The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

"Atomized Cartridges"--help!

Discussion in 'DSE 801 *Penstyle*' started by kcr, Aug 11, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. kcr

    kcr Super Member ECF Veteran

    I ordered a ton of 801 blank carts, and they are different than what I am used to. At first I thought I had ordered the wrong thing, but I also got some 901 carts that were the same.

    I could get the cover off the 901 carts, just by twisting and gently pulling.

    With the 801 carts, the cartridge came off in the cap, leaving only the mouthpiece (a nice, soft rubbery one, btw) in my hand. I was able to extract it with a pair of flat jewelry-making pliers--and sort of mangled it. It is still usable, but there has *got* to be a better way.:oops:

    Is there a trick to getting the caps off that I am missing?

  2. UptownRiot

    UptownRiot Super Member ECF Veteran

    Jun 28, 2009
    Jacksonville, FL
    i have absolutely no idea what you are talking about. All of the "caps" that have come on new blank carts that I have ordered pulled off by hand very easily. Then fill, then vape.

    It's not working like this for you?
  3. kcr

    kcr Super Member ECF Veteran

    Nope--it sure isn't:(

    And they are different than the ones I have gotten before, too. The cap is sort of...well, *huge*. Before the caps were just sufficient to cover the end of the cart--these are seriously big--I keep wondering if there is something I can use them for because it is a shame to throw away all that good plastic:D

    But they still work, even after I chew them out with the pliers. Eastmall's Irish Whisky juice is really good in an 801--it'll make you sing sad songs:wub:
  4. DonDaBoomVape

    DonDaBoomVape Reviewer / Blogger ECF Veteran

    Jun 5, 2009
    South Florida
    Those big white caps are standard for the 801. Sometimes they've stuck for me as you describe. Not usually, however.

    This has become pretty much a non-issue for me these days, since usually I just drip and don't bother with a cart. I just use the mouthpiece that comes with the atomizer.
  5. BassmanJeremy

    BassmanJeremy Senior Member

    Mar 7, 2011
    Crossville, Tennessee
    I too have used several of the carts for my 801 and have never had a issue. Sorry to be no help.
  6. brittanyNI

    brittanyNI Senior Member ECF Veteran

    Jun 21, 2011
    New England
    I just love the label on the box ... Atomized Cartridges. It's like you shot them with an ion ray gun or something, lol.
  7. radiated1

    radiated1 Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

    Mar 17, 2011
    kansas city mo
    boxes labeled automized cartridges are acutally cartomizers, not attys or carts.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Share This Page