Aspire mini nova issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aaron1100us

ECF Veteran
Jul 26, 2013
iowa
I'm really liking the Aspire mini bdc but it falls apart if its in your pocket.

The bottom of it that screws onto your PV is only press fitted onto the part that screws onto the bottom of the plastic tank. It will rock back and forth until it comes apart. No glue, just pressed on wih an o-ring. It really needs to be threaded.

Is the full size Aspire BDC the same?

Sent from my SCH-R760 using Tapatalk 2

WarHawk-AVG

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 27, 2013
H-Town
Are those the ones that look like the iClear 16's or CE4s's?
aspireego%20(1).jpg

Yeah...solution

I got a tube of superglue gel, disassemble, rock back and forth and pull that ring off the clear tank (set the bottom ring and innards aside), gently put a incredibly thin bead of glue towards the bottom of the tank on the lip that goes inside the ring, push back in the ring that is sitting on a flat surface (give it a gentle tap to seat it), use some paper towel to make sure no excess glue squeezed out and got into the threads where the knurled bottom goes) let it dry at least 24hrs before using....be very careful not to get excess glue on your fingers or on the tank because it will smudge and look not so pretty (ask me how I know)

They are just press fit and if you wiggle them, they will come loose

Good luck

WarHawk-AVG

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 27, 2013
H-Town
Those are tank style...they don't have threads like a regular vivi nova mini? The top and bottom knurled ring on the Vivi nova mini's unscrew off the tank...hmm

Don't glue those!! You won't be able to change the heads out!!!!

Investigating...don't do anything permanent yet!!!!!!

OK, the way to know if you can do it permanent is if you can remove the coilpack and bottom piece separately, if they are ONE UNIT, do not make the fix permanent or you will not be able to get to the coil to replace it, if its a little module that screws into the bottom piece then you can glue the bottom piece to the tank.

On the regular top coil vivi nova the entire bottom cap unscrews off the tank
OK, I think I found an image, the bottom appears to be threaded not press fit
Aspire_Mini_Vivi_Nova_BDC_3-800x800.jpg

If yours does this...don't glue the ring on the tank!

I do see what you are talking about now though...the screw on knurled ring piece and the base plate separated because they are pressed together (regular vivi nova is one piece, new design so new engineering)...gluing may work (metal on metal super gluing isn't the strongest bond though)..just don't get any glue on the threads or that gasket

Follow what I am saying

Other solution might be to get some vice grips and see if you can gently squeeze just the ring where the base plate and knurled ring meet (but you have to be crazy gentle)

Suxors that such a new device is already showing weaknesses...

P.S. sorry for the way I posted..I was investigating and didn't want you to make a irreversible mistake

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread