Attys without the yucky stuff in them...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dani1226

Apr 23, 2011
Louisiana
Where is the best place to buy them? I want the best deal because I'm really leery of even using attys now, since the horrible experience... I actually put my Riva back in the packaging because it makes me too sad to look at it and not be able to use it... I have one other atomizer but it's got that primer stuff all over it and I'm just not up for another ordeal like the one I went through last night... It's not worth it to me... The taste and vape literally cut my breath and made my throat tighten...

So, best/cheapest place for attys that you know don't come with primer and cheapest place for blank Riva style cartomizers... I'm not sure I need the low resistance... everyone raves about them but I've always taken really small drags so if it's for a bigger "hit", I'm not sure I even need them? What exactly is better about them?

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
Hi and welcome.
Not all users need to use lr. Some ecig users are trying to get a close match to when they smoked analogs, and want a hotter hit than some....use the reg boge cartomizers rated ate 3.0 ohms or 3.2....this will give you a nice smooth hit without the harshness,
All atties have shipping primer in them...you just need to clean it out first.....I blow thru it and wipe it down well with a q-tip for the inside and a paper towel for the outside. Cartomizers atty+cart--do not have the primer in them.
You can look at liberty-flights.com for the boges....remember the 20% discount at top left of their home page....
or you can go here to see if there are any better discounts.
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/pay-forward-pif/85781-deals-steals-341.html
:)

Last edited:

NicLiq

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 11, 2011
Twin Cities, MN
nicliq.blogspot.com
I'm really sorry that happened to you, I only have Riva atomizers, haven't tried any other brand.

I don't know if this would help, but I was wanting a clean atomizer every time I tested some DIY juice, so what I did was soak it in a denture cleaning tablet overnight and then boiled it for 5 minutes the next day. I read about the denture cleaning tab thing on here.

The best deal (that I know of) on Boge 510 standard cartomizers is from Crystal Clear Vaping (cmdryker, a registered supplier here) 15 Boge 510 Carto Deal at Crystal Clear Vaping : Cleanest, Purest Unflavored Nicotine On The Planet

Healthcabin.net has a pack of 5 on sale for $4.50, but they are in China and the shipping is too high to get them here quickly.

I use cartomizers almost exclusively, they are great, but they have their issues too - they have to be completely filled the first time you use them or you will get another awful taste that takes a day to get out of your system. The low resistant ones have a different vapor, they seem more like cigarette smoking to me on a Riva, but I tend to use the regular ones more.

StormFinch

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2010
Arkansas
I buy all of my attys from Liberty Flights, listed under their Riva accessories, and haven't gotten one yet with primer in it.

Like Spice said, blow out attys with primer in them thoroughly over the sink or into a paper towel. Then if you want to remove any remaining, rinse them through under hot water and blow them out again a couple of times. Let them sit overnight to air dry and they should be good to go.

CBB

ECF Veteran
Mar 20, 2011
Pennsylvania
It certainly sounds like you would like cartomizers a lot better. But reading back through a few of your posts it seems you are using PG juices and if there is not enough VG in your juice it can be really harsh, burning your throat and lungs and taste a little bad. I would use juices with at least 20% VG I am sure they would be easier for you to vape.

Dani1226

Apr 23, 2011
Louisiana
A couple of you guys mentioned Liberty Flights... which is kind of strange... because that's where I got my Riva kit from >.< And there's definitely primer in the attys... Could it be just the starter kit attys?

I use the Dekang USA mix exclusively... I've only tried a few juices and they were all super sweet... I think I'll try to work with them to see if I can't get them to a little lighter flavor eventually, but for now I'm pretty happy with the USA mix... On the back of the Dekang mix it says vegetable glycerin, propylene, glycol, and organic flavors... I'm not sure how much of each, though...Went to the website but didn't see it specified... I may have just missed it, though... I get it from Madvapes(really great service:D)... I've really had no problem with it when using my kr808... the TH and vapor are fine... the upgrade was pretty much for the longer battery life and because I wanted to shop for something new >.<

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
A couple of you guys mentioned Liberty Flights... which is kind of strange... because that's where I got my Riva kit from >.< And there's definitely primer in the attys... Could it be just the starter kit attys?

I use the Dekang USA mix exclusively... I've only tried a few juices and they were all super sweet... I think I'll try to work with them to see if I can't get them to a little lighter flavor eventually, but for now I'm pretty happy with the USA mix... On the back of the Dekang mix it says vegetable glycerin, propylene, glycol, and organic flavors... I'm not sure how much of each, though...Went to the website but didn't see it specified... I may have just missed it, though... I get it from Madvapes(really great service:D)... I've really had no problem with it when using my kr808... the TH and vapor are fine... the upgrade was pretty much for the longer battery life and because I wanted to shop for something new >.<

I think it may be just the starter kits. When I have purchase atties by themselves from LF,,,they have been pretty clean.

mwa102464

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 14, 2009
Outside of the Philadelphia Burbs, NJ & Fla
Put a carto condom on the bottom of your Atty before using, fill Atty with juice your gonna run in it above the bridge, let Atty sit filled up like this for at least a half hour, hour is great if ya can. pull off condom blow out Atty and put on PV, it's now primed properly and will run like a charm when broken in. This method of priming the Atty works, I have been using it for 2 years now, it ensures the entire internals of your Atty are primed properly. if you run an Atty and get a burnt wick as new it will never taste the way it will if the above process is used as well. Just my very own personal experience and opinion. I also like Ikenvape Attys by far over any others !

Brewlady

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Try cleaning the attys with baking soda and vinegar.

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/e-cigarette-maintenance/177570-novel-way-clean-atty.html

I use mostly 306 attys, so I mixed together baking soda and vinegar in a plastic container, and shook the attys around in the solution until it stopped fizzing. I rinsed them really well in HOT water, and then blew them out. They were just like new. It's worth a try, if you do try it please post if it works for you or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread