atty doesnt fire

Status
Not open for further replies.

Garnoch

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 5, 2010
NYC
You might be out of luck. It appears even when threads match, some of these cartos are too recessed for some reason. The the new 902 carto isn't quite as high as the old one either but I only had an issue with one battery. I've seen this on other cartos too. I have yet to not get one to work though so even though you might be out of luck, you also might be in luck. Sometimes battery contacts get pushed in a little too much from use, especially if someone over tightens often. If you take something like one side of nail scissors or tweezers, put it down the threads of the battery along side of the contact and gently lift for just a moment on the contact (say 4 times around the edge), it should lift it enough to make contact. The problem with this is that its fairly easy to pull the contact up too much and then the battery is ruined, it will pop right out. I've done this maybe 15 times and only ruined one battery - I'm also confident though that I'll never ruin another. Good luck and please let us know how it goes or what you decide.

joeman

ECF Veteran
Mar 31, 2011
Babson Park, Fla
Your the genius!! It actually worked great!1 I used a small paper clip and it lifted right up. And yes I guess I have been screwing in my batts. too much!! Oh so much to learn but worth it. I owe you one. Thanks.
You might be out of luck. It appears even when threads match, some of these cartos are too recessed for some reason. The the new 902 carto isn't quite as high as the old one either but I only had an issue with one battery. I've seen this on other cartos too. I have yet to not get one to work though so even though you might be out of luck, you also might be in luck. Sometimes battery contacts get pushed in a little too much from use, especially if someone over tightens often. If you take something like one side of nail scissors or tweezers, put it down the threads of the battery along side of the contact and gently lift for just a moment on the contact (say 4 times around the edge), it should lift it enough to make contact. The problem with this is that its fairly easy to pull the contact up too much and then the battery is ruined, it will pop right out. I've done this maybe 15 times and only ruined one battery - I'm also confident though that I'll never ruin another. Good luck and please let us know how it goes or what you decide.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread