Atomize v Cartomizer v Tank....What's your device of choice?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Liquid-Chris

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Aug 6, 2013
Livermore, CA
www.apolloecigs.com
Ya know everybody has their favorite and their reasons for it. I've always been a carto guy because I think you get a better flavor from them. Of coarse clearos (like CE4s) are by far the most user friendly (perfect for beginners) but I think they tend to mute the flavors, they plug-up quick with thick or dark liquids, and if you take long drags or turn the voltage up too high they burn a lot. Lately I've been playing with a lot of tanks, as the convenience of seeing the fill level and the ease of filling are really cool, but I get off flavors from the plastics and the glue they use. It doesn't seem to bother most people, I guess as the juice guy I might be a little more sensitive to it. DCTs are good flavor but sloppy to fill. The Evods are pretty good, but this new Protank II is exceptional. I'd go as far as saying second only to drip attys.

How long should they last? If I get 4 or 5 days out of a carto I'm happy. The coil heads on Evods and Protanks I can get a week (I rinse them in tap water, yes thats right, hot tap water every couple of days, coil, wicks and all). I'm kinda a purest on flavor so when they start to taste foul I swap them. I guess some people try getting weeks out of them to save a couple of bucks......for me I'd rather spend a couple of bucks and have it taste great rather than okay (hell, I never had a problem spending 5 bucks a day on cigarettes, a couple of bucks a day on liquids and a couple of bucks a week on equipment is fine by me)

Chime in and give us your take on it.

Chris

Metzger

ECF Veteran
Dec 29, 2012
Oregon, USA
I've tried cartos (Boge and IkenVape), clearos (T3, EVOD, Phoenix) and a few atomizers, and I always come back to the cartos. IkenVape seems to do me better than the Boge ones. I like my EVOD, and still use it somewhat regularly (I have one filled with Melon Boba right now) but they don't handle successive vapes very well even with some/all of the extra "flavor wicks" pulled out. I also think the draw is a tad too airy for my taste and am usually trying to cover one of the air flow holes on it. Flavor's pretty good, though not on the level of a fresh carto.

If I ever get around to buying a PV bigger than my Twists I might try a simple RBA. I'm just not much of a fiddly type guy so I think it'd get annoying to me after a while getting it set up properly each time.

Wiredgwc

Sep 10, 2013
Eastbrook, ME
I have tried many different types of delivery methods cartos, tanks, and clearos. I would have to say though that I get my best vape off from carto tanks with a dual coil pushing 6 volts. It provides me with the most flavor and vapor. Don't get me wrong I like my protank and all but I have had the worst luck with the tank flooding and the replaceable coils burn out way to fast. With this all summed up. I stick to my carto tanks.

Muggs

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 8, 2013
CT
www.advancesmart.com
Carto tanks all day. I have pretty much tried it all.

I'm propably going to get shot for this but as long as you have a variable voltage battery (example: Ego c-Twist) and a good cartomizer that matches the volt range of your battery, that's all you need. (example: Variable volt battery range of 3.2v to 4.8v and a 2.8-3.0ohm carto in your tank)

IronHorse

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Mar 30, 2012
Oregon
www.stratomyst.com
No shooting here...LOL
Carto tanks all day. I have pretty much tried it all.

I'm propably going to get shot for this but as long as you have a variable voltage battery (example: Ego c-Twist) and a good cartomizer that matches the volt range of your battery, that's all you need. (example: Variable volt battery range of 3.2v to 4.8v and a 2.8-3.0ohm carto in your tank)

Okay, so there are others that actually prefer cartos. Everybody here at Apollo laughs at me when I tell them that cartos are still my favorite. Now I gotta tell you, because I work here most of what I use are the pro tank II's, because I have ready access to them and the coils.........but I miss my Mega cartos.

IronHorse

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Mar 30, 2012
Oregon
www.stratomyst.com
Yeah the ginormous ones??
Okay, so there are others that actually prefer cartos. Everybody here at Apollo laughs at me when I tell them that cartos are still my favorite. Now I gotta tell you, because I work here most of what I use are the pro tank II's, because I have ready access to them and the coils.........but I miss my Mega cartos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread