Aspire Pockex Coils

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kemosabe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 21, 2011
Roe Dylin
My wife has run into a bad batch of coils. They must be manufactured improperly because they instantly give off a burnt tasting vape. we prime the coils with juice and allow the tank to sit, absorbing juice before taking a vape.

the coils that came with the device worked really well, and they lasted for a significant amount of time.

but now with the replacement coils, shes having a very poor vaping experience. does anyone know if anywhere is selling good coils for the Pockex?

ive searched around a little bit, and from what i can see, reviewers are giving poor reviews for the coils for the last few months. they seem to be having the same trouble as my wife.

please help.

• Optimistic
Reactions: stols001

Upinsmoke

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 2, 2017
Suffolk UK
I had a similar problem.
I hadn't considered the coils to be a factor .
I put it down to the high VG juices I use and the cold making the VG too thick for the device.
It improved with a little alcohol added to the juice .
I am hoping it will improve as this hard winter gives way to a welcome spring.

Steve W Pedersen

ECF Veteran
Nov 11, 2011
bakersfield,ca
These tanks with mass produced coils from many various brands you gamble every time you purchase new coils for them. If your handy at all I would recomend picking up an actual Rebuildable tank.
Indeed I suggest the OBS Engine Nano, building coils and wicking it are absolutely dead easy for me and I have bad eyes and arthritus in my fingers. There are lots of video tutorials on youtube.
Good luck.

Kemosabe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 21, 2011
Roe Dylin
I'm quite adept at building but these are for my wife. She likes to be able to switch out a coil without waiting for when I get around to rebuilding for her.

I doubt it's the juice. The coil that comes with the device is widely regarded as well made. My wife was using 100VG juice with them and they wicked fine.

With the replacement coils, tons of people are reporting problems. Plus she's using 65VG.

It's a bad batch of coils and I just wish I could find a vendor selling a good batch like the ones that come with the device.

• Optimistic

drysprocket

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2014
Los Angeles
I can confirm, and it sounds like it's pretty certain that they ran into issues making these. I used these coils for almost a year without much problem, but then I ran into about 4-5 packs that were all pretty horrible. Note, I wasn't using these in the Pockex, but rather my Naut X.

It seemed like 70VG was the problem, but it's hard to say for certain. But same thing as described- just bad burnt hits and flavor I finally just ditched them all together and switched to using the Naut 1.8 coils. Obviously not a fix for someone using it on the Pockex device, but maybe you can try using that new 1.2 coil out there.

Kemosabe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 21, 2011
Roe Dylin
I can confirm, and it sounds like it's pretty certain that they ran into issues making these. I used these coils for almost a year without much problem, but then I ran into about 4-5 packs that were all pretty horrible. Note, I wasn't using these in the Pockex, but rather my Naut X.

It seemed like 70VG was the problem, but it's hard to say for certain. But same thing as described- just bad burnt hits and flavor I finally just ditched them all together and switched to using the Naut 1.8 coils. Obviously not a fix for someone using it on the Pockex device, but maybe you can try using that new 1.2 coil out there.

Thanks drysprocket. Appreciate it. Do you know of a reputable online store selling the new 1.2Ω coil?

drysprocket

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2014
Los Angeles
Thanks drysprocket. Appreciate it. Do you know of a reputable online store selling the new 1.2Ω coil?

VapeNW is the only place that I've seen them in passing, but they appear in stock there now. They're a reputable...ish ;) I often get my coils from them, and never any complaints. I try to stick to the big ones for stuff like mods though for support.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread