Status
Not open for further replies.

edyle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2013
Port-of-Spain, Trinidad & Tobago
It starts low and grows. What does that mean?

It means either the coil might be flooded or the power level is too low.

What power level is the evic at? It should work about 8 watts I think, for the dual coil.

And fill the tank about half way up (just so I know you got liquid in the tank and not pouring down the center tube.)
Don't put liquid down the center tube; that is for air and vape; if you put liquid down the center tube the tank will be flooded and leaking till that liquid comes out.

cajundog1

May 4, 2014
United States
The power was at 5 something the default so I have switched it to 8 watts. Took me a while to figure that out!!! I have been VERY careful about not pouring liquid down the center tube. I learned that lesson early.

Why are the instructions included with these products so sparse? I mean I can follow instructions if they are given!

Last edited:

docspears

Verified Member
Mar 31, 2014
Tacoma, WA
I would check the coil and make sure that it's screwed into the bottom fairly snug. When mine was flooding and leaking i noticed that there was a crack in the top portion of the glass. This was effecting the seal on the tank and no matter how many times i turned it upside down and blew it out, it would still gurgle and flood. I have since bought a SS tank and haven't had a problem with it since.

edyle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2013
Port-of-Spain, Trinidad & Tobago
The power was at 5 something the default so I have switched it to 8 watts. Took me a while to figure that out!!! I have been VERY careful about not pouring liquid down the center tube. I learned that lesson early.

Why are the instructions included with these products so sparse? I mean I can follow instructions if they are given!

The instuctions are in Chinese :)

cajundog1

May 4, 2014
United States
By overfilling do you mean more than half way? No, not really although you know it's supposed to hold a lot more than that. I got so frustrated with it yesterday, I just left it standing on my counter. This morning, the juice had been leaking through the holes with it just standing there. I don't know what is wrong but something definitely is. Should I ask for an exchange??? Lots of people say they love this tank, so I must have a defective one.

So the Nautilus I bought yesterday is leaking somewhere, somehow, fairly decently. It gurggled pretty quickly from first fill, before I even assumed the tank would have been primed. And now I am seeing my box doesn't have any kind of security code that I can find? It passes the "original" tests on everything else, except maybe the box corners, but where is the security code supposed to be?

Jscheiben

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 21, 2014
Ontario, Canada
So the Nautilus I bought yesterday is leaking somewhere, somehow, fairly decently. It gurggled pretty quickly from first fill, before I even assumed the tank would have been primed. And now I am seeing my box doesn't have any kind of security code that I can find? It passes the "original" tests on everything else, except maybe the box corners, but where is the security code supposed to be?

The security code is located on the bottom of the box just under the barcode. At least that's where mine is, it has a scratch off covering. Also for the OP I would recommend trying to exchange it. I've had mine for ~2 weeks now and have yet to have any issues even with the included coils.

Sandylp

ECF Veteran
Feb 26, 2014
California
www.sandyp.com
I've never had a problem with flooding after using several atomizers in the Nautilus, until I put in a new onel and it leaked all over the place. I took it apart, cleaned it and reassembled it, but it still leaked, gurgled, etc. Put in a new coil and everything is fine, so I just assume it must have been a bad coil.

sven1olaf

May 8, 2014
Minneapolis
2 things I've found to pay attention to with the Nautilus are:

Make sure the atty is screwed in firmly to the base

Make sure the bottom portion is screwed to the top portion firmly. Use the knurled metal portions to screw the bottom to the tank and top after filling.
Good luck. I have 2 aspires and they both work near flawlessly. At times I get dry hits but that is fixed by using the smallest air hole and sucking 15 times, then quickly switching to largest air hole and watching for the bubble to rise up into the tank. This gives visual feed ask that juice is entering the atty.

Hope that helps

Sent from my Note2 using Tapatalk 2

Couple thoughts.

1. If the atomizer head fell out on it's own I'd make sure when you install the next one you crank it down really well. Could've potentially been loose from the beginning.

2. You mentioned starting at 5 watts, then bumping up to 8. My guess is you're still on the very cool side of the range for powering the atomizer. The aspire comes with 1.6 or 1.8 ohm dual coils. So you have 2 coils in each atomizer, each coil is actually 3.2 and 3.6 ohms. At 10-12 watts you're right in the sweet spot. If you're underpowering the head, you could be drawing in liquid quicker than the head can vaoporize it. So it'll accumulate then start to gurgle, slurp and pop.

Last edited:

Arprok13

Verified Member
Mar 28, 2014
New Haven, CT
I have the SAME problem with my brand new nautilus.

These are the two things I tried:

1) I filled it with about 4.5 ml fairy viscous liquid and I vaped it for 2 hours with the 1.6 ohm. I was constantly getting flooding which i would clear by blowing the liquid out through the air hole. I lost about 1.5 ml in that time.

2) I switched to the 1.8 ohm coil and had about 3 ml in the tank. I literally took 1 hit and put my mod down and went to bed. woke up in the morning with the mod sitting in a puddle of e liquid.

I returned it because I think there might be some quality issues with manufacturing. my friend bought 2 because he loved the nautilus so much. It should be straight forward without all these issues.:mad:

Steve320

Apr 29, 2014
New jersey
It flooded because either the coil came unscrewed while you screwed your tank back on after filling it or your wick is going in your coil.i had both of those issues.oh btw the nautilus coils arent made very well and if u take one apart you will see what I mean.also cleaning the cool out when switching flavored really kills it fast.but I'm sad to say that the problems get worse.u will experience extreme flavor loss soon if not already.u may aswell do what I did,grab some kanthall and cotton n make a coil and you will absolutely love this tank!

renorat

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 24, 2014
Reno, Nevada, United States
Couple thoughts.

1. If the atomizer head fell out on it's own I'd make sure when you install the next one you crank it down really well. Could've potentially been loose from the beginning.

2. You mentioned starting at 5 watts, then bumping up to 8. My guess is you're still on the very cool side of the range for powering the atomizer. The aspire comes with 1.6 or 1.8 ohm dual coils. So you have 2 coils in each atomizer, each coil is actually 3.2 and 3.6 ohms. At 10-12 watts you're right in the sweet spot. If you're underpowering the head, you could be drawing in liquid quicker than the head can vaoporize it. So it'll accumulate then start to gurgle, slurp and pop.

Is the calculation of 3.2-3.6 correct in this case? A dual coil still registers as 1.8 on the ohm meter and this is saying people need to effectively double what the ohm meter says. Seems odd, could someone please advise? All I have are dual coils and all show 1.7-2.0 on my MVP so am I running the wattage far too low at 8?

cajundog1

May 4, 2014
United States
UPDATE to my original posts: I did everything that everyone suggested, (which was all great advice, and I thank you) including using both atomizer heads that came with the kit and then switching to one of the extras I bought, which are 1.6 ohms and still had the mess leaking through the air holes. I just put it away, and requested a replacement. After a day or two, I picked it up again and decided to try it one more time. Low and behold, it worked like a charm!! and has ever since!!! Apparently the culprits were the bad heads that came with the kit and it just took a while for all of the liquid to get out of the bottom and through the air holes. I am using 8 watts now instead of the 5.2 my eVic recommends and have not had any more problems at all!!! I retracted my request for a replacement. Hope this helps someone else with the same problems.

TheseColorsDontRun

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
MD
Just got my Nautilus today. Vaping Helios Meteor at 9.5-10w on a Vamo V5 (Provari v2.5 should be here by the end of the week!). Alternating between the 1.4mm and 1.8mm air holes. Filled her up, started vaping, was pretty good. After about 2ml vaped, I noticed a gurgle and diminished vapor production. I turned the tank upside down and a few drops of condensation dripped out. After that cleared, nice clouds and no gurgling. I figure I'll tip it over every few ml vaped and clear it out. For S&Gs I checked my security code and it's authentic.

I never had normal condensation gurgle a PT2. My take is that the mount for the drip tip on the PT2 is flat, allowing condensation to collect there. The tip of the Nautilus is angled down toward the coils, allowing condensation to drip back down in there. No big deal, easy enough to tip it or blow it out every hour.

I'm happy with the performance overall.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread