Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryedan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2012
Ontario, Canada
Yea, thats what I was trying to say, you phrased it better though. Unfortunately that is how I do it. Thanks though! Wanna trade:)

Well, that sucks! I had a look at mine and I see what you mean - there are not a lot of threads left to 'interlock' after screwing them together. A thin washer between the mod and atty would fix that and now that I know about this I might just do that too for protection when I drop them. I suppose you could also contact FT and see if they will exchange them for you.

g0nadz

Nov 20, 2013
40km from Tallinn
Not sure how you would strain the threads any more than usual. Unless you are doing some serious sucking on that thing or using it for a pry bar.

Feel free to test yourself, when you leave a protank a bit loose for airflow it is wobbly. I'm not saying it will but it can damage the threads of either one, atty or mod. And I don't like my gear wobbly anyway.

DrillRX

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 17, 2013
California, USA
Feel free to test yourself, when you leave a protank a bit loose for airflow it is wobbly. I'm not saying it will but it can damage the threads of either one, atty or mod. And I don't like my gear wobbly anyway.

Not wobbly at all. You tighten up the telescope against it. It doesn't move at all. That's how I run mine all the time. Trust me. It doesn't move.

Like I said before. THATS HOW I DO IT AND IT WORKS GREAT. JUST AS TIGHT AS WHEN ITS ALL THE WAY FLUSH WITH THE BODY. The battery pushes the center post up against the atty terminal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jawden

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 14, 2013
Hilo, HI
so, i got bored and remembered this thread...i know it wasnt requested for but i got some pics of my trident on my astro in 350 mode. (both are clones, btw)

smallest mod i own. its my on-the-go/work setup.
Photo on 12-9-13 at 7.22 PM.jpg

sitting in my palm for size reference...
Photo on 12-9-13 at 7.20 PM #2.jpg

and i proved myself wrong after making a statement that the launcher gave the astro a run for its money, what i failed to realize when i made that statement was that my astro was currently in 18500 mode when i glanced at them. hahaha. anyway, heres a side-by-side.
Photo on 12-9-13 at 7.21 PM.jpg

• Deleted by retired1
  • Reason: Unregistered Supplier

labin

Mar 18, 2013
switzerland
I don't think putting a kick in (even a v2) makes sense with a 0.5Ohm dual coil setup. You'd get a very small amount of vapor and not too much fun out of a dripper.
At full battery charge (4.2v) with that resistance and no kick, 35W are flowing (8.4A).
You can use Sony Konion batteries and make sure you don't have a short in the coils before you use it on a Mech.
Know what you do, inform yourself, and you'll be safe.
Cheers
lab

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread