The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Aspire Nautilus gurgling and leaking!

Discussion in 'New Members Forum' started by cajundog1, May 4, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. cajundog1

cajundog1 Full Member

May 4, 2014
    United States
    I've been a smoker most of my life and decided to try vaping although I was skeptical that anything would end my love/hate relationship with cigs. I ordered an egot/evod kit and was blown away by the results. Vaping only with a comparable pg eliquid for my brand for an entire month! That was monumental for me! Then I got really frustrated when one of my batteries fell apart and with the continual flooding/gurgling/leaking/liquid in my mouth issues!

I wanted to find something better because I wanted to continue vaping rather than go back to the dreaded weeds, so I looked at tons of info, even though I didn't understand a lot of the techy stuff, read lots of reviews and decided to give the Aspire Nautilus a try, along with the eVic battery. Both are huge, but I liked the idea of not having to change liquids and batteries so much.

Long story short, the Nautilus has flooded/gurgled/leaked through the air holes and shot liquid in my mouth from the start!!! I've taken it apart several times, blown through it, changed the head to the extra one supplied, tightened everything, opened up the holes, ramped up the watts, and still the same problems! Is it the PG liquid I'm still using? What am i doing wrong??? Is it really that hard to vape efficiently???

I read a post on the forum from Jazzman that suggested this: "Proper way: Hold the device level with the ground... straight out. And put the air flow hole facing directly down and blow through the drip tip; gently, hard however you want directly into a paper towel. Cleared in 2 seconds. Total non-event. The idea is to let the juice settle to the bottom of the air channel so it can blow out. Sounds obvious now, but I totally missed it somehow."

Blowing through the DRIP TIP has totally cleared up my problem for now and I am grateful for the advice but I still want to know why the thing is flooding in the first place! Any input would be greatly appreciated and please explain in newbie terms. I'm still learning.
    Thanks!

2. Clark F

Clark F Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 18, 2014
    Tempe, AZ
    I've only had mine a few weeks but never had any problems with it, actually I just took it apart and in the process of cleaning it and putting in a new coil.

Did it just start or has it been giving problems from the beginning?

3. db13berry

db13berry Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 24, 2011
    USA
    I had that problem with the original coil that came in my Nautilus. I think some of these tanks are coming with bad coils. My replacement coil is better. The Nautilus is still around #4 in my preferred tank line up though.

Sent from my couch using Tapatalk.

4. cajundog1

cajundog1 Full Member

May 4, 2014
    United States
    Hi. It has been leaking since the beginning. I am using one of the atomizers that came with it. The first one fell apart. I ordered 5 Nautilus replacements but haven't tried one of them yet.

5. edyle

edyle ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

A bottom coil tank (bcc tank) has the coil at the bottom, so there is necessarily a hole in the bottom of the tank where the wick comes through so that the liquid gets to the coil via the wick.
    This is where the liquid is supposed to pass; if the wick is too small, too much liquid and go through.
    If you use a tight draw, the suction tends to draw liquid through the hole.

Another way that a bcc can leak is if the top of the atomizer head isn't sealing properly to the center tube so suction tends to draw liquid directly from the tank into the center tube and you hear gurgling.

6. Miata GT

Miata GT Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Nov 28, 2013
    Largo, FL
    Ms. GT has 3 Aspire now and has not had any issues with gurgling, etc. I have read a couple of threads where people did and there was a question whether the devices were clones. Hopefully that's not the case with yours!

7. Mofastermo

Mofastermo Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 27, 2014
    Rolla, MO, USA
    What I have found on mine is...

A thinner juice needs more air, your draw will suck more juice in like a straw on the 2 smallest holes.
    The smaller holes need more heat, so I crank up the watts or use the 2 larger holes.
    If I put mine on a Nemesis it doesn't gurgle but the room looks like a sauna.

8. crazywes

crazywes Full Member

May 3, 2014
    east texas
    Ive noticed some center tubes are looser than others. Mine is tight and is hard to remove but never leaks. While my friends is loose fitting with a small gap and floods regularly.

If Im on the side of the trail posting ... its because Im waiting for you to catch up.

9. edyle

btw have you checked the verification code on the aspire site;

there are counterfiet products out there;

10. Clark F

Clark F Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 18, 2014
    Tempe, AZ
    Try some new coils first, as sounds like some have issues. Another thing is to keep an eye on tightness of the bottom of the tank to the evic battery. Make sure it's not to tight, just enough to make good contact.

11. cajundog1

cajundog1 Full Member

May 4, 2014
    United States
    Thanks everyone for your input. I just checked the verification code and it is authentic so that is not the problem. I've been using the largest hole now so that doesn't seem to be the problem either.

12. edyle

What do you mean fell apart?

Aspire - Aspire Product Verification

13. edyle

How is the airflow. Tight or loose.

When you hold the tank up to your ear and fire the power, do you hear the sound of the atomizer; is the sound immediate, or does it start low and grow after a couple seconds.

14. cajundog1

cajundog1 Full Member

May 4, 2014
    United States
    I just put in a new coil. When I put it back together, the liquid came flooding out of the holes. Why would it do that? I took it off the battery, blew through the tip into a paper towel and that seems to have cleared it for now. It's hard to decide what is to tight or too loose with the connections. I've tried all ways and nothing seems to make a difference.

15. cajundog1

cajundog1 Full Member

May 4, 2014
    United States
    It starts low and grows.

16. cajundog1

cajundog1 Full Member

May 4, 2014
    United States
    The little tip with the holes in it fell out and I lost it, so I went to the second one they sent.

17. Merryhellion

Merryhellion Super Member ECF Veteran

Dec 27, 2013
    Burlington, WI, USA
    Some of the original box coils are indeed the suck. A replacement coil seems to fix that; I've got three nautilus now and have had that problem with a couple of them

Oh, also...before you hit on it starting out a vape session, make sure you actually have an open air hole or it can flood instead of giving you a hit =)

18. cajundog1

cajundog1 Full Member

May 4, 2014
    United States
    More fluid through the holes just now. What????

19. cajundog1

cajundog1 Full Member

May 4, 2014
    United States
    It starts low and grows. What does that mean?

20. edyle

I don't know what you mean by the little tip with the holes.
    If there is a second one in the box, then that sounds like the atomizer head; is that what you are talking about?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.