Status
Not open for further replies.

oplholik

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2011
San Bernardino area, So. Cal.
I received my Nautilus about a week ago and it was working great, really liking it. After my first refill and vaping about 2/3 of the juice, it starts leaking out the air hole, and gurgling, I took it apart and put it back together again making sure everything is tight was no help. Are these things just leakers? Really wanting to like these things, and wanted to get a couple more as I like the BVC coils.

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    Keep in mind that tightening as much as possible isn't always the way to go when it comes to orings on coil heads.

This is especially true for the semi-translucent silicone gaskets. They are so soft that if you over tighten things they can deform and cause a poor seal. But this can even happen with black and red orings too.

Not saying this is the case with you but it's always good to keep in mind if you can't figure out what's causing a leak.

steven.rn

ECF Veteran
    May 1, 2009
    Ohio
    Keep in mind that tightening as much as possible isn't always the way to go when it comes to orings on coil heads.

This is especially true for the semi-translucent silicone gaskets. They are so soft that if you over tighten things they can deform and cause a poor seal. But this can even happen with black and red orings too.

Not saying this is the case with you but it's always good to keep in mind if you can't figure out what's causing a leak.

Spot on, UJ. A firm close is good, but wrenching things down tight as you can defeats the purpose of the seal. None of my Nautilus or Nautilus 2 tanks ever leaked in years of use. My fave system with the 0.7 ohm mesh coils (those really last!)

Reactions: stols001

stols001

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    May 30, 2017
    If it's any consolation the only Regular Nautilus I bought just leaked like a sieve.

I would get the Nautilus 2s or the even newer one they made. The construction is much better as is the vape (although it's hard to enjoy a vape when eliquid is just cascading down your fingers.)

Maybe the place who sold it to you will let you turn it in for an upgrade. Just a thought?

Anna

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    I dunno, maybe when I took the bottom off it loosened the coil in the base a bit

That's a possibility. I haven't used a Nautilus in while, but I remember many times (when unscrewing the tank for refilling) the coil head being unscrewed completely or partially from the base. This happens because the the tank's chimney threads to the coil head (that's how the tank stays together), so sometimes if that connection is tight, it will grab hard and unscrew the coil at the base rather than at the chimney. Always make it a point to check the coil is screwed in properly to the base when disassembling/reassembling the tank.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread