Atty confusion

Status
Not open for further replies.

JenBruin

Dec 11, 2010
San Diego
I'm thinking about getting a 306 atty for my eGo but the options I'm finding from vendors are pretty cryptic. Some have pictures that look exactly like a 510 atty (no exposed bridge) while others appear to have an exposed bridge. Is it some sort of sleeve that comes on and off? Also, someone on this forum mentioned a 306 "cart." Is there really such a thing as a 306 cartomizer or were they referring to the atty? Sorry if it's a stupid question, lol.

newbutt

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Not a stupid question(to me anyway) I too have been confused lately about the 306 & have been using them for a year.

I use the 306 atty's with eGo & 510 batts strictly for dipping. To me the 306 batts aren't good for much except being cute. But,IMO they feel the closest to having an analog in your hand.
So I get confused when I see 306 cartomizers for one . . . the battery will run out before the cartomizer :confused:
So maybe the 306 carto's are actually made for the 520 :?: A Joye 520 is a little known mini that I've only seen for sale on the French websites. It looks just like a 510 but thinner,same as the 306. The battery life is said to be between a 510 & 510 mega, which I think would be perfect if you didn't want to use the industrial looking eGo.

And what's with drip tips for 306's ?:confused: My hands & eyes don't work like they used to,so to me, dripping's a hassle anyway. I have a hard enough time topping off carts & carto's :blush: And how does a drip tip fit on a 306 atty? The ones I've seen go in like a cart.

And do we really need a LR 306 atty? I get so much vapor for a regular 306 atty it's sick.

And why do I vape 3 times as much when I'm here :oops:

JenBruin

Dec 11, 2010
San Diego
I went ahead and ordered some 306 attys with a drip tip. It seems that the 306 drip tip works just like the 510 one, only a different size. I'd much rather drip straight from a bottle than have to take the darn thing apart and dip into a contact case or something every time it needs a top off. As for LR, I don't even like 510 LR, plus they allegedly shorten battery life so I won't even bother with them :p

eHuman

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 18, 2010
San Diego
You really don't want to use a LR atty unless you have a high mAh battery. They drain batteries faster, and if used on a standard battery, can attempt to pull "more current"/"use more watts" than the battery is designed to flow, thus shortening the battery life causing premature failure. Exceding the engineered discharge rate of a battery isn't good mkay?

None of the stock standard, XL, or mega batteries should be used with them. 450mAh is minimum, but I wouldn't even use them unless I had a 900mAh batt or larger.

LR atty's should not be used on batteries over 3.7vdc

If you like carts, use the 510. If you drip, 510 or 306.

You want more vapor and TH? Use a LR.

I'm getting some 306 low resistance attys and a drip tip for my Ego. The 306 LR's are all the rage right now, so I'll give them a try. The 306 carts and drip tips fit on the outside of the atty, unlike the 510, in which the cart or drip tip fits on the inside of the barrel of the atty. The 306 has an exposed bridge, so there is no barrel chamber. This video show the 306 with a clear drip tip. The video also describes some drawbacks that could possibly hasten my return to 510 attys:

Reactions: newbutt
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread