Aspire Nautilus Mini - does it sound right for me?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hotwire

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 20, 2010
England
Okay I vape 6mg cheap Hangseng type juices in the day on an EVOD and pleasure vape 0mg gourmet juices (Space Jam, Suicide Bunny) juices on a subtank at night as cannot vape nic at night or don't sleep.

I use a COOLFIRE 4 for the subtanks and an EGO battery for the evods.

After vaping even my cheap Hangseng juices on my subtank with the 1.2ohm coil I can now NO LONGER GO BACK TO AN EVOD.

On an evod Hangseng RY4 tastes like stale steam. Pop it in the subtank at 1.2ohms and around 14 watts and WOW you can taste it as it is described - caramel, tobacco, vanilla, man it's gorgeous, I had no idea a cheap 80PG juice could taste so good!

So... Look the subtanks are great, no dry hits, awesome vapour and flavour BUT - THEY TEAR THROUGH JUICE and I cannot afford do that all day long! They are for night, a tank a day for pure pleasure.

So I want a tank that is less powerful than a subtank but better than an EVOD for my daytime cheaper juice all day vaping.

The guy at the local BnM says I am describing perfectly the Aspire nautilus mini with the 1.6ohm BVC coils and NOT with the 1.8 coils.

I tried it and he had 70VG/30PG Suicide Bunny juice in it and wow, great performer, so I imagine it would handle my 80PG/20VG Hangsen juices fine and outperform an EVOD.

Was he right? Is the Nautilus the perfect compromise between a juice guzzler like the subtank and a muted flavour, whispy vapour starter tank like the EVOD?

It is a well reviewed tank and he is selling out of them all the time as they are his best seller and internet reviews are good too.

Does this sound right for me? Are some of the problems I read about like eventually having to use pliers to remove the base that serious or can it be avoided just by being careful? What about those 1.6ohm BVC dual coils - are they good with cheaper PG heavy liquids? Do they really impart a nasty taste to the juice as a few minority reviewers have suggested?

Are they low maintenance and better than the cheaper tanks like geni tanks and protanks etc...?

I have to decide today - I need a second tank for work that outperforms an EVOD but doesn't guzzle juice like a subtank - for my cheaper ADV juices and this is looking like the main contender and I do not want to go over that price point either.

Cheers

HW

englishmick

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2014
Naptown, Indiana
So I want a tank that is less powerful than a subtank but better than an EVOD for my daytime cheaper juice all day vaping.

I've some cool gear I vape on at home. During the day I just use Spinners and mini ProTanks. Once I got the hang of rebuilding the PT heads I get a perfectly fine vape from them. They are cheap enough you can get a few of them and stick a handful in your pocket when you go out. They don't burn through the juice for sure.

I've tried the Nautilus mini courtesy of friends. Have to say it was a bit better than the PT minis. But not much better really.

I think you are the right track. Shouldn't need a big juice guzzling setup for driving around and working. I guess some people do, but I'm fine with the mini's.

bobwho77

ECF Veteran
May 8, 2014
Ypsilanti mi
Yeah the Nautilus (I have the full size, but the mini uses the same coils/internal design) is probably the best thing going, short of sub-ohming,or dripping.
It's bottom fill, so you have to take it off of the battery to fill it, but that's OK with me.
It's also a REAL glass tank, so don't drop it. (Aspire DOES sell a metal replacement tank for the 5ml full size version, but I don't know about the mini)

GeorgeS

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • May 31, 2015
    Oregon, USA
    While the STM can be shut down or 'governered' to have low output it is more of a D2L tank where the Nautilus's are more M2L tanks.

Personally I grew frustrated by the low juice capacity of the Nautilus-Mini and while it does not air flow control often thought that the Aspire K1 performed as well or better than it.

The 'holy grail' of 'toodle puffer' tanks is a KF-light clone or KF4 clone. Decent capacity, top fill. You do have to wind/wick your own coils but much better flavor than the low end Aspire models.

Reactions: Hans Wermhat

navigator2011

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 6, 2013
    Fullerton, CA, USA
    Looks like the NAUTILUS MINI it is then.... another twenty quid... plus a pack of 1.6 coils, he recommends them but won't swap the two packaged 1.8 coils for two 1.6's.... Thirty quid.... ....... gone through 120 quid in past few weeks since started vaping again....

The Mini Nautilus is a solid tank, despite it's relatively small capacity. I have tank taken that tank to from below sea level at scorching temperatures in Death Valley to the cool high heights of the Rocky Mountains without any leaking or flooding whatsoever. Sure, once in a while it can get a bit gurgly, but it's nothing that a twisted up paper towel or napkin cannot fix, just maintenance, really. The Coolfire IV or an iStick 30W with the Mini Nautilus have been very reliable combinations in my experience.

Richriv

Apr 11, 2015
    Los Angeles, CA, USA
    The Nautilus mini is a solid tank but I grew tired of the cotton coils which IMO were not as good and long lasting as the old ceramic coils. I found the Eleaf GS Air M to have better air flow and better coils. I also like the Joyetech Ego One Mega tank with the CLR heads which are a breeze to rebuild.

Reactions: navigator2011

Hotwire

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Dec 20, 2010
    England
    Well I bought a Nautilus Mini. Using the 1.8 BVC coil.

This is IT.

This is what I have been searching for in vaping since 2009.

Dripping is great but I could never do it on the go or be bothered to do it at home half the time.

EGO type stuff, ego-t / ego-c / cartos / clearos / evods = junk. They produce at best a sort of stale tasting whispy steam that you have to strain for. Okay if you want to vape 24mg liquid, the th alone will stop you in your tracks but for flavour and vape production they really do suck. They paved the way for where we are now, so they deserve their respect, but they are not great and you will only taste a quarter of how your juice really tastes and is supposed to taste.

The subtanks, well they do what it says on the tin - massive plumes of warm thick vapour BUT I found the draw, the lung inhale, frustrating, too much vape at one time to savour it on the inhale and the drip tips too wide. Only taste the juice on the exhale and no sense of a fulfilling inhale. Plus they just simply guzzle up TOO MUCH JUICE TOO FAST.

NOW THE NAUTILUS MINI - Oh man, this is the one. I'm vaping zero nicotine Hansgeng RY4 which I knew could be good as I dripped it once. On my evod it was just rank and the subtank runs it a bit too hot and the straight to lung ihale draw like I said - is not to my liking.

I'm sitting here puffing away at 12.5 watts on my coolfire 4 (the ego battery and evod will be hidden away with a 10ml bottle of juice for extreme emergencies, like if all my other gear fails or I have to flee fast from zombies) and am getting thick plumes of vapour which taste just as good as on the subtanks but is just the right amount that I can mouth to lung and really enjoy the taste on the inhale and exhale and even exhale through my nose while taking a fresh mouth inhale. It's like an EVOD on steroids. And this is a juice that costs £10 for 40ml, I have seen in the local BnM that these can handle thicker VG gourmet juices also.

It's guzzling juice at half the rate of the subtank but the vapour is just as good! Done over 1ml so far and not one dry hit.

I have to say I actually wish I had have bought two Nautilus Mini's instead of a subtank and a nautilus. The subtank is overkill, but I need two tanks on the go so can have more than one juice to try on any one day.

Will see how well this is getting on in a week's time and if no hassle, will buy another one and relegate the subtanks for emergencies.

This tank is excellent. I see how people over tighten them, but you don't need to. The o-ring is so generous I have found you can tighten it to where it doesn't even look tightened at the base and then I took a leap of faith and turned it right way up - and no leaks. It doesn't need tightening further than the first tiniest bit of resistance.

I'm well happy with this tank so far.

Hotwire

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Dec 20, 2010
    England
    I've done 2ml of juice just now as it was so nice. Not one dry hit and the flvour and vape production is perfect. All those years I wasted trying to give up and failing with ego-c and evod stuff... always too scared to shell out 4x as much for a bigger battery and 4 x as much for a proper tank.... all newbs should have at least 20 watt capable device and a nautilus mini in my honest opinion.... the day of egos and evod type stuff is over, just over... Now if only this could be as portable as my EVOD + EGO 650mah battery - that would be the next step up powerful and small..

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread