Status
Not open for further replies.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
What would cause an atty to get very hot to the touch after just a couple of draws? I have even cleaned it and it does not seem to change. Is it getting ready to die on me?:(

Kinda hard to say seeing that we don't know

What type of Atty it is
What the Ohm rating is for the Atty
What type of Battery your using it on
Or if other attys get hot also or if it is just this one.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
In my case one atty while aging (can't put a figure on it) went down in resistance from 1.7 Ohm to 1.1 Ohm making it to behave the way you described. I must add that the vape was hot too not just an atty.
Get a meter and check the resistance.

If the atomizer wire is bunched up and touch itself, not in a coil, can this cause a drop in Resistance?

Also, if the OP has a meter, check the output voltage. I heard of run-a-way batteries from fried circuit boards but I'm not sure if this is true or not.

Hogie

ECF Veteran
Dec 18, 2010
Coventry, NY
OK, now the atty seems to be doing better. My resistance reading seems to be in the good range according to what I have read. I just kept dripping drops of juice onto it, vaping on it again (still hot and low vapor output, not too good taste), doing this over and over til it finally came back to life! I guess, as I stated in the cleaning thread, I was guilty of cleaning them and putting them away in my goodie box DRY! They sat in the box for a couple weeks bone dry. I am gonna get some PG to put on them after cleaning before storing from now on!

Papa Lazarou

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 15, 2008
UK
2.2 ohms is in the normal range for a standard 510. A guess here, but lots of heat and not much vapour could be a sign of a fouled coil. The heat maybe because you have to apply power for a long time to get any significant vapour out it. As you have a Provari, sometimes just using it for a time at an increased voltage can help burn off the carbon from the coil, and help kick the atty's back into life. Maybe try in the 4.5~5v range? Otherwise I do dry burns.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread