The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Not sure

Discussion in 'Atomizer Issues' started by SneakyVapper, Mar 12, 2013.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. SneakyVapper

SneakyVapper Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 27, 2013
    FPO AP
    I don't know if this is an atty problem or a juice problem. My atty has been heating up too fast, it feels hot to touch when I take draws. It also takes a pretty hard pull just to get any vape. I actually start to feel lightheaded after one or two draws because it's so hard to pull anything up. I'm using the same type atty and same type juice that I have been using for a while, and just started happening. Same problem after cleaning the atty and even trying a new one, same style. My mod is mechanical so I opened it up, but it's clean too.

So...clean parts, same parts, same juice...any ideas?

2. Blix

Blix Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 8, 2013
    Stabekk, Norway
    Nope, you're not even saying which atomizer so it's hard to guess wildly.... :)

3. mtw4shore

mtw4shore Moved On

Nov 7, 2012
    Can you tell us what your hardware is? If you have an adapter, it may be clogged. Have you checked your voltage settings? They may be way up on accident. It seems like something is blocked somewhere.

4. SneakyVapper

Feb 27, 2013
    FPO AP
    Well, it's a simple 3.7V box mod, no settings. This is happening with a commercial passthru too though. The atty's are 808D, 2.6-2.8 ohm standard clearomizers from ecigexpress. No adapters, I made my mod with an 808D connector. I have an A7 RBA coming in the mail, so I only need these to last a couple for days. I was just wondering if anybody knew of any weird issues it might be. I'll take it apart again tonight and reclean to see if that helps...

5. Katya

Katya ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Feb 23, 2010
    SoCal
    Do you have a multimeter? Just because the specs say that your atty is 2.6-2.8Ω, it is not always the case. QC. It sounds like your atty may be running hot because of lower ohms. No way of knowing without a multimeter, though.

6. SneakyVapper

Feb 27, 2013
    FPO AP
    Multimeter has it at 3.3-3.5 ohms. I didn't realize it could be so off. Think that might be why it's running hot at least. The draw/pull eased up, I don't know what I did, but it doesn't pull so hard anymore.

7. SneakyVapper

Feb 27, 2013
    FPO AP
    It also seems to be burning out the seal on my connector. Took the atty off today, and I see black gunk all in the threads. Funny, it doesn't seem to have a leak.

8. gtbb

gtbb Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 22, 2012
    Cape Coral,Florida
    Time to replace that atty. for safety sake.

9. SneakyVapper

Feb 27, 2013
    FPO AP
    Oh I did:) Got my RBA in the mail about 2 days later. Love it!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.