At this moment: Which Nicoticket eLiquid are you vaping?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kent Brooks

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2013
Omaha, Nebraska, United States
www.nicoticket.com
Finally got my bee mine!

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

I've been wondering about that shipment feck - talk about slow. What good is me going the distance to get it shipped same/next day if the USPS takes 2 weeks to get it halfway across the country. Jeeze.

Kent Brooks

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2013
www.nicoticket.com
First, let me say that I'm a HUGE fan of Ms. T's Bakery Snickerdoodle (at its best), so I was one of the "refugees" who came to Clark, but I've gotta say: I don't like it. I'm so disappointed, mostly because I had such high expectations. My wife got me a bottle for Christmas, and I didn't like it much then, so I've been letting it steep. Now, three months after its "born on" date, I still don't like it. It's basically unvapable for me. Weird...there's an ingredient in it that just doesn't jive with my sensibilities. I mention it because I did give it another shot today, relating my experience to the title of this thread. Oh well...taste being so subjective and all - it's not Nicoticket's fault that I don't like it.

Thankfully, my wife also got me CLS, which I do like - but perhaps less on its own and more as a mixer to help fruity vapes that could use that extra flavor from CLS.

I was hoping that Frenilla would arrive today, but it didn't...so maybe tomorrow I'll be a very lucky boy. ;)

Can't win them all Sed - thanks for giving it a go. I wish I had a magic wand. If you are interested, send me a PM... there are options. :)

Kent Brooks

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2013
www.nicoticket.com
After dripping a bit more, I'm not getting the custard in this...mostly just the hard top, but it's really triggering good memories and bringing joy. I'm starting to wonder if I simply don't taste custards the way that many other people do. I love eating custards, but most custards that I've vaped have been either gross and fake tasting (edit: not from Nicoticket) or they have been really, really subtle (almost the way that Alice in Vapeland usually comes across as extremely subtle to me). Maybe it has to do with where I'm at in terms of not smoking for over 7 months now? It's hard to say... Maybe vanilla custards are registering, or are being processed, differently for me in my brain. The only "custard" type vape that totally blew me away was very early on in my vaping career when I got Vanda from Johnson Creek, but that's hard to say because I haven't had it since I first quit and my taste buds were still totally jacked up. Regardless of not really tasting the custard in Creme Brulee, the taste that I am getting continues to be quite remarkable. I wonder how it'll taste in a week or two, let alone a month from now! Having let CLS steep for 3 months, for example, I find it okay on its own, but very good as a mixer, adding the complexity of the vanilla and the richness of the custard to whatever I add it to. Just going to the corner store and buying the same brand that I smoked for 20 years was so much easier than dealing with all of these flavors...lol

I think part of the challenge is getting over the flavor chase... I can only speak for myself, but when I was a smoker, I probably had about 3-4 "regular brands" over the course of an 18 year addiction. If I did switch, it was usually because of something else (like, when I got married - the wife "switched us" to Camels because that's what she liked). Vaping seems different, but it doesn't have to be. At the end of the day, I'm like many - always chasing the next best flavor that hasn't been invented yet, trying new stuff, exploring. Why do I continue to wander when I have a dozen ADVs already? I have no idea, but I do. LOL

As a side note - it's odd that the Frenilla hit out of the park for you, but you're getting mostly caramel in the CB, and the CLS is coming across as "light." In as much as I *hate* the saying - taste really is subjective. When the guy who has a mountain of great reviews tells you the reviews are no guarantee your going to fall head over heels for the liquid, he's probably telling the truth. The chances are good, but there is no 'silver bullet' in my arsenal that hits for 100% of the people 100% of the time. When I find it... when I find it... (see, there's the search again)

Sed Contra

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 13, 2013
Northeast Ohio
Can't win them all Sed - thanks for giving it a go. I wish I had a magic wand. If you are interested, send me a PM... there are options. :)

I appreciate that, man. I don't blame you or Nicoticket in the least. I'm wondering if there isn't a flavor component of Snickerdoodle that just rubs me the wrong way - that's not your fault! Maybe it's a gingerbread flavor or something...not quite sure what it is that isn't working for me.

I think part of the challenge is getting over the flavor chase... I can only speak for myself, but when I was a smoker, I probably had about 3-4 "regular brands" over the course of an 18 year addiction. If I did switch, it was usually because of something else (like, when I got married - the wife "switched us" to Camels because that's what she liked). Vaping seems different, but it doesn't have to be. At the end of the day, I'm like many - always chasing the next best flavor that hasn't been invented yet, trying new stuff, exploring. Why do I continue to wander when I have a dozen ADVs already? I have no idea, but I do. LOL

As a side note - it's odd that the Frenilla hit out of the park for you, but you're getting mostly caramel in the CB, and the CLS is coming across as "light." In as much as I *hate* the saying - taste really is subjective. When the guy who has a mountain of great reviews tells you the reviews are no guarantee your going to fall head over heels for the liquid, he's probably telling the truth. The chances are good, but there is no 'silver bullet' in my arsenal that hits for 100% of the people 100% of the time. When I find it... when I find it... (see, there's the search again)

Why is it odd that I'm digging Frenilla so much right out of the mail? I imagine that it'll only get better, but I am digging it now! LOL

I suspect that Creme Brulee is only going to get better, too. :) Though, it really is bringing me joy. Thank you!

Kent Brooks

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2013
www.nicoticket.com
I appreciate that, man. I don't blame you or Nicoticket in the least. I'm wondering if there isn't a flavor component of Snickerdoodle that just rubs me the wrong way - that's not your fault! Maybe it's a gingerbread flavor or something...not quite sure what it is that isn't working for me.

Why is it odd that I'm digging Frenilla so much right out of the mail? I imagine that it'll only get better, but I am digging it now! LOL

I suspect that Creme Brulee is only going to get better, too. :) Though, it really is bringing me joy. Thank you!

It might be the ginger... I need to look back at your order and see when it was mixed. The first short run of Doodle (before I put it on the line-up permanently) had more ginger than the current revision. If you have some of that first batch, it's definitely more ginger'ish. Also - the Kayfun seems to make the ginger pop for me YMMV - a dripper set to cloud chaser mode (1/8th" air intakes x2) will take that ginger note out entirely and leave you with nothing but cinnamon dusted sugar cookie with a hint of vanilla extract

I don't think it's unusual that Frenilla is knocking your socks off - I think it's unusual that Frenilla is hitting it out of the park and CLS is still faint. I don't know how the rest of the fam gets the liquid - but they are so similar that (in my opinion) it's hard to love one and not love the other. Just my 2c. The component that's missing in the Frenilla is the eggy - and the vanilla extract content is off the charts on Frenilla (as a %).

ScandaLeX

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 6, 2013
PhiLLy
It might be the ginger... I need to look back at your order and see when it was mixed. The first short run of Doodle (before I put it on the line-up permanently) had more ginger than the current revision. If you have some of that first batch, it's definitely more ginger'ish. Also - the Kayfun seems to make the ginger pop for me YMMV - a dripper set to cloud chaser mode (1/8th" air intakes x2) will take that ginger note out entirely and leave you with nothing but cinnamon dusted sugar cookie with a hint of vanilla extract

I don't think it's unusual that Frenilla is knocking your socks off - I think it's unusual that Frenilla is hitting it out of the park and CLS is still faint. I don't know how the rest of the fam gets the liquid - but they are so similar that (in my opinion) it's hard to love one and not love the other. Just my 2c. The component that's missing in the Frenilla is the eggy - and the vanilla extract content is off the charts on Frenilla (as a %).

That's what I don't seem to taste now- the ginger. What's the chance of getting the ginger (or more ginger) again in the next frenilla batch? If it's not ginger in the Frenilla then I don't know what that deliciousness is I got on the exhale.

Sent from a BIG phone.....Galaxy Note 3

Sed Contra

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 13, 2013
Northeast Ohio

Okay, I have to make a confession: I've been using a Provari for the past 6 months and only last week got my first mechanical device, a Nemesis clone. Your suggestion to set up a dipper to "cloud chaser mode" just made all the difference in the world with all four of the Nicoticket bottles that I have. I set up a Trident clone with a single .65 Ohm "dragon coil" with a cotton cloud and the airflow set to full bore in front of the coil...fresh Sony VTC4, and I'm off and running doing mouth to lung hits with all of this 18mg nic juice. I really never truly realized how much of a profound difference so much higher wattage could make in terms of flavor. With Snickerdoodle, you're right - the gingerbread virtually disappeared. With CLS, the custard that had been hiding behind the curtains popped out, with Creme Brulee the caramelized top faded as the custard became more prominent (I think that I prefer Creme Brulee at 15 Watts, though), and with Frenilla, well...the vanilla was highlighted even more than it already was. I'm so very glad that you took the time to talk through this with me, man; thank you!

By the way, the "born on" date for the Snickerdoodle is 12/4/13. I think that I ordered it shortly after its existence was announced (I ordered it for my wife to get for me for Christmas), so it probably is that first batch with more ginger...

Thanks again!

keithu2

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2013
Honolulu, HI, USA
Okay, I have to make a confession: I've been using a Provari for the past 6 months and only last week got my first mechanical device, a Nemesis clone. Your suggestion to set up a dipper to "cloud chaser mode" just made all the difference in the world with all four of the Nicoticket bottles that I have. I set up a Trident clone with a single .65 Ohm "dragon coil" with a cotton cloud and the airflow set to full bore in front of the coil...fresh Sony VTC4, and I'm off and running doing mouth to lung hits with all of this 18mg nic juice. I really never truly realized how much of a profound difference so much higher wattage could make in terms of flavor. With Snickerdoodle, you're right - the gingerbread virtually disappeared. With CLS, the custard that had been hiding behind the curtains popped out, with Creme Brulee the caramelized top faded as the custard became more prominent (I think that I prefer Creme Brulee at 15 Watts, though), and with Frenilla, well...the vanilla was highlighted even more than it already was. I'm so very glad that you took the time to talk through this with me, man; thank you!

By the way, the "born on" date for the Snickerdoodle is 12/4/13. I think that I ordered it shortly after its existence was announced (I ordered it for my wife to get for me for Christmas), so it probably is that first batch with more ginger...

Thanks again!

Glad to hear everything worked out for you!
It's unfortunate that you had to work so hard to find out how good these juices really are, but it seems that you are enjoying them now.
I like my provari, but the circuitry limits the builds I can put in my toppers. And then, some juices just seem to taste better in different devices.
If you get the chance, try the Naki' mix of CB and CLS. You'll be in for a pleasant surprise.

Sed Contra

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 13, 2013
Northeast Ohio
Glad to hear everything worked out for you!
It's unfortunate that you had to work so hard to find out how good these juices really are, but it seems that you are enjoying them now.
I like my provari, but the circuitry limits the builds I can put in my toppers. And then, some juices just seem to taste better in different devices.
If you get the chance, try the Naki' mix of CB and CLS. You'll be in for a pleasant surprise.

Thanks.

My limited experience with the Nemesis clone has me seriously thinking about a DNA 30. I have never thought before that a juice might not be tasting quite right simply because the sweet spot - for me - might be beyond the capabilities of a Provari. Most juices seem to taste great for me between 12 & 15 Watts, so this is truly quite surprising to me.

...and I absolutely will try CB and CLS - I imagine that it tones down the caramelized sugar and gives more of a vanilla custard flavor, but I'll give that a shot tomorrow and find out for myself!

Mahalo!

TheDistinguishedGentleman

ECF Veteran
Jan 20, 2014
United States
20140315_135413.jpg

A little WIR on the slopes. Seemed appropriate!

Kent Brooks

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2013
www.nicoticket.com
That's what I don't seem to taste now- the ginger. What's the chance of getting the ginger (or more ginger) again in the next frenilla batch? If it's not ginger in the Frenilla then I don't know what that deliciousness is I got on the exhale.

Sent from a BIG phone.....Galaxy Note 3

No ginger in Frenilla , the only variations in Frenilla are the variations that naturally occur when I extend a steep.

Sent from my SCH-I535 VZW Samsung Galaxy S3 mod'ed with AOKP using Tapatalk 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread