Status
Not open for further replies.

suprtrkr

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2014
Cowtown, USA. Where the West begins.
Hi and welcome. What mod and batteries are you using? It is easily possible for a .2Ω coil to be too low, depending on how accurate your mod's ohmmeter might be. The low battery warning sounds like you need new batteries. Getting "low batt" at half charge is a classic sign of a worn-out cell.

YvngRager

Mar 13, 2018
Hi and welcome. What mod and batteries are you using? It is easily possible for a .2Ω coil to be too low, depending on how accurate your mod's ohmmeter might be. The low battery warning sounds like you need new batteries. Getting "low batt" at half charge is a classic sign of a worn-out cell.
I don’t know what batteries but it’s a alien 220 by smok and if I put a tank on it it works fine

Reactions: stols001

suprtrkr

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2014
Cowtown, USA. Where the West begins.
Ok. Check the connections in your Phobia. Make sure you have no loose screws and the coil isn't grounding out on the top cap or something. If all that's clear, I suspect the real difference is wire mass. Your dual staples have a lot more wire to heat up than even a T8 Baby coil. You can expect a longer ramp time before you get useful vapor, and they'll need to use a lot more power to get up to temp (although they'll stay hot longer, and second and subsequent hits in quick succession can use the latent heat left in the coil). You'll find those big-azz staples are a lot happier at 120-150 watts than 60. It just takes a mess of power to fire them.

I'm not sure why you're getting a coil too low message if nothing is loose or grounded. But the low batt warning-- I'll stand on it. It sounds like your cells are getting past their useful life, or they do not have a high enough CDR to fire your machine at even 60 watts consistently. They can probably do a better job with the Baby because it has a lot less wire to heat and I'll bet you're letting go of the button faster too.

• Agree

Skunk!

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 25, 2014
Las Vegas
I would check the screws on the coils. If the tank is reading fone then something is probably loose on the rda. Loose coils will make the resistance fluxuate. Also replace the batteries. You should know everything about what kind of batteries you have. Good quality authentic batteries are the first priority. If you are getting that much battery sag they could be worn out or possible rewraps. My personal faves right now are LG hg2 and Samsung Q30. The LG have almost no sag and i use them at 70 watts. Low sub ohm coils were to make power on a fixed voltage mechanical mod. With regulated devices they are not necessary. I usually go for .35 to .42 in regulated but I am just running standard fused claptons. Try 1 more wrap if it'll fit (staggered stapled coils are pretty wide) . I think you will be pleasently surprised.

• Useful

YvngRager

Mar 13, 2018
I would check the screws on the coils. If the tank is reading fone then something is probably loose on the rda. Loose coils will make the resistance fluxuate. Also replace the batteries. You should know everything about what kind of batteries you have. Good quality authentic batteries are the first priority. If you are getting that much battery sag they could be worn out or possible rewraps. My personal faves right now are LG hg2 and Samsung Q30. The LG have almost no sag and i use them at 70 watts. Low sub ohm coils were to make power on a fixed voltage mechanical mod. With regulated devices they are not necessary. I usually go for .35 to .42 in regulated but I am just running standard fused claptons. Try 1 more wrap if it'll fit (staggered stapled coils are pretty wide) . I think you will be pleasently surprised.
I’m going to try it in my snow wolf to see if it’s just the mod or not

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Yes, but if you are using the same batteries, you won't really know, right? It does sound to me like the batteries you are using could be near their useful life.... I guess it could be a loose build fluctuating, but if your resistance is low (lower and more mass than the Baby beast) then your batteries WILL perform differently especially if they are inauthentic or near the end of their useful life, if you are running a higher wattage setup.

I think it would be find to test the tank on another mod (if your batteries are different) but it sounds to me like you could have 3 problems, and you are going to need to find a way to isolate them.
a) possibly a "loose build" could easily check the tank's coils for "looseness' and read again on an ohm's meter.
b) could be something going on with your Alien, the electronics inside
c) could be bad batteries.

I guess play around with things until you get one thing isolated, but I'm not entirely sure what is happening, and I'd say you won't be either until you start some various experiments.

Good luck, I would RULE OUT inauthentic batteries first, IMO, as they're really the "area" in vaping where you can't skimp. For more on battery safety (including reputable suppliers) go here:
Mooch's blog | E-Cigarette Forum

Anna

Reactions: Don29palms
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread