Aspire - Aspire CF SUB? Battery heres the exact battery with all the specs

I have the same battery (if you're talking about the one that screws straight into the charger to charge, not the one you put an 18650 in) and I used to use it with a TOBH. If you are talking about the CF sub ohm battery, not the CF mod, it will not fire down below .4ohms. When I was using it for my RDA I tried to build it about .6 or .7, which wasn't that hard to do. It works OK when it is fully charged, but as the battery drains it lags (takes longer to heat up the coils) If you build below .4, it will not fire, the button will just flash. It does not last too long when using it that way, and since you have to plug it in to charge instead of swapping out the battery, it's kind of a PITA. It will at least give you an idea if you're going to like an RDA, though, without having to spend money on a different mod.

ETA: It's somewhat regulated, so as long as you are building within the specs of the battery (that link says .3, but in my experience it needs to be .4 or higher or it will not fire) it is not going to be dangerous. Someone will be along shortly I'm sure to tell you the specifics of wattage, etc. But if the battery is too low to safely fire, it will not allow it to fire, nor will it fire if the build is too low or if there is a short.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread