Attack of the Hana Modz Clone. Let's wait together!

Status
Not open for further replies.

bsumpter

Jan 31, 2011
Tennessee
My FT DNA20 Hana clone arrived today. So far, so good! The machining looks very nice, and the anodization is well done and clean. I'm not a huge fan of how the boards are glued into the case, but I understand the original Hana was put together in the same manner. I've tested the charge functions, and in my case I get a red light when charging, and it goes out completely when its finished (no green at all). Resistance measures between 0.1 and 0.2 ohms higher than my Vamo reports.

My only real complaint is that the fire button is smaller than I'm used to, and quite stiff compared to my Vamo or iTaste VV3 buttons. I'm hoping it will loosen up a bit with use, otherwise I may need to start sourcing a replacement button.

Overall though, I'm very happy with the device.

Iceclouds

ECF Veteran
Jan 17, 2014
Miami Lakes, Florida
Ok so I am no Techi whatsoever......just trying to see if this helps anyone. Here is a picture of the Charger that I use on all my devices it belongs to my Sampsung Tablet, as you can see in the second picture I have several, 2 are from Hotcig, 1 is from Cloupor and of course the vapor shark......all the clones give me a green light after approximately 5 hours charging time, I am using vct 5s on all three. Hope this helps????? Samp Tablet Charger.jpg My DNA devices.jpg

MrBeo

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 18, 2012
Deserts of So California
I spoke with the owner of Bcmodz on the Phone for a good half an hour just bs'ing, really great guy. Decided to purchase one aswell. I plan on using my 26650 out in the field and my cana at home :)
I think you made a GREAT pick on that one! CONGRATS :)
I Like My Hana Clone lol but Really happy to be getting a xmod from the Master Dz :)

MrBeo

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 18, 2012
Deserts of So California
for the money those are really sweet mods! What color did you get? :)
My FT DNA20 Hana clone arrived today. So far, so good! The machining looks very nice, and the anodization is well done and clean. I'm not a huge fan of how the boards are glued into the case, but I understand the original Hana was put together in the same manner. I've tested the charge functions, and in my case I get a red light when charging, and it goes out completely when its finished (no green at all). Resistance measures between 0.1 and 0.2 ohms higher than my Vamo reports.

My only real complaint is that the fire button is smaller than I'm used to, and quite stiff compared to my Vamo or iTaste VV3 buttons. I'm hoping it will loosen up a bit with use, otherwise I may need to start sourcing a replacement button.

garpt01

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 6, 2014
South Florida
Ok so I am no Techi whatsoever......just trying to see if this helps anyone. Here is a picture of the Charger that I use on all my devices it belongs to my Sampsung Tablet, as you can see in the second picture I have several, 2 are from Hotcig, 1 is from Cloupor and of course the vapor shark......all the clones give me a green light after approximately 5 hours charging time, I am using vct 5s on all three. Hope this helps????? View attachment 344907 View attachment 344908

It helps *me* see that you are very lucky if you got three clones that are all showing a green light when charged.
Seriously, though, I think we have seen that some of the clones, (including mine), have a charging circuit that has an LED that is not going to turn green. Charger, cable, battery, and charge time are not relevant. What we (I) would like to know is why- Is it a different LED, different charging circuit board, or other?

Fir3b1rd

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2014

Do the FT Hana clones have an actual DNA chip? Or is it an SX chip or something different altogether?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Iceclouds

ECF Veteran
Jan 17, 2014
Miami Lakes, Florida
It helps *me* see that you are very lucky if you got three clones that are all showing a green light when charged.
Seriously, though, I think we have seen that some of the clones, (including mine), have a charging circuit that has an LED that is not going to turn green. Charger, cable, battery, and charge time are not relevant. What we (I) would like to know is why- Is it a different LED, different charging circuit board, or other?

Sorry Gar I know it must be frustrating, I can tell you that whenever I have charged one them using one of our IPhone chargers they have never turned Green. I guess this is going to be a never ending mystery until somebody gets really ...... and takes their unit apart to check the LEDs.....Oh wait I thing Retird did that already right? Oh well just trying to help

herb

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2014
Northern NJ native , Coastal NC now.
Do the FT Hana clones have an actual DNA chip? Or is it an SX chip or something different altogether?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think ALL the clones have a copy of a DNA chip , i don't think any have a real Evolve DNA chip but i could be wrong. The good thing about Fasttech is they are priced at $52.00 and $56.00 and they have a very long return policy so if something happens even after a month of using it no problem.

From all the research i did most say all the clones regardless of maker are essentially the same and function the same , if thats the case i'll pay the cheapest price with the longest warranty.

If you take a good look at them on FT's site they look identical to the other clones i have seen.

garpt01

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 6, 2014
South Florida
Sorry Gar I know it must be frustrating, I can tell you that whenever I have charged one them using one of our IPhone chargers they have never turned Green. I guess this is going to be a never ending mystery until somebody gets really ...... and takes their unit apart to check the LEDs.....Oh wait I thing Retird did that already right? Oh well just trying to help

Thanks, Iceclouds for the input.
What could be a bit helpful is if you could possibly let us know the specs on the back of the Samsung charger you are using that appears to work. I was in the retail electronics biz for years so I have countless wall warts around the house, as well as USB 2 and USB 3 charging sources. There are dozens of others in this thread with as much or more experience then myself as well. No one has come up with the exact cause (or reason) that I have seen so far.
Look forward to the specifications.
Gary

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread