Attack of the Hana Modz Clone. Let's wait together!

Status
Not open for further replies.

mbliffert

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 16, 2014
Ocean Springs, MS
Thanks. I missed that one. Do people really want to run a .3Ω coil at 30W?[/QUOTE

To answer your question: No, that .3ohm coil at 30 watts would be a very week vape. It would take 55 to 59 watts to satisfy those that build at .3ohms on a mech.

.3 ohms at 30 watts would be quite weak, but factoring in voltage drop on a mech at .3ohms, most mech mod users are actually experiencing around 40-48watts, not 55-59. To get power that high at .3ohms out of a mech you would need zero voltage drop.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

alee132

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 25, 2014
United States

mbliffert

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 16, 2014
Ocean Springs, MS
Watching the video again, the device reads the coil as .6ohms, and then displays the output voltage at 4.2 volts. Using ohms law this calculates to 30 watts.

So it appears the device is trying to regulate correctly. Just both the output and ohms readings are completely off.

JamesEh408

ECF Veteran
Aug 23, 2013
San Jose Ca
More video from vapertek. I still want to see someone put a real voltmeter or multimeter or ocsi on these and go through the ranges but that's kinda asking alot.

But ya if it's not reading the ohm's right it's not going to regulate right. I am hoping that it doesn't have such a voltage drop towards the 1 ohm or so rate.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=719478014757553&set=vb.404376686267689&type=2&theater

I'm hoping so too. I like my coils at 1-1.8 ohms.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

retird

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 31, 2010
North Side
So from all the video's and chatter it seems the "clone" has a very similar enclosure as the Hana and a less than 1 to 1 version of a DNA30. The chip characteristics remind me of previous "chips" from China that didn't meet the specs .....

So it seems to me that the clone is a 1 to 1 failure as far as chip performance is concerned....yep it vapes, so all is not lost as long as one monitors it with a volt meter and ohm meter, which you do not need to do with a true DNA30....

Last edited:

Sptz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
More video from vapertek. I still want to see someone put a real voltmeter or multimeter or ocsi on these and go through the ranges but that's kinda asking alot.

But ya if it's not reading the ohm's right it's not going to regulate right. I am hoping that it doesn't have such a voltage drop towards the 1 ohm or so rate.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=719478014757553&set=vb.404376686267689&type=2&theater

Why are none of these vendors comparing to real DNAs? The ohm readings, etc...

mbliffert

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 16, 2014
Ocean Springs, MS
Has anyone else other than Elev8 addressed or brought to light the issue of both incorrect ohm and voltage readings? Perhaps they received a faulty unit.

There shouldn't be any voltage drop on a regulated mod. That's the point. The chip calculates how much voltage is required to supply the correct power and outputs that.

I hope we see another video today detailing these issues further. I am seriously considering canceling my orders. No point in having a regulated mod that doesn't regulate.

dwcraig1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
Imperial Beach, California
.3 ohms at 30 watts would be quite weak, but factoring in voltage drop on a mech at .3ohms, most mech mod users are actually experiencing around 40-48watts, not 55-59. To get power that high at .3ohms out of a mech you would need zero voltage drop.

With a single 18650 battery (of your choice) on a mechanical mod with a resistance of 0.3 Ω most will never get past 45 watts.
In fact most will be getting around 38 watts.
By golly, I quoted the wrong poster

Last edited:

mbliffert

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 16, 2014
Ocean Springs, MS

onebadtwo

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 8, 2014
Jacksonville FL
The way I understand these devices operate is according to the specs, once outside of these specs, the device should not work. The way I am understanding the reviews thus far, is once the device is outside of its specs it is sending straight battery voltage to the atomizer. The specs read 7-30W and 4.0-8.3V no matter the resistance... So, if we use whichever ohms calculator we prefer, and plug in a 2.3 ohm atomizer and see what the calculated voltage should be at the selected wattage we find 7W gets us 4.0V (rounded), and at 30W we get 8.3V (rounded). Now lets try a .4 ohm atomizer and see what we get, at 7W we get 1.7V (rounded), and at 30W we get 3.5V (rounded), both of which are out of the devices specs! NOW... Lets consider the most recent video where the guy is using a .7 ohm black kayfun at 16.5W, his calculated voltage SHOULD be 3.4V (rounded), which as you can tell is STILL out of the devices specifications! Can we PLEASE get somebody to post a review at a resistance that this device should be used at??? EVERYBODY seems to want to sub-ohm... This device is not intended to be used in this way...
Curt

dwcraig1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
A few minutes back I did a voltage check off the posts of an atty with 0.34 Ω on a brass Chi clone with a near new Orbtronic SX-30 ( vtc4) to compare to Elev8's test on that Turtleship
I got 3.5 with the vct4 and 3.3 with an older vct3.
Just for reference.
I think the Cana did great, except for them ohm readings on the lower end.

onebadtwo

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 8, 2014
Jacksonville FL
@onebadtwo thank you. I want something that is working high wattage and pushing power to my 1 or 2 ohm coils.

I got a nemesis if I want to do sub ohm

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

I COMPLETELY AGREE!!! This device will NOT take the place of my copper nemmy clone!
Curt

dwcraig1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
This one will put 60 watts into a 0.3 Ω atty
10154927_765772363446990_862601735_n.jpg

Advertised specs say 10 amps and 30 watts but that just isn't the case.

mbliffert

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 16, 2014
Ocean Springs, MS
Have you ever vaped a higher ohm coil at 30watts? Firing a 2ohm coil at 30watts would create so much heat it'd likely burn up the coil, burn up the cotton, or burn your throat, or all three.

Most people I've met, and myself included do not use settings above 20 watts for anything above 1ohm on a DNA device.

The sweet spot for these devices appears to be .7-.8ohms. The regulation and tuning between 20 and 30watts really shines here.

I agree testing down to .3-.4ohms really isn't that helpful, but knowing you can fire your 1.5ohm coil in a Kayfun at 30 watts isn't that helpful either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread