• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Atty Vs. Cart Vs. Clear... Ohm my!

Status
Not open for further replies.
The more I read in forums, the more confused I get. Maybe if I get instructions based on my personal kit, I can relate it to the facts of e-cigs, so here it goes.

I own a manual 510 Mega Auto Kit kit and a similar kit from viecs.com (can't find the link since they changed their store around). I'm on my last atty and purchased ones that only suck in air from madvapes so I'm getting nervous that my last atty will die with nothing to replace it with.

I've heard that the particular kit I have shouldn't have the attys it does, so I ask you all what atomizers I should purchase next. I want to keep it from madvapes. I own juices and want to be able to hold about 10 drips at a time so now I wonder if a cart would suit me best... or are carts for automatics that are already prefilled can can't be filled again? And then there are clearomizers? Too many choices but I just want the basics.

So, something preferably from this page: http://www.madvapes.com/pv-parts/atomizers/510-atomizers.html but I don't know which one best suits my particular kit because of the ohms.

Please help. Thanks!

Last edited:

chagrin

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 29, 2012
Toronto, Canada
The simplest explanation is that the lower the omhs the lower voltage you need to create vapour, 510 batteries are quite low voltage at 3.3 volts, as opposed to some bigger e-cigarettes which can go from 5-6 volts or higher. So personally I'd say you want to stick with LR (low resistance), which for most devices is usually 1.8 or 2.0, sometimes lower.

Cartridges can be re-filled a few times, yes, but virtually no one uses this set up any more. I would suggest LR cartomizers, if you're insistent on using the 510, they have the atomizer and filler built into one disposable unit for a lower price and perform better.

Clearomizers weren't really designed for the 510 or any cigarette sized devices, the popular ones - stardust, vivi nova and kanger t2 are 3-4 times the diameter of the 510 battery. You're really stuck with the standard old atomizer and cartridge, the atomizer and tank system (which performs horribly) or a cartomizer.

I'd personally suggest going with a new kit like the Redds kit from happyvaper or the eRoll from canvape, both vendors are in Canada and both are better performing systems that are cigarettes sized. That is of course assuming you don't want to go with something cigar sized, like an Ego twist - which is generally what the majority of people are using now.

Last edited:
If 510s need LR attys, why are there higher volts available for 510s online? I'm still curious about this page 510 Atomizer, 510 Atomizers | MadVapes for purchasing some- I understand the shipping will take longer but it's cheaper...

...but if there are any Canadian vendors at this price, I'm willing to switch it up. Any recommendations from this page or others?

chagrin

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 29, 2012
Toronto, Canada
You can use a higher resistance it just won't produce as much vapour and those atomizers will work on hundreds of e-cigarettes that that are 10 times the size with 10 times the battery life. 510 is used to reference the connection (threads) and not just the 510 battery.

Try looking at canvape.com and maybe vaporgeek.com, just don't buy the bridgeless atomizer if you're still using cartridges.

Like I'd said though I would suggest getting a new device, or if you use the 510 switch to cartomizers, they only last a few days to a week or so, but they can be found for $1 each, if you buy a bunch: Boge Mix'n'Match (5 Box).

Last edited:

farmer_bric

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 24, 2011
Maberly, ON
I noticed he doesn't have parts for a 510, unfortunately. :(

Are there any atomizers I can buy online for less than $10, Canadian or US suppliers (that ship to Canada, of course) that anyone can recommend? Madvapes is out of the ones I need, I see.

Actually I use his 801 Ikenvape atomizers with a 510 adapter :)

Battlelance

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 8, 2012
NB, Canada
I noticed he doesn't have parts for a 510, unfortunately. :(

Sure he does. Here is your low resistance atomizer

Everyone here has given you great advise. The old-school 510 batteries (I started with the same kit, and still use those batteries occasionally) are, well, old-school. Do yourself a favour and get a ego twist and a clearomizer (T2, vivi, etc) or cartomizers. Those old cartidge + atty setups are just meh.

I linked JR because he is as local to you as you can get, but Canvape has a lot of hardware at fantastic prices and that is where I buy 99.8% of my stuff (only because they carry almost everything, I prefer one stop shops).

Last edited:

larktdl

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 7, 2009
Strathmore, AB
IMO, if you are using a 510/eGo type battery (less than 4 volts under load) I suggest that you get a cartridge/atomizer in the ohms range of 2.4 - 2.8 ohms ,,, any lower and I think you will get the gawd awful burning issue biting at you, any higher and the atty may not produce the hit you are looking for.

Since you are in NS, as already suggested by farmer_bic, contact Switcher. He is a vaping guru and will be able to help you out.

When I first started vaping, Switched (Switcher) was my goto guy for all things related to ecigs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread