Status
Not open for further replies.

NCC

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2010
Fla Panhandle, USA
I wonder if anyone else has had this experience. Seemed odd to me.

This morning, immediately after falling out of bed and before my first cup of coffee, I hit the computer to check email & such ... a normal routine for me.
Without thinking about it, the thought of lighting up a cigarette zapped my brain, and for a few seconds I started to look for my smokes. It felt more like a flashback than a craving. I quickly got to vaping some of my stronger juice while the coffee brewed. Then, sat down at the computer and it happened again.

I'm one of the lucky ones who quit instantaneously upon receiving my first PV, and can honestly tell you I have had no cravings so long as I kept vaping. I've lit up a couple of times out of curiosity, the last time maybe five weeks ago. I couldn't take more than a few drags at that time, the taste was horrid to me.

Maybe it was the lack of caffine, combined with the rare day off work (and not rushing to leave the house).

CaptJay

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2010
A Brit, abroad, (USA)
If you HAD smoked one do you think you'd then go back and smoke a pack?
I'm just curious - cos if I feel an overwhelming urge for a smoke, I have one. I never get past 2 drags btw, but NOT having one makes it more appealing if I ever feel that way again - it becomes that banned taboo treasure thing. If you know what I mean.
Once I have the 2 drags (and they taste yuk) thats me sorted for days/weeks. The urge doesnt come back again as strongly the next time either. I figure 2 drags won't kill me.

quasimod

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2009
Joplin, MO - USA
From what I understand, that sort of thing will continue to happen (infrequently, and with reduced frequency and intensity) for many years, if not the rest of your life. A friend of mine who had quit for 13 years complained to me one day of a nearly identical experience.

She was at the computer, distracted with what she was reading, and suddenly she realized that she was groping around her desk for a pack of cigarettes. She said it was the weirdest thing, but she really wanted to smoke a cigarette. She said the desire went away after a couple of minutes.

EDIT: Oh, and like CaptJay, when I really want one all I need to do is take a puff or two, and the desire is gone like a shot! Those things are nasty. The last time I tried to take a puff, I couldn't even fill my mouth with a whole drag, let alone inhale it, because it tasted so bad. Ugh. Of course, everyone is different, so I'm not trying to recommend you do the same. For all I know, you may be one of those people who would just start smoking again.

Last edited:

quasimod

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2009
Joplin, MO - USA
[...] Plus the fact that e-cigs are banned here. [...]

Hey, the Government only forces you to smoke because they care about your health... and just think of the children!

</sarcasm>

So where is "here", where e-cigs are banned?

EDIT: I found it: You're in Singapore. (I'm a part-time stalker :D )

Last edited:

Papagoatee

ECF Veteran
Jul 10, 2008
Hey, the Government only forces you to smoke because they care about your health... and just think of the children!

</sarcasm>

So where is "here", where e-cigs are banned?

EDIT: I found it: You're in Singapore. (I'm a part-time stalker :D )

LOL. Yeah. The government thinks that we are avoiding tax by smoking e-cigs. 13 people were fined and warned over the selling and possession of e-cigs here.

Someone wanted to sell Ruyan cigars here, but his shipment got withheld at customs.

NCC

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2010
Fla Panhandle, USA
when I really want one all I need to do is take a puff or two, and the desire is gone like a shot! Those things are nasty. The last time I tried to take a puff, I couldn't even fill my mouth with a whole drag, let alone inhale it, because it tasted so bad. Ugh. Of course, everyone is different, so I'm not trying to recommend you do the same. For all I know, you may be one of those people who would just start smoking again.
NO, and I mentioned in the first post that I've done the same. I don't believe I am capable of smoking any longer, even if vaping were somehow taken away from me.

Your insight on the phenomena is reassuring. Glad I'm not the only one.

gashin

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Sep 1, 2008
Southern California USA
www.ecigmall.com
I really believe that part of the analog habit is do whole lighting up procedure you have to do - when you finally get to inhale the smoke you feel like you've accomplished something and were rewarded for it. I had to deal with this for a long time and only completely quit around 4 months ago after more than a year of vaping. Just keep your hands busy with dripping and you won't have this problem anymore!
I wonder if anyone else has had this experience. Seemed odd to me.

This morning, immediately after falling out of bed and before my first cup of coffee, I hit the computer to check email & such ... a normal routine for me.
Without thinking about it, the thought of lighting up a cigarette zapped my brain, and for a few seconds I started to look for my smokes. It felt more like a flashback than a craving. I quickly got to vaping some of my stronger juice while the coffee brewed. Then, sat down at the computer and it happened again.

I'm one of the lucky ones who quit instantaneously upon receiving my first PV, and can honestly tell you I have had no cravings so long as I kept vaping. I've lit up a couple of times out of curiosity, the last time maybe five weeks ago. I couldn't take more than a few drags at that time, the taste was horrid to me.

Maybe it was the lack of caffine, combined with the rare day off work (and not rushing to leave the house).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread