Status
Not open for further replies.

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
This one is kind of a stumper for me. The only thing that affects draw IS the air holes. If they are never blocked this should never happen. The only things I can think of is that the air holes are getting blocked by something else such as juice buildup or your hand or something

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Well, this is the second coil I'm using, it's a sub-ohm one and been using it for a while like three weeks. It hasn't shown any deterioration yet. The vapor is great and full of taste.
3 - 4 weeks is about the typical life expectancy of a drop in coil.

The cotton wick is the first component to go bad as it degrades over time. The fibers collapse together and make it more difficult to draw.

Reactions: stols001

United States

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 17, 2018
RVA
Part of the flow is drawn though the wick. Using thicker liquids or sugary, colored liquid leaves deposits in the pores of the wick.

I notice at time my Zeniths seem tight. Sometimes it is after I had a leak, other times it's when my 70/30 vg/pg liquid is in a cool climate. At times I get build up from unspent juice in the tip and chimney.

Remove the bottom cap and give it a good wash and see if that helps. If that doesn't do the trick set your tank in the sun for about 15-30 minutes to thin the juice. If those don't help place toothbrush bristles against the wick and give them a bit of cleaning. Or it could be a build up inside of the chimney.

I tend to have some remaining unspent juice in mine after a time and use a q-tip inside of the chimney to remove some built up goo. I use sweet-ish juices at low watts and have an occasional slight leak so at times I have to do all above.

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
I would change your coil more often, most likely will fix your problem. I change my 1.6 zenith coil every 7 or 8 days to avoid problems and have never had any using this procedure
I vape 100% unflavored VG in a 2.0 ohm at 6-6.4 watts. I change my coil after the second or third use. Amount of PG,VG and flavor %'s, heat/power, frequency of use, air setting ,type of wick, type/number of coils, condition of coil(s),type of atomizer, (and I'm probably forgetting something) all can play a role/factors regarding the quality of taste when vaping. I found the most important control for me, is cleaning the coil and replacing the wick (less than a minute) --- improves taste greatly/can knock your socks off.

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
Hello all,
As a newbie I have a question regarding my Zenith atomizer. Although the draw is pretty easy most of the time, sometimes it becomes very hard to draw. The air holes, I make sure are open fully at all times. Am I doing something wrong and is there a way to make sure it draws easily every time?
Remove some cotton from a q tip and gently put into the coil to remove the buildup. If you do this every few refills you should be fine.

Aug 31, 2018
Do you notice spit backs when the tightness occurs? Or perhaps a little juice coming from an airhole?

Sometimes I push the fire button and blow out a second or two a couple of times and my Zenith goes back to an easier draw.

It seems to clear out any built up unspent juice in the airflow system.
No spit back or juice coming out from the airholes, but blowing in while pressing the fire button, seems a good idea thank you.

United States

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 17, 2018
RVA
My brother mountainbikermark taught me that one. Apparently in the cave man days of vaping it was often required for various reasons. He is an old school vaper who recently got back into it to stop smoking (again). I think he's at 3 months tobacco free now.

I see some 'old school' reviewers do it in vape reviews sometimes.

Edit: I just started using a new Zenith last night and it had become a bit 'tight' just now. Perhaps 50 puffs or less on the coil pack. I blew it out briefly and viola....
End edit.

Last edited:

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
The Zenith coils are one of the rare coils that will cause draw to be restricted to the point it's less usable long before it tastes burnt. After my first 0.8 coil (that I vaped forever) I was shocked at how "airy" my new coil was, because I the draw changes were kind of slow over time.

Although if your "difficult draws" are intermittent and rare I'm not entirely sure that it's the coil dying to be honest, especially since blowing through the airholes fixed it . I have a Zenith coil where the draw is getting tighter so I tried that solution and found no real change to my draw situation.

Good luck,

Anna

United States

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 17, 2018
RVA
My issue Anna is unspent juice more times than not. Try as I may, often times I see steam in the tip after a drag. I just equate that with build up inside the airflow chimney.

My typical sauce has sweet grape involved so I figure the sweetener plays a role as well. My favorite flavor brand has a wee bit of color added as well.

• Useful
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread