Atomiser/clearomiser/tank???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ive been watching youtube getting info on different things and a lady on there was talking about her ego atomiser with a tank.

Am I getting the lingo mixed up coz I thought a tank was like my inferno one with a cartomiser in it and I didn't know ego HAD tanks. To top it off, whats the difference between an atomiser and a clearomiser?? What she was calling an atomiser looked like a clearo to me! I do know the difference between clearo's and cartomisers coz i use both.

I thought I had it down pat....obviously not!! Maybe I should stay off youtube :glare:

DancingHeretik

Dancing in the Chaos
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2011
San Antonio, TX
The atomizer is the actual part that does the atomizing, of course. Nowadays, just a plain atomizer is often called a dripping atty. But, it used to be all there was and is the only thing that is JUST an atomizer.

Then they came out with the cartomizer, which is an atomizer with polyfill material wrapped around it that soaks up and holds the juice that slowly feeds to the atomizer.

Then they came out with the clearomizer, which is a tank with an atomizer inside it. It has strings that soak up the juice from the tank and slowly feed it to the atomizer inside.

The thing is, they all have atomizers. But, they're not all JUST atomizers. To make matters worse, people don't always call things by their proper names.

When someone refers to a tank, they may mean the little tank that goes with the first eGo-T atomizers. Those were designed with a spike over the coil in the atomizer so that they would puncture a little tank that would be inserted onto the atty.

Or, they may call their clearomizer a tank because it does HAVE a tank. Plus, some manufacturers even use 'tank' in the name they give their clearos (like the ProTank).

Or, they may mean a carto-tank, which I think is what you are referring to as a tank (me too). That's a tank that you slip a punched carto through and use to feed the carto.

But, you never know what someone will call an atty or a tank. They're not always called by their 'proper' names.

Could she maybe have been talking about the eGo-T? Or, the eGo-C, which is the same thing except with a replaceable coil?

Last edited:

cap269

Verified Member
Oct 24, 2013
Buckeye, AZ, USA
Could she maybe have been talking about the eGo-T? Or, the eGo-C, which is the same thing except with a replaceable coil?
I haven't seen the video in question, but feel that it was the eGo-T with the small plastic tank. It is a three-part system. The eGo-T battery, the atomizer that screws onto the battery, and the tank that snaps into the atomizer (with a spike that punctures the tank initially, as previously stated). They work okay, except I have noticed that some flavors are muted, perhaps because the standard coil resistance is typically higher (>2 ohms) and may not actually get hot enough to really develop the flavor compounds.

Last edited:

dice57

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2013
Mount Vernon, Wa
every vaporize uses a atomizer, that is how juice is turned into vape. There are just many types of atomizers, rba's, rda's, clearos, glasso's, carto's, genesis, drippers, bottom feeders and so on. The more you hang around here the easier it will be to pick up the lingo.

A tank is simply a vessel to hold juice, they contain numerous kinds of atomizers inside. My rba's are all tanks, that hold 4-5 ml's of juice. The more you understand the more you get confused. lol. took my 4 months to figure out what squank was or was that squank, not to be confused with SQuape though. On a notify me list for that. Damn, now I'm confused. lmao. welcome to the journey of ever evolving vape lore.

Ok, I shall read the forum library and get more info...thanks for that link!!
No she wasn't talking about the EGOT but now that you've all explaines, maybe she just meant her ego with a clearomiser!....this is the link i watched on youtube
Cases For E-cigs - Part 1 - YouTube
Anyway all of your replies and descriptions have really helped, I'm glad the line is blurred when using these terms...I don't feel quite so stupid now. Hehehehe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread