Aspire triton

Status
Not open for further replies.

carly cat

Apr 29, 2015
Pennsylvania
Hey guys.. i just got the aspire triton today and i was loving it (besides not being able to take it apart and clean it..which is a bummer) but i just filled my second tank of juice into it and now i keep getting a little bit of juice in my mouth.. not a lot but enough to annoy me. Some one please tell me what could be happening to make it do this all of a sudden. Also do any of you have this tank and like it?

Reactions: poohbah

nyiddle

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 9, 2014
USA. State: Inebriated.
Odds are some juice got into the chimney when you refilled it. It's pretty common with most tanks I've used, and it should go away after several puffs. Sometimes I'll even fire it for a second or two without putting it to my mouth to eliminate some of the popping/crackling that can occur after letting a tank sit on a table for a while (I think the coil section gets a little flooded). It's no biggie though.

Reactions: carly cat

Completely Average

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 21, 2014
Suburbs of Dallas
If it's anything like other Aspire tanks then the best thing to do is tilt your head back so the mod and tank is upside-down and take a couple of puffs off of it like that. You WILL get some juice in your mouth doing it which you'll need to spit out, but it will clear the excess from the chimney and dry out the wick a little so it wicks properly. Usually 2-3 puffs is enough to fix the problem.

Liskrig

ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2015
MA, USA
It's an oversaturated coil from what it sounds like... meaning what @nyiddle mentioned. It should go away after a few good pulls. If it doesn't, just hold down the fire button for .5 seconds without taking a pull, then let go. wait 2 seconds, repeat. It may save it, but if not. Try running a cotton swab down the chimney (with the drip-tip on) but don't hit the coil with it. Gently twist, and pull it out. I usually do this quite regularly regardless of spitback. Just to keep everything clean and tasty.

jseah

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 16, 2015
Hudson Valley, NY, USA
I still haven't gotten the Triton yet, but I do have two on preorder. Just waiting for them to ship. Seems like the retailers in China get them later than the retailers in the US, and then I have to wait for the shipping from China. But can't complain about the price since I'm only paying $25 a piece for them.

carly cat

Apr 29, 2015
Pennsylvania
Nice i really like it and i am an RDA girl lol. I only paid 29.99 from elementvape.com the only problem now is finding the 0.3 coils. I dont want to wait 2 weeks to get them from china and everywhere in the US only has packs for the 0.4 and they are about 20 bucks plus shipping which seems ridiculous to me... plus the kit only comes with the 0.4 and the 1.8 which I'll most likely never use!

VCross

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 6, 2015
Yucaipa, California
I have gotten in the habit of wrapping a paper towel around the bottom of a tank after I fill it, and blowing into the drip tip to clear any extra juice off the deck or in the base. Just a thought...
^ This is always a good tip. Also: Q-tips. Tear a little of the cotton off the top so it'll fit into the chimney and just swab it dry.

gofishtx

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
Tomball Texas
I agree with what others said about juice in the center. Dry firing for short periods and then taking some good pulls should help, also you may want to maximize your ventilation while doing the long pulls and then shut it down like a MTL hitter and do a couple long pulls like that. Mine should be in vape mail Monday or Tuesday, I was a little disappointed that their are no prebuilt Nickel coils for this with all the new TC devices coming out. I guess I can build my own on the RTA deck.

jseah

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 16, 2015
Hudson Valley, NY, USA
I agree with what others said about juice in the center. Dry firing for short periods and then taking some good pulls should help, also you may want to maximize your ventilation while doing the long pulls and then shut it down like a MTL hitter and do a couple long pulls like that. Mine should be in vape mail Monday or Tuesday, I was a little disappointed that their are no prebuilt Nickel coils for this with all the new TC devices coming out. I guess I can build my own on the RTA deck.
Just use the Atlantis nickel coils. They work fine. I picked up a Triton at the NJ Vape Expo yesterday and I didn't even use their stock coils yet. As soon as I got home and opened it, I put in a vAir-T nickel coil in it. These coils are half the price of the Vaporshark Atlantis coils. One tip though, do not open up the juice hole all the way. I did that and the coil ended up flooding the air control base and juice leaked out of the air holes. I closed up the juice flow control so that it formed a round hole on the coil and it vapes fine.

Retro138

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 9, 2014
Philadelphia
I really want this tank but I want to wait until all the coils are readily available as well as the RTA section. For the life of me I don't know why they didn't combine the kit.

Enough complaining from me,@carly cat how is the flavor and all that good stuff minus the known Aspire gurgle.

Last edited:

jseah

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 16, 2015
Hudson Valley, NY, USA
I really want this tank but I want to wait until all the coils are readily available as well as the RTA section. For the life of me I don't know why they didn't combine the kit.

Enough complaining @carly cat how is the flavor and all that good stuff minus the known Aspire gurgle.
Because they could sell the RTA for a separate price, thereby making even more money. Have you watched Phil Busardo's review of the Triton and the RTA kit? Apparently you cannot rewick the RTA without removing the coil. Although he does give the tank itself rave reviews. You can tootle puff all day long on this tank with the 1.8 ohm coil or chuck clouds with the sub ohm coils.

Reactions: Retro138

josh w

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 9, 2015
michigan
My buddy has this tank. It's pretty nice. Interesting placement on the second air hole. Not sure what's the major difference between it and the Atlantis but it hit nice. He did however say it leaked juice through the air hole once on him, but that was probably a loose coil. He has only been vaping a few months.

Major911

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 31, 2014
Grand Island, FL, USA
I got my triton yesterday. Beautiful tank. Put the 1.8 ohm coil in and had a vape. Flavor and airflow are top notch. Woke up this morning to find the tank was empty and a puddle of juice in the stand it was sitting in checked all my connections and found nothing visibly loose even the coil. Strange. Washed and refilled. We'll see if it happens again. Anyone else experienced any leaking?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread