Aspire Nautilus gurgling and leaking!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arprok13

Verified Member
Mar 28, 2014
New Haven, CT
UPDATE to my original posts: I did everything that everyone suggested, (which was all great advice, and I thank you) including using both atomizer heads that came with the kit and then switching to one of the extras I bought, which are 1.6 ohms and still had the mess leaking through the air holes. I just put it away, and requested a replacement. After a day or two, I picked it up again and decided to try it one more time. Low and behold, it worked like a charm!! and has ever since!!! Apparently the culprits were the bad heads that came with the kit and it just took a while for all of the liquid to get out of the bottom and through the air holes. I am using 8 watts now instead of the 5.2 my eVic recommends and have not had any more problems at all!!! I retracted my request for a replacement. Hope this helps someone else with the same problems.

Sorry I'm confused. So you tried both coils and a third which all leaked. Then you put it away. Did you put it away with the liquid still in the tank? If so, you let the liquid completely leak out the air holes better trying again?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

cajundog1

May 4, 2014
United States
Sorry I'm confused. So you tried both coils and a third which all leaked. Then you put it away. Did you put it away with the liquid still in the tank? If so, you let the liquid completely leak out the air holes better trying again?

Yes, I tried 3 different coils and all seemed to leak, however, the last one actually wasn't leaking. I believe liquid was trapped inside the bottom section, where the air holes are. I left it alone standing upright with liquid still in the tank for probably a day, and after all of the trapped liquid leaked out, the third coil worked fine. I'm still using the third coil without incident.

Arprok13

Verified Member
Mar 28, 2014
New Haven, CT
Thanks for the info. I returned my nautilis. But they returning it because they found no issues after using it for a few days with the same coils. Don't get me started on that company policy. It's baffling. Long story short..I need to figure out the reason for the flooding. This thread has helped me with some starting points

tgreider

Apr 15, 2014
West End, NC
A bottom coil tank (bcc tank) has the coil at the bottom, so there is necessarily a hole in the bottom of the tank where the wick comes through so that the liquid gets to the coil via the wick.
This is where the liquid is supposed to pass; if the wick is too small, too much liquid and go through.
If you use a tight draw, the suction tends to draw liquid through the hole.

Another way that a bcc can leak is if the top of the atomizer head isn't sealing properly to the center tube so suction tends to draw liquid directly from the tank into the center tube and you hear gurgling.

Believe it or not edyle hit the nail on the head with his First suggestion. I would never go beneath the second hole on the Nautilus for air flow. I hope you like a slightly airy draw. I myself use the largest hole without any problems. Never had a dry hit or gurgling. It's so good that I bought another and suggest it to all. Fantastic draw and flavor.

Hello All,

its been almost 3 months i vape and no longer use analog, last week i got my nautilus and yesterday its leaking pretty bad after i cleaned it up. i look up everywhere on the net which would caused the problem. I tried new coil, its still leaking. disassemble it a couple times, that include soak the base in warm water, drying it up with hair dryer and blow through the air holes. its still leaking.

And finally this morning i found the culprit .. it was the rubber O-ring on the top which i put it upside down.

:)

thegreyghost

Verified Member
Sep 25, 2012
Queens, NY
I've been a smoker most of my life and decided to try vaping although I was skeptical that anything would end my love/hate relationship with cigs. I ordered an egot/evod kit and was blown away by the results. Vaping only with a comparable pg eliquid for my brand for an entire month! That was monumental for me! Then I got really frustrated when one of my batteries fell apart and with the continual flooding/gurgling/leaking/liquid in my mouth issues!

I wanted to find something better because I wanted to continue vaping rather than go back to the dreaded weeds, so I looked at tons of info, even though I didn't understand a lot of the techy stuff, read lots of reviews and decided to give the Aspire Nautilus a try, along with the eVic battery. Both are huge, but I liked the idea of not having to change liquids and batteries so much.

Long story short, the Nautilus has flooded/gurgled/leaked through the air holes and shot liquid in my mouth from the start!!! I've taken it apart several times, blown through it, changed the head to the extra one supplied, tightened everything, opened up the holes, ramped up the watts, and still the same problems! Is it the PG liquid I'm still using? What am i doing wrong??? Is it really that hard to vape efficiently???

I read a post on the forum from Jazzman that suggested this: "Proper way: Hold the device level with the ground... straight out. And put the air flow hole facing directly down and blow through the drip tip; gently, hard however you want directly into a paper towel. Cleared in 2 seconds. Total non-event. The idea is to let the juice settle to the bottom of the air channel so it can blow out. Sounds obvious now, but I totally missed it somehow."

Blowing through the DRIP TIP has totally cleared up my problem for now and I am grateful for the advice but I still want to know why the thing is flooding in the first place! Any input would be greatly appreciated and please explain in newbie terms. I'm still learning.
Thanks!

Did you ever get to the bottom of this? If so, what solution worked for you?

I initially ran into this problem after a couple refills of my Nautilus. What helped me was to undo the base and clean it out really well. I would run water through it and make sure I got all the juice out, then make sure the water is cleared out as well (compressed air cans work wonders). Afterwards, I will put the coil back in, but do not torque it down into the base, just make sure it's secure.

After a proper cleaning, as you're vaping, make sure that if you use the two smallest air holes, don't pull so hard. This causes the ejuice to flood the base again. I usually vape on the second to smallest hole and when I start to hear the slightest gurgle, I will open it to the largest air hole and continue to vape on it until all the excess juice is burnt off.

It also helps occasionally to just turn the nautilus up as you vape sometimes so that you can burn off the excess juice brought to your coils.

These methods have worked for me so far :D

cajundog1

May 4, 2014
United States
Did you ever get to the bottom of this? If so, what solution worked for you?

Yes, I did! I finally made it to a vape store and they checked it all out for me! Come to find out, the top of the glass where the tip screwed on was cracked!!!! I bought a stainless one and have been a very happy Aspire Nautilus vaper ever since!!!:)

A 100% guaranteed fix to stop your brand new beautiful Aspire Nautilus from gurgling, leaking and/or spitting ejuice into your mouth. I found that the leak is occurring at the chimney and coil threads in the unit.
You will need:
1) Aspire Nautilus
2) 5mm “O” ring. Go and rummage through those extra “O” ring packs that come with the Atomizer clones from China. Most of the packs will have two size rings, one or two about 20mm in diameter and a smaller one about 5mm in diameter. Anything in the vicinity of 5mm to 7mm will be fine.

The fix:
1) Unscrew the bottom of the Aspire Nautilus. You should now be staring at the bottom of the atomiser and the still installed, male end, of a coil and its housing.
2) Take your 5mm “O” ring and fit it over the protruding coil housing. Push the “O” ring just past the threading you can see on the coil enclosure.
3) Screw the atomizer back into the Nautilus top half. The female end of the chimney, part of the top portion of the atomizer, will engage the coil thread and push the “O” ring into its proper place. It’s self aligning – cool!

The Nautilus chimney and coil are not only aligned but now sealed at that juncture. Pour in your favourite and vape away. No more gurgling, leaking and/or spitting ejuice.

Cheers,
Murray.

Frenchfry1942

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 12, 2014
Mine seems to flood a lot. I just got 3 of them and am using the ones that came in the box. I held it on its side with the largest air hole face down and blew through the drip tip. A lot came out of the air hole. I held a paper towel below the air hole.

It seems to do it each time I fill the tank. Doing the steps that I mention above seems to fix it for that currently filled tank.

Next, I will use a separately purchased BVC and make sure that all is properly tight before I fill it.

I am trying to eliminate causes. I'll post here how it turns out.

Hope helps

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread