Status
Not open for further replies.

evilfrog

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2011
portland OR
My personal current favorite is a 3.5ohm Ikenvape 901. I like the i06 quite a bit as well, and the IKV 801 is good too, though a bit airy.
From my reading on this forum: many (but not all) drippers seem to prefer the hh 357 and Cisco-spec attys from Avid and then the IKV gear as a slightly lesser, but more affordable, option. The AVA also gets some great reviews, but I can't see parting with over $40 for a disposable atty.

Most Buzz users get attys in the 2.5 ohm range. I'm not sure why, but I seem to get better performance from slightly higher ohm attys. YMMV - it's best to get a variety, so you can figure out what works best for you. LR attys will work fine, but battery life will suffer a little.

Also - it would be wise to pick up a couple sealed connecters so your top cap stays dry. I did without this for a couple months with no problem, but if the oring under the screw gets out of wack liquid can get into the electronics if your atty leaks. I now put sealed connecters under all my attys as a percaution.

Genesis attys also work fine on a Buzz. Two of mine have gennys on them at all times! A well set-up genesis is as good as (and often better then) dripping for me.

markfm

Aussie Pup Wrangler
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 9, 2010
Beautiful Baldwinsville (CNY)
Total run time with 3 ohms is better than with 2.5, by a bit, for a given total watts, based on my experience, it's just that 2.5 ohms let you get a couple more watts at max voltage if you want a bit more oomph from time to time.

Sealed connectors are a biggie. With my 801 fusion tank/carto setup I use a native 801 top cap, but that's because I've had stellar, consistent, performance with that combination, I believe only one dump condition in a full year. With atties you can absolutely expect to give the connector a soaking for at least a little while -- it takes time to get the hang of them. A sealed adapter is a very smart addition.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread