Athea In'Ax Cartomizer

Status
Not open for further replies.

ong.kelvin

Jul 9, 2015
Just got this in the mail today. I'm pretty season in rebuildables but am a complete noob with genesis type atomizer. Although this is a carto I assume it is a genesis type atomizer.

1)I watched two YouTube tutorials which say 20mm x 50mm [HASHTAG]#200[/HASHTAG] mesh but when I roll it up it ends up being too fat to fit into the wick hole. End up using about 20mm x 30mm. Am I doing this wrong?

2)So I got the wick in and fix the shorts out, I am getting dry hits. Its not wicking as it should, what am I doing wrong? I'm using 32 gauge 5 wraps, 1.3ohms.

If anyone is successfully building this carto or could just shed some light on some secrets of mesh wicking do enlighten me. Thanks in advance!

cement

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 28, 2011
Brown Deer
I use mine as a dripping atty with a drip shield . I have the exact problems you have. I've tried 100 % pg and still get dry hits. I have also wicked it with 1 mm ekowool keeping the wick above the juice holes and it still won't wick. I honestly think the juice holes are NOT big enough. I can say it is an excellent dripping atty.

cement

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 28, 2011
Brown Deer
No I could not I just kept cutting 1/4" inch off until it fit and it ended up being about 20 x 30 mm. Then I made it shorter than 20 mm so the bottom was just above the top of the juice hole. I ended up testing it in a carto tank with different resistance builds and 100 % pg liquid and used the o ring to restrict the airflow thinking that would increase the wicking but still very little air bubbles. I have 12 different genesis attys set up with mesh and have been using them for at least 3 years some are dual coil and the only way I can get the in'ax carto to work is by using it as a dripping atty. I picked up a new Billet Box to use this and see a lot of in'ax cartos being traded or sold on the Billet Box FB pages. I also haven't seen any positive reviews . My next step is to make the juice holes bigger.

cement

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 28, 2011
Brown Deer
Here's something I recently have been told about SS Mesh - Vaper's Hobby Shop you want the 200 super fine it's worth a shot. I just ordered so I haven't tried it yet. I was told to use 32 ga kanthal at 2 ohms. At this point I'll try anything, haha !!! Don't be disappointed just remember there's a learning curve.

cement

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 28, 2011
Brown Deer
Here's an update on the 200 mesh. First thing I notice it is very thin so the 20 x 50 mm should fit however I made one 20 x 40 mm and torched it before and after rolling, just once. I then used 32 ga kanthal 5 wraps metered at 1.8 ohms. I put it on a VV mod at 4 volts and worked out the hot spots the increased the voltage to 5 volts and again made sure there were no hot spots. Next I used it as a dripper at 4.25 volts for a while until I felt confident the hot spots were gone. I have it in a Billet Box and have chain vaped 2 tanks with no dry hits at 4.25 volts with 80 vg 20 pg liquid.

ong.kelvin

Jul 9, 2015
Oh I am envious of your success with this carto! I have just ordered myself some [HASHTAG]#400[/HASHTAG] mesh to try. Unable to find any [HASHTAG]#200[/HASHTAG] superfine mesh here. I believe [HASHTAG]#400[/HASHTAG] is finer than [HASHTAG]#200[/HASHTAG] but I know the [HASHTAG]#400[/HASHTAG] has a tighter weave and might not wick also. But what the hell, will just try it anyways. If this does not work I will have to order [HASHTAG]#200[/HASHTAG] super fine internationally.
Are you able to try it in a carto tank? Would like to know if it works as well as the Billet Box.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread